Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As a Dad would you of acted the same?

Phoenix Police say this dad beat up the Man who tried to break into his daughters bathroom stall. The man later died from Trauma and Melvin Harris iii (the dad) was arrested for Murder. Your thoughts?

https://fox59.com/2018/08/14/man-who...mpression=true

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

200% murder

Hope he gets100 years

Can’t do that

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

^disagree
    Prisons are over populated

Give the guy some anger management classes, community service. Whatever to keep the snowflakes happy.
    Save the taxpayer money. Cost 30k+ per prisoner, not worth it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chipup

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Tough one. Lower it to manslaughter.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

"A man, who would later become the victim, approached Harris’ car in the parking lot and asked for money. Harris gave him some money, and the man went into the QT.

Harris was later informed that a man tried to enter the bathroom stall his daughter was using. The teen told an employee, who in turn alerted an on-duty security guard.

The man exited the store and was pointed out to Harris, who realized it was the same man he had given money to earlier. Harris went into the store and told the security guard that, “he needed to take care of the situation, or [Harris] would do it himself.” The guard reportedly told Harris he would handle it."

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Okay, based on the story above, did the guy just try to enter the bathroom not knowing someone was in there?

We've all done that.

Seems we dont know the whole story.

Chipup

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Okay, based on the story above, did the guy just try to enter the bathroom not knowing someone was in there?

We've all done that.

Seems we dont know the whole story.
    Yeah I felt the same way, a lot doesn't add up. If the dad fought the guy post bathroom, then a little angry I can believe but not beat up until dead angry. He had time to cool down a bit.

Also the report makes it sound like he only hit him a few times. Which makes me feel the victim had some pre existing conditions no one could of logically know before hand.

Seems more like a series of unfortunate events strung together. I agree give the guy probation, restitution if family can be found, and definitely anger management/community service.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Problem now is, girls gonna be raised with an incarcerated father.

He was trying protect her but now he can never protect her again, so he simply made the situation worse. I would do anything for my kid and that means I gotta be out of jail to help her through life.

I dont knownthe right answer but sometimes as an adult you gotta slow down, take a step back and look at the big picture. She’s gonna need him alot more over the next 20-30 years

either way, sad story

Chipup

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Problem now is, girls gonna be raised with an incarcerated father.

He was trying protect her but now he can never protect her again, so he simply made the situation worse. I would do anything for my kid and that means I gotta be out of jail to help her through life.

I dont knownthe right answer but sometimes as an adult you gotta slow, stwp back and look at the big picture.

either way, sad story
    Very True. A very good perspective, one I bet a ton of father/daughters wished they had got before hand.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

there should be a class in the USA teaching how to hit without causing severe bodily injuries - every russian kid kid or teen knows - hitting in the head - potential for trauma - hitting in the ribs - hurts but no legal consequences. Hit elbow against chin - guaranteed to knock on the ground - maybe a bit unconscious but again - no severe injuries.

P.S. few generations in a row only get western movies with bar fights and fist in the face scenario fights - which leads to numerous sentences annually I am sure in the USA.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave bozeman 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3032

No, I wouldn't kill a man over that.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

I might kill over that.
    I don't have kids though.

I'll tell you this, if I ever see a bearded man in a dress go in the girls restroom at my work, I'm dragging him out. You can take your goddam snowflake selfrighteous politics and shove them up your asssss!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chipup

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16699

Well the one thing our society cant do without is a dude who approaches cars asking for money and goes into womens restrooms

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Some very solid posts in this thread.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Oh..its a black dad.....no comment