cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

23 year old accused making fake returns at 1000 walmarts worth 1.3 million dollars

ur a bad boy thomas

http://abc7.com/man-accused-of-making-$13m-in-fake-returns-to-walmart-/3616824/

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

How in the fukk can that even happen? I've had issues returning simple shit that I actually bought at Walmart.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    How in the fukk can that even happen? I've had issues returning simple shit that I actually bought at Walmart.
    i have no idea, u would think they would take down his drivers license and keep track of this kind of thing, like hey bunch of returns raise red flags,

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Hindsight is 20/20, but he should have stopped after a few hundred grand. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20, but he should have stopped after a few hundred grand. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.
    These type of people always seem to be good at coming up with the scam but can never quite figure out when to pull the pin and be happy with what they've gotten away with already. Astonishing really.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Wow. 1000 walmarts. that's dedication.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Did he pickup receipts people threw away..get the item and return with receipt

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Did he pickup receipts people threw away..get the item and return with receipt
    Police have not provided additional details on how the alleged scheme worked

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

dude probably worked in the warehouse stole all the shit and then went back to different walmarts to return it. they probably gave him a gift card instead of cash without a receipt.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

op, thx for posting. that's very interesting..

i agree that i wouldn't think he'd get away with it for very long at all...... WM is good about returns but they usually want an actual valid reason vs. amazon that will take back anything (although getting much tougher in most ways). also, what costs that much $$$$ at wal-mart?

i remember a canadian serial killer in 1970's had a scam where he'd buy a bunch of stuff, get valid receipt, then go and steal the stuff too. when confronted with security then show the receipt. but why is someone walking around with a receipt and the exact things he bot last week? very surprised it worked.

i have often wondered in terms of buying very discounted items at say marshalls. when you go back and say you got it as an xmas gift, how do they know what the purchaser paid?... i can't imagine the gall of doing this over and over again. and in this case, it would be store credit, not cash.

people on here (me included) often underestimate how stressful basic retailing is. things like returns are such a pain in so many ways.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

op, thx for posting. that's very interesting..

i agree that i wouldn't think he'd get away with it for very long at all...... WM is good about returns but they usually want an actual valid reason vs. amazon that will take back anything (although getting much tougher in most ways). also, what costs that much $$$$ at wal-mart?

i remember a canadian serial killer in 1970's had a scam where he'd buy a bunch of stuff, get valid receipt, then go and steal the stuff too. when confronted with security then show the receipt. but why is someone walking around with a receipt and the exact things he bot last week? very surprised it worked.

i have often wondered in terms of buying very discounted items at say marshalls. when you go back and say you got it as an xmas gift, how do they know what the purchaser paid?... i can't imagine the gall of doing this over and over again. and in this case, it would be store credit, not cash.

people on here (me included) often underestimate how stressful basic retailing is. things like returns are such a pain in so many ways.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

i know you can go into a walmart buy a tv use it for 90 days then send it back, think if you were going on vacation needed some rental stuff, go buy at walmart use on ur vacation then return it

Walmart has specific guidelines for returning a TV, for an exchange or refund: TVs purchased in a Walmart store must be returned within 90 days of the date of purchase. You must have your receipt and original packaging because it is needed to process the return.
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 06-20-18 at 01:05 AM.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Ill bet his close friends are doing it at a smaller rate

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

in article says he returned a computer w missing parts, could he of been buying computers taking out the insides re sellimg those and returning in the box and the 5 dollar an hour customer service people werent giving thorough inspection

putting the over under for his sentence at 5.5 years