Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Mission BBQ is the shit.....only on East Coast right now

Big fan of Mission

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Hey bro believe it or not in San Diego theres this family restaurant and they have barbecue ribs all you can eat on Thursdays and Saturdays. these are big beef ribs not the pork but beef ribs dude, it’s the best I’ve had they are good!! So if you’re in San Diego and I’m in town I’ll treat!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

A lot of great BBQ in Houston. Pinkerton's is a must stop but my favorite is Luling's. Best quality of meats anywhere. BBQ that you don't even need sauce because it's so good. Brisket is awesome, chicken is to die for, great sausage links and the potato salad is old school. It's not cheap but worth every penny.

http://www.lulingcitymarket.com/menu/

Here's a pretty good list with a map of some good ones
    https://houston.eater.com/maps/best-...ue-restaurants

Pappa's and Rudy's are good ones too. A lot of these places are known for 1 or 2 things. Like Pappa's have a great cucumber salad, Rudy's has an excellent cream corn. Since you're here for a week, I would experiment and grab a bite at multiple places for sure. You can't go wrong with Houston BBQ.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Denny's

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Texas Roadhouse

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

If you don't mind traveling; Kreuz Market or Blacks in Lockhart Tx. Full of flavor, you dont need sauce. As good as it gets. Try the samplers. Rudy's BBQ is decent for a chain. They should be in Houston area.Ate at the one by Baylor.
    Last edited by Biff41; 06-10-18 at 09:22 PM.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

McDonald’s when they got the McRib fella

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Texas sucks at bbq, they ruin average meat by smothering it in sauce
    guy obviously knows ZERO about texas BBQ.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mpaschal34 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebumdude

Biff41

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Hey bro believe it or not in San Diego theres this family restaurant and they have barbecue ribs all you can eat on Thursdays and Saturdays. these are big beef ribs not the pork but beef ribs dude, it’s the best I’ve had they are good!! So if you’re in San Diego and I’m in town I’ll treat!

What's the name?

Biff41

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Moving from where? I was born in Dallas and loved it. No state tax and affordable housing are two economical reasons to move. Many corporations are moving here as well.
    Vacationed there. Taxes and cost of living cheap. Unusual weather sometimes.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

dallas compared to austin anyone? im a huge texas fan, maybe i might be better off in dallas since the rangers, mavs very close. if i lived in austin id be 3 hours away kinda far

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    dallas compared to austin anyone? im a huge texas fan, maybe i might be better off in dallas since the rangers, mavs very close. if i lived in austin id be 3 hours away kinda far
    I’ve lived in the Dallas area 20 yrs, so I have a pretty good feel of the area. I say area because Dallas is very diverse. Whether you live downtown, in the burbs, Arlington, FW, etc, your experience can be very different. So whatever lifestyle you like, you can probably find it in the DFW metroplex.

As for Austin, have only visited twice in the last 10 years. Used to be known for being more laid back, but my understanding it’s much more crowded now. However you should talk to someone that knows the city more than me.

One thing to note, housing in both areas isn’t what he used to be (cheap). My place has gone up 36% in the last 3 years alone. It’s still cheaper than most big cities, but it’s not the value it used to be.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    how do you guys like texas to live? and in what part? was thinking of moving there
    You and everyone else. LOL. Dallas, Austin, Houston and San Antonio are all top 10 cities people are moving to. 5,000 new people a month move into Houston. Jobs, low cost of living, good schools, good families and great acceptance of cultures/diversity is the main reason. Dallas is most like the 4 seasons, where you will get an actual winter with snow. Austin a bit warmer while SA and Houston are the hottest, very rarely ever snows. SA and Houston are very similar to Phoenix. Nice 8 months out of the year (although the air quality is nowhere near as good as Arizona) with 4 months that are very, very hot. Unfortunately, Texas hot is not a dry heat. It is a humid, stifling heat. I normally stay indoors those few months, rarely going outside except in the pool every other day. If you're outside, you're sweating. No way around it.

If I'm single, I'd prefer Austin overall. It's a very beautiful city, especially in some parts. Beautiful women, nice restaurants, college city (UT) so good college sports and a couple hours to Dallas, SA and Houston. It's in the middle of the 3 other cities. It's the closest you're going to get to California, with mountains, lakes, trails. etc. It is however getting crowded like everywhere else in Texas. It's more of a college feel and very eclectic with people that do things weird. This is where you want to be if you are younger and single.

Houston would be my top choice if you have a family. It is a HUGE city (it would take you several days to circle the city). You can find anything in this city. It has numerous cultures which means great food and great people wherever you go. You're going to see people from all over the world living here. It is a huge Oil and Gas city and getting bigger in Medical. This is where you want to be if you are in those industries. Lots of jobs available in many industries. You can get great city life if you like, great suburban family life, college life, you name it. There's a place for everything here in Houston. It's not the prettiest city. It is all concrete but the people are the friendliest.

Dallas is a more northern city feel. It has everything as well but I don't get the home family feel. It feels more cold, stand offish as the other cities. People are more into themselves but I think it depends on what part of the city you are in.

San Antonio is my least favorite. It is the least diverse, with a larger Hispanic population. It has an older city feel, not much to really do, it is very laid back. It feels more touristy for some reason as well. Good for families that like a slower pace but no way would I want to live here if I'm single.

Companies are coming into Texas in droves. A lot of tax incentives for companies here. That brings in people. Houston transportation is really getting strained. There's too many people all driving cars by themselves. Traffic is almost as bad as LA. Housing is affordable BUT they don't tell you that property taxes are crazy high. Expect to pay ~4% per year in taxes. So a $500k house is going to cost you $20k a year in taxes. That's another mortgage for most people. Sure, it's okay when you are young and working but when you retire and are no longer making an income??? The property values are going up ridiculously as well, so that tax keeps going up. My next door neighbor pays more in property taxes than he ever paid on his mortgage 30 years ago. Texas is probably not the spot to retire in as a result. Not unless you want a tiny, cheap house.

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

hard eight bbq

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

ended up going to Big Horns because of convenience. Pretty good.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

Quote Originally Posted by Ebumdude View Post
    Killen’s BBQ or Central Texas BBQ, both in Pearland, ten mins south of Houston.

First 12