Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The Pittsburgh Protests over a teen that did a drive by shooting

So two 17 year old kids did a drive by shooting and shot a 22 year old man in the stomach, and the man shot back at the car hitting the rear window twice. 13 minutes later a cop pulls them over and the two kids in the back run from the vehicle and the cop shoots one of the teens 3 times in the back. They find and empty 9mm clip in the dead teen's pocket and 2 guns in the car. The driver of the car was released after questioning as he was just hired to drive the kids as kind of a Jitney taxi service.

They just arrested the second 17 year old that ran from the vehicle and are charging him with the drive by shooting.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018...rose-shooting/

Zaijuan Hester, 17, was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Monday on another charge in the Hill District.

Police say that Hester will be charged Tuesday in connection with the drive-by shooting that occurred earlier in North Braddock.

Both Hester, and Rose ran from a jitney after it was pulled over by East Pittsburgh Police Officer Michael Rosfeld.
    Rosfeld shot and killed Antwon Rose, but until last night Hester remained at large.

Hester was arrested with a 19-year-old woman on Deraud Street in the Hill District.

He is currently charged with a probation violation for filing off an ankle monitoring bracelet. The young woman has been charged with retail theft.
    While police did confirm to KDKA’s Andy Sheehan that Hester will be charged in connection with the drive-by shooting in North Braddock, they will not confirm if he will be charged with doing the actual shooting.
    Last edited by Kermit; 06-26-18 at 02:39 PM.

Kermit

So what the Hell are these people protesting and shutting traffic down for?

Even Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are not getting involved with this one.

ABC news interviewed the parents and when they asked about what happened just prior to the teen getting shot by the cop, they declined to talk about it and instead went on to say that their son wanted to be a Lawyer or a Engineer.
    Last edited by Kermit; 06-26-18 at 02:44 PM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

after hearing what a promising, giving, caring, straight-A student with so much to offer and with such a bright future the 17 yr-old victim was, I'm quite certain he was not involved in the drive by earlier that day, but rather merely caught a ride with his homies after THEY did the driveby shooting, as he was still at school helping others in "study hall"....

the reason he bolted from the car was either to 1. get back to school to study some more, 2. two help that little old white lady they saw one block over with a cane cross the street before she got hit by a car, or 3. to get to a Bible Study class he was late for.....

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

And he was following in the footsteps of the "gentle giant" in St Louis. When its an adult they are elders/deacons in the church--just happened to be on pcp/meth when the cops shot them. The media in America are totally complicit with the hate narrative. Spread the lies. There are plenty of dirty cops (especially here in Panama) think Serpico, but the majority are just trying to get home to their famiies.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20481

He was a good boy. Aspiring rapper. Turning his life around. Going to start community college next year. Never hurt anyone. Just got in with the wrong crowd.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

according to the East Philly Police Department, he, like baby bear's porridge, was in the "just right" crowd for their purposes.....

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think the whole problem with police and blacks in the USA is searching and/or pulling over people without any cause.

that certainly doesn't apply here and i would expect better from black justice groups.... note: i haven't clicked through to original story. judging summarized version in this thread.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    and the cop shoots one of the teens 3 times in the back.
    So what the Hell are these people protesting and shutting traffic down for?
    I'm guessing the fact they shot him in the back. I didn't see that tidbit in the article attached though.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I'm guessing the fact they shot him in the back. I didn't see that tidbit in the article attached though.
    I look at it this way, if a cop chases down a car(with bullet holes in the window giving even more verification it was the vehicle he was looking for) that was just involved in a drive by shooting, everyone inside of that vehicle should be considered highly dangerous.

If the occupants of that vehicle take off running, the cop has no way of knowing if they are still armed or could be a potential threat to the rest of the surrounding area or that cop himself. They could run and take cover and fire at the officer. I mean, you already know that they were just shooting at someone else, so how do you take that risk?
    Last edited by Kermit; 06-26-18 at 07:09 PM.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I get it Kermit, but I'm sure that's what they're protesting. I'm also guessing the family will get a settlement. I'm not saying it's right though.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I get it Kermit, but I'm sure that's what they're protesting. I'm also guessing the family will get a settlement. I'm not saying it's right though.
    I wonder what will happen if it's determined that this Antwon Rose was the shooter in that drive by? The are supposedly 3 videos of that shooting. The Police released one of them earlier today. It's pretty blurry though and all you can make out is someone reaching out of the right rear window with something in their hand.

It's funny none of the protesters or the family members want to address the drive by shooting that took place 13 minutes earlier and are only concerned with the aftermath. This is like the 4th drive by shooting in the Pittsburgh area in the last couple weeks. Recently a rapper was shot and killed, and in another drive by a 19 year old woman was killed in a car and 3 males were wounded.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

how many threads u gonna make

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

I look at it this way, if a cop chases down a car(with bullet holes in the window giving even more verification it was the vehicle he was looking for) that was just involved in a drive by shooting, everyone inside of that vehicle should be considered highly dangerous.

If the occupants of that vehicle take off running, the cop has no way of knowing if they are still armed or could be a potential threat to the rest of the surrounding area or that cop himself. They could run and take cover and fire at the officer. I mean, you already know that they were just shooting at someone else, so how do you take that risk?
    IF they were running away and also not positively identified, should we be happy for cops to execute people when not in imminent danger?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    how many threads u gonna make
    What are you talking about? This is the only thread that I made.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    IF they were running away and also not positively identified, should we be happy for cops to execute people when not in imminent danger?
    We know that now. Hindsight is always 20/20.

If a cop pulls over a car matching the description of one just used in a drive by shooting and the rear window is shot out, how can that cop not be on edge? And if the occupants take off running, how is that cop supposed to know if they are still armed or not?

Optional

We know that now. Hindsight is always 20/20.

If a cop pulls over a car matching the description of one just used in a drive by shooting and the rear window is shot out, how can that cop not be on edge? And if the occupants take off running, how is that cop supposed to know if they are still armed or not?
    If they are running away he is not in imminent danger is he?

And I don't think assuming they have guns and might start shooting bystanders is enough to justify shooting is it?

Is it really only that people think it's only an issue for blacks and criminals that so many seem happy with with extrajudicial police shootings?

Kermit

If they are running away he is not in imminent danger is he?

And I don't think assuming they have guns and might start shooting bystanders is enough to justify shooting is it?

Is it really only that people think it's only an issue for blacks and criminals that so many seem happy with with extrajudicial police shootings?
    I just don't understand why the media is making a martyr out of someone who 13 minutes earlier tried to kill someone else.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

The cop didn't know when he shot him.

He shot someone in the back, unarmed, running away from him.

That's all he knew at the time. Your title is hindsight.

It was ruled murder.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    The cop didn't know when he shot him.

He shot someone in the back, unarmed, running away from him.

That's all he knew at the time. Your title is hindsight.

It was ruled murder.
    The cop didn't know what? That the occupants of the car were just involved in a drive by shooting?

Then what did he pull the car over for?

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

You dont shoot someone in the back running from you thats not a threat, that applies to regular ppl AND more importantly cops, and even if, if he was the one to do whatever and they knew, they still cant just up and shoot someone thats not a threat..running away isnt a threat, run and catch them like most cops do, cops arent judge jury and excutioner, and even if you wanna use that logic..then why is every mass shooter taken alive?? There found with guns and its known that theyve killed ppl...yet not a stratch on them, so stop with the bs

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    You dont shoot someone in the back running from you thats not a threat, that applies to regular ppl AND more importantly cops, and even if, if he was the one to do whatever and they knew, they still cant just up and shoot someone thats not a threat..running away isnt a threat, run and catch them like most cops do, cops arent judge jury and excutioner, and even if you wanna use that logic..then why is every mass shooter taken alive?? There found with guns and its known that theyve killed ppl...yet not a stratch on them, so stop with the bs
    Don't most mass shooters give up, which is why they are taken alive?

And how do you know that someone who is running away from you is not a threat? How do you know that they are not trying to gain a better vantage point? You already know that they were trying to kill someone else, so what would lead you to believe that they are no longer a threat to you or the community?

And that whole "Cops aren't Judge, Jury, and Executioner" line is getting old. Cops have to make split decisions in dangerous situations, which does make them "Judge, Jury, and Executioner" at some points in their profession.

The thing that people should be protesting is that the fact that the cop didn't manage to take out both of those scumbags when they took off running.

Kermit

If this was a routine traffic stop where 2 teens took off running and a cop shot them in the back, I would agree that this cop was 1000% wrong and should go to prison.

But this wasn't a routine traffic stop, even though the media has been trying to claim that it was since last week.

This was a felony traffic stop involving an unknown number of armed dangerous people in the vehicle.

The fact that a single cop actually tried to detain all of these people by himself before back up arrived was pretty ballsy.
    Last edited by Kermit; 06-26-18 at 11:10 PM.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I'm glad criminals are dead.

Optional

I just don't understand why the media is making a martyr out of someone who 13 minutes earlier tried to kill someone else.
    I get that part.

But you don't have to feel sorry for the guy to think cops shouldn't be gunning down citizens without proper reason.

If we make excuses for it, it will only get worse, until it does effect white people too.

Kermit

I get that part.

But you don't have to feel sorry for the guy to think cops shouldn't be gunning down citizens without proper reason.

If we make excuses for it, it will only get worse, until it does effect white people too.
    It does affect white people, but it doesn't make the national news, or if it does, it doesn't stay there very long. Not to mention, we wash our hands of them if they are criminals, not turn them into heroes.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

It does affect white people, but it doesn't make the national news, or if it does, it doesn't stay there very long. Not to mention, we wash our hands of them if they are criminals, not turn them into heroes.
    Just because (some) white people accept police doing whatever the hell they want doesn't mean everybody should.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

If this was a routine traffic stop where 2 teens took off running and a cop shot them in the back, I would agree that this cop was 1000% wrong and should go to prison.

But this wasn't a routine traffic stop, even though the media has been trying to claim that it was since last week.

This was a felony traffic stop involving an unknown number of armed dangerous people in the vehicle.

The fact that a single cop actually tried to detain all of these people by himself before back up arrived was pretty ballsy.
    If he actually thought he was in any danger, then this is just plain stupid.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    If he actually thought he was in any danger, then this is just plain stupid.
    So there was no danger in pulling over a vehicle that you know was just involved in a drive by shooting?

They arrested the cop and are charging him with criminal homicide, so I guess we'll see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Just because (some) white people accept police doing whatever the hell they want doesn't mean everybody should.
    I would never waste my time laying down on the road blocking traffic and inconveniencing residents of the city over some white punk kid that just tried to kill someone.
    Last edited by Kermit; 06-27-18 at 10:02 AM.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Cop was a piece of shyt. You don't go shooting folks in the back when they are running away and not opposing a threat.

Lock that piece of shyt up and throw away the key.

Guess they let any worthless scumbug become a police officer these days.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

The cop didn't know what? That the occupants of the car were just involved in a drive by shooting?

Then what did he pull the car over for?
    Suspicious, but not sure.

Aaannddddd now he's fukt.

Good riddance.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i really don't understand alot of the protesting...

first of all, being a violent armed criminal and fleeing from the police defacto creates a very very dangerous situation. basically fleeing from the police, even if not armed or violent (police may not know this), creates a dangerous situation.

police are dealing with uncertainty and alot of fear............... people say "you shot him in the back" but was it dark? did he turn around suddenly?.......... frankly, depending on other circumstances, i could have no problem with police shooting armed and aggressive person in the back..

as i stated, the basic problem to me is police stopping, searching people with no or little cause. something the white middle class would not tolerate for one second.

i think if police and blacks sat down and talked about both scenarios (armed and dangerous perp, stop/search with little cause) they both would have a far greater understanding of the others' concerns........ i do understand that there are people on both sides who don't want to try to understand the others' perspective

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Suspicious, but not sure.

Aaannddddd now he's fukt.

Good riddance.
    It had multiple bullet holes in it. I'd say that is beyond being "suspicious"

Anyway, the police report is available and the driver of the car said that the kid in the back seat(not Antwon Rose) was the one who did the actual drive by shooting. However, 2 guns were recovered from the vehicle, a 9mm Glock under the front seat where Antwon was sitting and a .40 caliber Glock under the rear of the front seat in that back of the car that had a round in the chamber. The gun in the back matched up with the shells from the drive by shooting.

So the media can keep showing pictures of this cute kid from when he was 12 years old, but he certainly wasn't the innocent choir boy that everyone had claimed that he was.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Family will get a payday from the taxpayers bc their child was out hunting people and received justice.

Friggin lawyers...