Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Chevy Chase Disses SNL

Former "Saturday Night Live" star Chevy Chase slammed the late night show and its creator Lorne Michaels in an interview published Wednesday for what he called "the worst f--- humor in the world."

Speaking to The Washington Post, the 74-year-old Chase, one of SNL's original cast members, said that while he didn't want to offend Michaels or the show's current cast, he's "amazed Lorne has gone so low."

"I just couldn't f--- believe it," Chase said of the current show, set to premiere its 44th season. "That means a whole generation of s---heads laughs at the worst f--- humor in the world."

"You know what I mean? How could you dare give that generation worse sh-- than they already have in their lives? It just drives me nuts," Chase told the newspaper.

The "Caddyshack" star, who was featured on the show during its first one and a half seasons, said the show "went downhill" after its first two years on air. "Why am I saying that? Because I was in it? I guess."

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Dunno, stopped watching after the Wayne's World era.
    Those first couple seasons will never be matched.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Show went down the toilet after the Spade/Farley/Hartman/Nealon/Sandler/Myers era. Will Ferrell has been the only bright spot on the show in the last 20 years.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Show went down the toilet after the Spade/Farley/Hartman/Nealon/Sandler/Myers era. Will Ferrell has been the only bright spot on the show in the last 20 years.
    agreed

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

I think everyone believes the cast when they were in high school was the best because that’s when we were watching it the most. I was lucky enough to have that time be the above referenced Carvey, Sandler, Spade, Myers, Hartmon group.

Also liked Norm McDonald on the news before he got canned. Wasn’t Chris Rock with that crew for a bit? Actually don’t remember him being utilized that much.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

SNL is crap today unless we and Chevy Chase got old. I can't watch it anymore..

Old school humor.. Rodney 1979.. Wanna good laugh watch this...

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Not sure who watches snl anymore. I couldn't name one person. It's not funny.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I stop watching after the Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan era with a Night at the Roxbury. Movie was dumb but I still went to watch it.

"And I was like, Emilio" .... "The Mighty Ducks guy"

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Agreed..

Points Awarded:

Mayberry gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    Not sure who watches snl anymore. I couldn't name one person. It's not funny.
    I can't imagine who watches it either. Does it still rate well in the US? When I heard that dude Ariana Grande's engaged to was on it I assumed it was on its last legs. He looks like he can barely drag himself out of bed most days. I thought Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon were quite funny when they did the news together but I can't force myself to watch now even if I like the guest host. Too bad because that was once a great show.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i tried to watch earlier this year but it was so bad, not funny anymore

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

1) Chevy Chase is right, this edition of SNL can't hold a candle to the SNL casts of the late 70's early 80's.
    2) Chevy Chase has not been relevant since the National Lampoon Vacation movie, the original one.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

show has not been relevant nor funny in over 20 years

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

If this was the early casts with Trump in office it would be gold. Now they've just become political humor propaganda. I think the end is near.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    1) Chevy Chase is right, this edition of SNL can't hold a candle to the SNL casts of the late 70's early 80's.
    2) Chevy Chase has not been relevant since the National Lampoon Vacation movie, the original one.
    Correct on both counts.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Dunno, stopped watching after the Wayne's World era.
    Those first couple seasons will never be matched.
    Same. It’s not funny anymore.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

SNL turned bad after the liberal femi-nazi’s took over.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I saw a clip from this weekend's show and it was of Kanye and some other dude dressed like water bottles bouncing around singing. That's all the further confirmation I needed to say I've aged out of this one

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Christmas Vacation if the best for me. Watch it every year in December.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

It's nothing but Saturday Night Liberals....a comedy show for SJW's and millennial snowflakes. I haven't watched SNL in over 20 years. I stopped watching when Sandler, Farley, Spade, McDonald, Nealon, Miller, Carvey, Myers all left.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

agree, most of the comedy isn't funny, with the exception of the "news" and DT impersonation, that is really funny. All the rest is crap.