Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Anyone been following the protest/rioting in Chicago?

A week ago 1,000+ people protested and tried to shut down a highway in Chicago because they were sick of nothing being done about all of the murder that was happening in their community.

2 days ago, the Police noticed a black man with a bulge in his pants and approached him about possibly having a gun. The man allegedly ran from the cops and then made "exhibiting characteristics of an armed person" to which the Police shot and killed him. In return, the people of the community violently protested and clashed with Police.

The Police released the body cam footage of the shooting today.

Last edited by Kermit; 07-15-18 at 11:08 PM.

Kermit

Obviously this was a legit shooting as the man clearly had a gun in his pants and was reaching for it. So the question is, what do these people want the Police to do?

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Isn't this EXACTLY what outfitting cops with Go Pros was supposed to prevent? Clearly the guy had a gun and was going for it - case closed. It doesn't matter what his skin color is. If you're "outraged" and "protesting", then you're a lost cause and can't be saved.....

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

How about rioting for all the other senseless killings daily on the south side.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    How about rioting for all the other senseless killings daily on the south side.
    Fortunately, there’s a website that can give you all those stats, facts, numbers, etc. to this sleepy little Liberal Left run backwoods town affectionately known as “Chi-Raq” or “Obamastan”:

https://heyjackass.com/home/

Isn’t the internet a wonderful thing?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

He was a good boy. Aspiring rapper. Turning his life around. Planning on enrolling in Community College next year. Four children with three baby mommas.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Ironically there are probably less murders happening in Chicago now because they are all rioting
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave dlowilly 24 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

They protest when the police shoot, but not when gang members or other members of the public shoot?

The community needs a leader. They need someone to wow them with rhetoric so they will follow him or her to a more sensible road.

This road is so bad to go down.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

One of Big Businesses Homies. Will be starting a thread about it shortly
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebumdude

petepan69
    MAGA! Resistance is futile!
    petepan69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 472

They call it "CHICONGO"

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Ironically there are probably less murders happening in Chicago now because they are all rioting
    True

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I laughed.

Positive change, indeed!

I never understood the mindset of protesters. They do everything wrong. Let's block traffic, THAT will get our message across. No, that will make everyone hate you more, and have people who were originally sympathizing with your cause turn against you.

Let's wear pussy hats that will shame our children years later because somebody said something misogynous. Let's protest Wall Street because we're really lazy and people on Wall Street are not.

turtledoves
    turtledoves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4603

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    They protest when the police shoot, but not when gang members or other members of the public shoot?

The community needs a leader. They need someone to wow them with rhetoric so they will follow him or her to a more sensible road.

This road is so bad to go down.
    They protested violence last week

For weeks, the Rev. Michael Pfleger said his intention was to shut down the busy South Side expressway for a demonstration designed to focus a spotlight on crime, joblessness and poverty plaguing city neighborhoods.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...706-story.html

St. Sabina priest is a good dude who has been working for decades to make a difference

Not specific to cop shooting, an anti violence protest

“He stepped up,” Pfleger said. “… We gave them three weeks’ notice of what we were doing, figure it out!”

was being planned weeks before shooting
    Last edited by turtledoves; 07-16-18 at 05:38 PM.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave turtledoves 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Obviously this was a legit shooting as the man clearly had a gun in his pants and was reaching for it. So the question is, what do these people want the Police to do?
    If you've seen the cops as a**h***s your whole life, they will always be a**h***s no matter what and will defend the other party even if they were wrong. The original excuse was he was a CCW holder, but there's no evidence to support it. A CCW holder also doesn't reach for their gun when confronted by police.

Quote Originally Posted by turtledoves View Post
    St. Sabina priest is a good dude who has been working for decades to make a difference
    Pfleger is a sh** stirring hypocrite.

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/...ide-his-church
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 07-16-18 at 10:07 PM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    Fortunately, there’s a website that can give you all those stats, facts, numbers, etc. to this sleepy little Liberal Left run backwoods town affectionately known as “Chi-Raq” or “Obamastan”:

https://heyjackass.com/home/

Isn’t the internet a wonderful thing?
    I visited Chicago a few months ago. It’s an awesome city. I never felt unsafe one time.

I actually felt a lot less safe in New York City.

With that said, I was by the pier and in the tourist areas. Millinium Park, Hancock Tower, onto Wrigley Field, etc.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    If you've seen the cops as a**h***s your whole life, they will always be a**h***s no matter what and will defend the other party even if they were wrong. The original excuse was he was a CCW holder, but there's no evidence to support it. A CCW holder also doesn't reach for their gun when confronted by police.

Pfleger is a sh** stirring hypocrite.

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/...ide-his-church
    The last excuse that I had heard since the protesters/rioters seen the body cam footage is that the cops had no reason to profile the man and think that he had a gun on him just because he was black.

It went from:

He was unarmed (which was bullshit)

to

He had a permit to carry a gun (which was bullshit)

to

They had no reason to profile him (which is bullshit)

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I visited Chicago a few months ago. It’s an awesome city. I never felt unsafe one time.

I actually felt a lot less safe in New York City.

With that said, I was by the pier and in the tourist areas. Millinium Park, Hancock Tower, onto Wrigley Field, etc.
    I've been to Chicago several times and it was great. But I wasn't anywhere near where all of the bad shit was happening at.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I've been to Chicago several times and it was great. But I wasn't anywhere near where all of the bad shit was happening at.
    Neither was I.

I just feel like most people that haven’t been there think it’s one huge war zone. It’s really not. The bad areas are really bad but if you’re visiting Chicago you’ll never see those areas.

I had heard so many bad things about the city but when I was there I thought it was awesome. It totally changed my perspective.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Neither was I.

I just feel like most people that haven’t been there think it’s one huge war zone. It’s really not. The bad areas are really bad but if you’re visiting Chicago you’ll never see those areas.

I had heard so many bad things about the city but when I was there I thought it was awesome. It totally changed my perspective.
    No, all of the bad shit is happening within like 2 to 3 square miles. Chicago gets a bad rap because it has so many shootings and murders, but it also has almost 3 million people. When you compare it to other cities like St. Louis, Baltimore and Detroit, overall, it is nowhere as bad. Hell, I think Pittsburgh even has a higher murder rate.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I can't believe these gorillas are rioting over this.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Bonus!

VeggieDog

Baltimore cops have turned a blind eye to crimes they see. They respond to calls, but that's about it.

The cops in Chiraq need to do the same. Let the animals police themselves and see how that works out.

Ungrateful fukks.
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave VeggieDog 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Tons of blacks in that city huh ?

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Don’t they have jobs to go to, eh prob not

turtledoves

some of you guys view blacks as "n-words with the er ending" and animals because you are racist. can you even admit to yourself that you view blacks as subhuman much like racist whites of the past? some of you are probably in denial.

Definition of racism

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

you guys are practitioners of racism
    Last edited by turtledoves; 07-19-18 at 10:55 PM.
    Points Awarded:

turtledoves

Definition of prejudice

c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics
    Points Awarded:

turtledoves

in the 1900s, white people wore hoods to anonymously come together and hate on blacks...it was called the KKK

in the 2000s, white people use the internet to anonymously come together and hate on blacks...its called SBR

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Agreed Doves, you are correct, but for some it's the behavior that is appalling, regardless of race.

It's tough one for them because of the social situations at play.

VeggieDog

some of you guys view blacks as "n***ers" and animals because you are racist. can you even admit to yourself that you view blacks as subhuman much like racist whites of the past? some of you are probably in denial.

Definition of racism

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Even Jesse gets it.

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Jesse Jackson

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Even Jesse gets it.

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Jesse Jackson
    Turddoves just got wrecked

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Not really, we all know Jesse Jackson is racist.

No surprise there.

None at all.

dlowilly

Turddoves was wrecked the moment he conjured the n word when no one in this thread had said it

turtledoves

turddoves
    Last edited by turtledoves; 07-19-18 at 11:31 PM.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

some of you guys view blacks as "n***ers" and animals because you are racist. can you even admit to yourself that you view blacks as subhuman much like racist whites of the past? some of you are probably in denial.

Definition of racism

Animals aren't a color thing. Just because someone calls a disgusting human an animal who happens to be black, doesn't mean he thinks all black are animals. Also calling someone who did something disgusting, who happens to be black, an animal doesn't automatically make you a racist. It just doesn't.
    Points Awarded:

turtledoves gave DwightShrute 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dlowilly

turddoves

didn't mean to offend you dlo, edited the original post
    You didn't offend me, I just think it shows your hypersensitivity with this subject.

Ur crying about people using or thinking the n word when ur the only one that mentioned it

12 Last