Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Anyone ever been daytona beach?

Taking family to disney for a few days then goin down to stay on the beach for 4 days. Is it a nice beach? Clean and safe? It looks like we have a real nice hotel on beach but dont know surrounding areas. Is there anything fun for usbto take our 6 year old boy to do?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

The Daytona boardwalk is an American classic that looks straight out of a period movie starring Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon. Try the rides, pizza, hand-pulled taffy, arcade games and a carnival atmosphere and you're sure to win over the kids.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

A new planetarium, a collection of Coca-Cola memorabilia, vintage trains and a prehistoric ground sloth are just some of the many gems at the Museum of Arts & Sciences (MOAS). The children’s section has hands-on activities that lean local, including the chance to build your own race car. The Cuban art collection is the biggest in the country, so sneak a peek.

Splash about at Daytona Lagoon, a water park along the boardwalk with go-carts, mini golf and dozens of arcade games will thrill tots to teens. Pay-one-price and stay all day.

. Daytona Magic Shop is one of Florida’s last remaining brick and mortar magic shops. It carries a wide variety of magic tricks, novelties and jokes, and the helpful staff is happy to demonstrate.

Old Spanish Sugar Mill and Griddle House is located inside De Leon Springs State Park. Each table has a griddle in the center. The staff brings you pitchers of batter that pour directly onto the grill for do-it-yourself pancakes. After you’ve had your fill, rent a canoe, kayak or paddleboat and float on Spring Garden Run in the Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge.

Points Awarded:

Clutchut12 gave cincinnatikid513 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Clutchut12

Nice kid thanks brotha,seen pictures of the boardwalk its pretty cool huh?hows the beach?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

I haven't been there since 2001. It's not the first place I would think of to take a little kid, but there are nicer areas and activities for families. Back then you'd see a lot of mullets, missing teeth and drunkeness. Also, the police showing up was as much a cause for concern as relief. I have no idea if/how much it has changed since then.

EDIT: One trip there a friend of mine (we were teenagers) was offered a joint outside a 7-11 by some middle aged black women. He started stumbling around and hallucinating while they laughed. Back then it was funny that they slipped him PCP, but thinking back on it now it's depressingly fitting for the area at the time.
    Last edited by Ian; 06-05-18 at 04:07 PM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    Nice kid thanks brotha,seen pictures of the boardwalk its pretty cool huh?hows the beach?
    idk never been i googled lol

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    idk never been i googled lol
    Lololololololololol

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I haven't been there since 2001. It's not the first place I would think of to take a little kid, but there are nicer areas and activities for families. Back then you'd see a lot of mullets, missing teeth and drunkeness. Also the police showing up was as much a cause for concern than for relief. I have no idea if/how much it has changed since then.
    Iol i used to go to virginia beach when i was little and it was the same way, but then went back a few years ago and really enjoyed it,hopefully same in daytona

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Lived there between 1982-1988. Beware of the locals. Right after I left the Outlaws biker gang moved in. Then there was the spring break college students that were beaten to death while lounging at the pool. Students apparently saved some local girl from the local thugs. Looks like the locals are still rough there.
    Last edited by alling; 06-05-18 at 04:23 PM.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Dump
    Go to ponte vedra
    Few hours north

finfan88
    finfan88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8020

Go to St Augustine... Better place for the family..