JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Why do devote Muslims, Orthodox Jews and other extreme religions pray all day long?

You know I often think we have free will to do in life what we want so why pray all day?. Do your really think God of all religion what's us to pray all day? Stay dialed in but come on!!!

What ever happening to being productive in life and really trying to help others by getting out there in the real world, putting your stamp on it?

You can't help others if you are praying and on your knees all day going up and down like extreme Muslims do or kissing walls and in Temple constantly like the Orthodox Jews do..

I'm a Godly man but I keep it real and I just don't get this???? Frigg'n robots!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-13-19 at 09:31 PM.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Obviously you're not godly enough. Otherwise you would know praising God comes before everything else.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Obviously you're not godly enough. Otherwise you would know praising God comes before everything else.
    My GOD I have personal relationship with.. I don't need to pray all day on my knees like mindless robots..

I can't believe in any GOD that would want me to do that all day long. You're not being productive if that's what you do. Free will man, give it up to GOD but live your life!!!

Keep God in your thoughts all day long, read the bible but don't become a robot for Church, Temple or Meca 24/7..

That's how you become extreme and a danger to the rest of world, you start thinking you have all the answers and are GOD yourself.. You begin to stop helping others of different faith and begin to hate on them, you isolate with only your own extreme religious people.. Creates division in humanity.. That's how wars start.

smokenjoke
    smokenjoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Came in this thread to clown, but - I'm guilty of a 2,3,4 hour "prayer session" that like the 49ers cover, or the Milwaukee Bucks keep it under.

I guess you gotta pick your religious battles.....

Bo$$Hoggg
    Bo$$Hoggg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post

Came in this thread to clown, but - I'm guilty of a 2,3,4 hour "prayer session" that like the 49ers cover, or the Milwaukee Bucks keep it under.

I guess you gotta pick your religious battles.....
    Good point. Maybe those folks just bet on cricket.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

I’ve never been a religious man but I gotta say practicing religion sure does give you a sense of purpose and belonging. Same reason folks join gangs & get involved in all types of activity. You do it for purpose and to feel like you belong

ekrazee33
    ekrazee33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

To stay humble and appreciative of the life we always take for granted

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You know I often think we have free will to do in life what we want so why pray all day?

Religions like islam and christianity had their own versions of prayer/meditation kung fu monks do in movies.

They would spend time in prayer/meditation learning and developing numerous different techniques relating to spiritualism et al.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Who gives a shit? If they aren’t bothering anyone then to each their own. At least they aren’t posting on an Internet forum 24/7 about their daily lives.

God and all of the various bibles/Torah’s/korans are about as real as mermaids, unicorns and Bigfoot.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

All you religious penetrates destroying the world. Christians included. Happy Holidays when it comes bitch

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Who gives a shit? If they aren’t bothering anyone then to each their own. At least they aren’t posting on an Internet forum 24/7 about their daily lives.

God and all of the various bibles/Torah’s/korans are about as real as mermaids, unicorns and Bigfoot.
    Ask jibby what's more despicable: Muslims praying for 3 hours or priests molesting young boys. The answer might surprise you.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    All you religious penetrates destroying the world. Christians included. Happy Holidays when it comes bitch
    No religion is more persecuted today then Christianity and Christians. We're always being attacked the most. That's sad.. Probably the most peaceful and grounded religion today also..

The truth

- The Muslim religion in the world today promotes the most hate towards others and non believers and is causing most wars and problems in the world today.

- The extreme Jewish faith promotes some hate towards non believers and many Orthodox Jews have a God Complex of sorts and Isolate themselves. Not necessarily good for society.

- Devote Christians are cool and chill but you'll have a few that will go off the deep end and shoot up a place or become racist and do something stupid and un Godly. I won't call those nut bags Christians though..

- Buddhism and Hinduism are both pretty chill and peaceful religions.. Can't knock on those 2 faiths all that much when considering world peace..

That your religious breakdown for today boys and girls!!!..

The Muslim faith is the absolute worst threat to world peace today. Too easy to be come radical and violent in that faith. FACT...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

mermaids, unicorns and Bigfoot.
    which all existed and bigfoot may still exist

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

The only thing I pray for is for my team I bet on to cover.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

They pray our of fear...

Fear of the unknown, fear of retribution from leaders, fear of being ostracized

Religious groups have build great communities over the millennia, they have also ruined great communities.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, thats not what God intends AT ALL

That's just men controlling men for a purpose

All religions are kidnapped and infiltrated at their core by Lucifer. Money, greed, hunger for power, blackmail and lust rules over them.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

How about this fuk your religion. Love each other. Your beliefs sucks

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I
    No religion is more persecuted today then Christianity and Christians. We're always being attacked the most. That's sad.. Probably the most peaceful and grounded religion today also..

The truth

- The Muslim religion in the world today promotes the most hate towards others and non believers and is causing most wars and problems in the world today.

- The extreme Jewish faith promotes some hate towards non believers and many Orthodox Jews have a God Complex of sorts and Isolate themselves. Not necessarily good for society.

- Devote Christians are cool and chill but you'll have a few that will go off the deep end and shoot up a place or become racist and do something stupid and un Godly. I won't call those nut bags Christians though..

- Buddhism and Hinduism are both pretty chill and peaceful religions.. Can't knock on those 2 faiths all that much when considering world peace..

That your religious breakdown for today boys and girls!!!..

The Muslim faith is the absolute worst threat to world peace today. Too easy to be come radical and violent in that faith. FACT...
    Isaiah 45:7

“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

God created everything. It is up to individual free will on the way people will go and the heart that leads them to do whatever they’re wanting to do. Btw, Shiva “ the destroyer “ in hindu doesn’t seem to pleasant, neither does lighting yourself on fire as Buddhist do. Orthodox Jews gonna do what Orthodox Jews do. They’ll be grafted back in, for now they’ll remain stubborn until it’s shown what the truth really is that they failed to realize. As for “ a few Christians that go off the deep in “. Actions speak louder than words. You’ll know them by their fruits. Anyone can say they’re anything, it’s the actions that clarify what they really are. What’s up tho Jib, good seeing ya man.

And idk why they do all the repetition in prayer as if God is going to hear them for their many words. I guess through tradition in their own religious ideas would have them do it, idk. There’s many things I don’t understand with people even in Christianity, Catholics pray like 15 of Hail Marys and Our Fathers for whatever reasons .. shrugs idk
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 05-14-19 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Add

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Brainfreeze what's up buddy.. You know my entire family was raised Catholic, some how some way we all became Christians.. Everyone in my family has been blessed, no divorces, great kids excelling in life and it just blows my mind..

I came from complete darkness and was atheist to the bone.. I prayed one day and said God/Jesus if you are real show something, anything or else you are just hog wash.. BIG DOOR OPENED UP FOR ME after I really ment and prayed for that.. I saw a massive change in my older brothers life that made me think just maybe?????

I can't believe that is coincidence, I can't believe what I saw and felt in life is crap and it CAN'T be explained away by science.. I know what I know today.

THIS IS WHY I POST THESE CRAZY THREADS THAT SOME MAY THINK!! That's from the heart and spirit now.. Search and you will find!!! I'm pretty happy in life for it, I'm not a saint always, but I am truly blessed and happy today and so is my entire family..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-14-19 at 09:08 PM.

Sanity Check

You know I often think we have free will to do in life what we want so why pray all day?

Anyways Jibbby.

Know how asians have acupuncture and various forms of meditation involving chakras, kundalini, etc.

Back in the day christians and islamics had their own systems that were similar which have been lost over time. The general practice of praying or meditating has been remembered but the finer points of what people did when they prayed/meditated have been lost.

That's why you see things like this in the bible:

2 Kings 9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me what I may do for you, before I am taken from you.” Elisha said, “Please let me inherit a double share of your spirit.” 10 He responded, “You have asked a hard thing; yet, if you see me as I am being taken from you, it will be granted you; if not, it will not.” 11 As they continued walking and talking, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them, and Elijah ascended in a whirlwind into heaven.
    Through meditating and praying they had actually developed techniques to grant requests like "a double portion of one's spirit".

This is part and parcel of what people refer to when they talk about "spiritual warfare" etc.

It can also be a huge materialist trap and so perhaps people are better off forgetting such things.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

^^ Brainfreeze what's up buddy.. You know my entire family was raised Catholic, some how some way we all became Christians.. Everyone in my family has been blessed, no divorces, great kids excelling in life and it just blows my mind..

I came from complete darkness and was atheist to the bone.. I prayed one day and said God/Jesus if you are real show something, anything or else you are just hog wash.. BIG DOOR OPENED UP FOR ME after I really ment and prayed for that.. I saw a massive change in my older brothers life that made me think just maybe?????

I can't believe that is coincidence, I can't believe what I saw and felt in life is crap and it CAN'T be explained away by science.. I know what I know today.

THIS IS WHY I POST THESE CRAZY THREADS THAT SOME MAY THINK!! That's from the heart and spirit now.. Search and you will find!!! I'm pretty happy in life for it, I'm not a saint always, but I am truly blessed and happy today and so is my entire family..
    Doing pretty good bro. I can’t complain to much. I’m glad you and your fam doing good!! I’m not saying Catholics aren’t going to heaven. I think many who just simply call on Jesus and mean it will. I just know there’s different levels of motive unaccounted for, that’s for another discussion.

I remember you talking about that apartment or something .. you felt a bad presence.

its good man, glad you make these threads here and there... peak people’s interest, it is what matters at the end of the day. You’re doing a good thing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Doing pretty good bro. I can’t complain to much. I’m glad you and your fam doing good!! I’m not saying Catholics aren’t going to heaven. I think many who just simply call on Jesus and mean it will. I just know there’s different levels of motive unaccounted for, that’s for another discussion.

I remember you talking about that apartment or something .. you felt a bad presence.

its good man, glad you make these threads here and there... peak people’s interest, it is what matters at the end of the day. You’re doing a good thing.
    No that wasn't an apartment I posted about a few years ago, that was a property I bought that was a house/lot in West LA, California right after the Rodney King and LA riots in the 90's. Many properties surrounding the one I bought were set on fire. I bought it cheap and it was bank owned for 93 grand at the time.. Worth 2 million today. It was a house and huge dirt lot in front of it..

I bought this thinking this would make a great car lot dealership which it was in the end.. However, I had the house occupied by a Satanic church or worshipers when I first bought it, junk broken down cars everywhere also. It was a dump!!!

The eviction I started during escrow and I got them out in a few months after closing.. Got in and I saw tin foiled up windows, blood red carpet with candle burns every where, pentagrams on the walls, alters, animal bones, etc..

Keep in mind I was a new Christian searching at the time and was like WTF???? I realized it was a test after..

So I started to rehab this house into an office structure immediately, minute we started work I and others could feel such an evil presence inside this property!!! It made your hair stand on end especially at night.. Workers couldn't take it at night and left before dark..

Just one worker and myself stayed at night and it was a test.. I was scared. No lie.. Some kind of portal or beast was there.. Could feel it, heard growling. It just took everything to stay in there.. Felt like I was gonna die..

Anyways, battled it, removed the carpet, completed the rehab. Prayed over it all and it's been the best property I owned to date.. Just a blessing!!! Something did lift when it was all over.. You could feel it too..

I know this all sounds crazy to most but I swear it's all true. JIBS ain't lying about this stuff to look cool. I promise!! You couldn't see anything but you could feel something for sure and it was PURE EVIL. It rocked my world.. Keep in mind this was at a time when I was praying to LORD to show me something.. Oh did he EVER!!!! I was never gonna be an ATHEIST again after that, I knew for sure then..

That was one of the most profound spiritual experiences in my life still to this date.. I've seen other crap that would blow your hair back also.. Ghostly realm is real.. That's all I have to say about that..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-14-19 at 11:40 PM.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Anyways Jibbby.

Know how asians have acupuncture and various forms of meditation involving chakras, kundalini, etc.

Back in the day christians and islamics had their own systems that were similar which have been lost over time. The general practice of praying or meditating has been remembered but the finer points of what people did when they prayed/meditated have been lost.

That's why you see things like this in the bible:

Through meditating and praying they had actually developed techniques to grant requests like "a double portion of one's spirit".

This is part and parcel of what people refer to when they talk about "spiritual warfare" etc.

It can also be a huge materialist trap and so perhaps people are better off forgetting such things.

This has nothing to do with spiritual warfare. Not to get on you or anything, just saying.

Also, Elijah’s different in general (only man to never taste death) in that life anyway. So when speaking on scripture of this uniqueness context is important.

As for chakras and things, idk... not biblical tho. Bible just says have faith and pray, mean what you say. Pretty simple. Miracles happen everyday, unannounced. No need for orbs and chakras or deep meditation. Deep prayer is good tho.

Sanity Check

This has nothing to do with spiritual warfare. Not to get on you or anything, just saying.

Also, Elijah’s different in general (only man to never taste death) in that life anyway. So when speaking on scripture of this uniqueness context is important.

As for chakras and things, idk... not biblical tho. Bible just says have faith and pray, mean what you say. Pretty simple. Miracles happen everyday, unannounced. No need for orbs and chakras or deep meditation. Deep prayer is good tho.
    Think of it this way.

Jesus was 24 / 7 meditating and praying in a desert for years. What do you think He was doing during this time? Based on this simple observation one might infer that there was indeed some system of christian meditation/prayer involved. We have the general narrative what we lack are specifics which have been lost in the annals of time.

If you read the bible, there is a lot of evidence to support this. That's all I'm going to say. People wouldn't get the references as they do not know what to look for. But there are many parallels.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I think it has something to do with inbreeding

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Think of it this way.

Jesus was 24 / 7 meditating and praying in a desert for years. What do you think He was doing during this time? Based on this simple observation one might infer that there was indeed some system of christian meditation/prayer involved. We have the general narrative what we lack are specifics which have been lost in the annals of time.

If you read the bible, there is a lot of evidence to support this. That's all I'm going to say. People wouldn't get the references as they do not know what to look for. But there are many parallels.
    That was Moses in a desert for 40 years. Jesus spent 40 days in a desert. Yes, He was fasting and praying. Getting further away from flesh and closer to the Spirit He embodied. Just so happens at this point, closest to Spirit. He was approached by satan. Prayer and meditation is two different things btw. He was not without thought, He was with.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

That was Moses in a desert for 40 years. Jesus spent 40 days in a desert. Yes, He was fasting and praying. Getting further away from flesh and closer to the Spirit He embodied. Just so happens at this point, closest to Spirit. He was approached by satan. Prayer and meditation is two different things btw. He was not without thought, He was with.

In the bible there are many supernatural practices like "speaking in tongues" which Jesus' followers were able to do. There are many today who claim to be able to do this but in my opinion none of them can. Its because there was some type of meditation based element to learning how to do it that has been lost over time.

Fasting and meditation alone are known to have health benefits if one does them properly. But there are other parallels where in the past, people have tried to rely less on the energy they get from food and have tried to increase the amount of energy they can absorb and harness from the universe. If you read about historical figures fasting for prolonged periods of time, that could be what they were doing. Practicing a chakra based form of meditation where they fast and try to absorb enough energy from the universe to sustain themselves.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

In the bible there are many supernatural practices like "speaking in tongues" which Jesus' followers were able to do. There are many today who claim to be able to do this but in my opinion none of them can. Its because there was some type of meditation based element to learning how to do it that has been lost over time.

Fasting and meditation alone are known to have health benefits if one does them properly. But there are other parallels where in the past, people have tried to rely less on the energy they get from food and have tried to increase the amount of energy they can absorb and harness from the universe. If you read about historical figures fasting for prolonged periods of time, that could be what they were doing. Practicing a chakra based form of meditation where they fast and try to absorb enough energy from the universe to sustain themselves.
    Speaking in tongues is a gift, a gift of the Spirit. It isn’t “ just learned “ through meditation or anything else and yes some can exercise this gift well. It happens today. Has nothing to do with meditation, has to do with Holy Spirit. They were speaking in different languages when “ the tongues of fire/Holy Spirit was upon them. It was a native tongue to foreigners.

Health benefits from meditation? How about a walk and eating properly. As for fasting, I just went over that, it’s a way to deny the flesh and focus on being closer to God. They/Christians do it for God, it takes control, and will, it shows love and sacrificing comforts of the flesh. Periodically is a good thing to do. I wish I’d focus on it more here and there myself.

As as for this chakra and meditation mixing with Jesus... sounds like something new age to me. Where’s antfather, he’d probably like all this... idk, but you’re wrong, keep searching. I’m going to bed. Have a good night/day.

Sanity Check

Speaking in tongues is a gift, a gift of the Spirit. It isn’t “ just learned “ through meditation or anything else and yes some can exercise this gift well. It happens today. Has nothing to do with meditation, has to do with Holy Spirit. They were speaking in different languages when “ the tongues of fire/Holy Spirit was upon them. It was a native tongue to foreigners.

Health benefits from meditation? How about a walk and eating properly. As for fasting, I just went over that, it’s a way to deny the flesh and focus on being closer to God. They/Christians do it for God, it takes control, and will, it shows love and sacrificing comforts of the flesh. Periodically is a good thing to do. I wish I’d focus on it more here and there myself.

As as for this chakra and meditation mixing with Jesus... sounds like something new age to me. Where’s antfather, he’d probably like all this... idk, but you’re wrong, keep searching. I’m going to bed. Have a good night/day.

The gift of tongues means having foreigners who speak a different language understand you. It was a method utilized to communicate more effectively. To empower missionaries to travel to foreign countries and spread the gospel without using a translator. It had a purpose and utility behind it.

What is described in the bible is completely different from what you see today with christians claiming to have the "gift of tongues" where there doesn't seem to be any real purpose or use for it.

That's not the only thing that has been lost. Remember when Jesus walks on water, Peter does it also. This could mean there was some type of method or technique to doing it that might be learned and passed on via instruction.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Their religion commands them to do it. OP knows better because his story is real.

Crazy and silly beliefs, but the idea that the OP is concerned what others do with their fairy tale vs his is laughable.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

The gift of tongues means having foreigners who speak a different language understand you. It was a method utilized to communicate more effectively. To empower missionaries to travel to foreign countries and spread the gospel without using a translator. It had a purpose and utility behind it.

What is described in the bible is completely different from what you see today with christians claiming to have the "gift of tongues" where there doesn't seem to be any real purpose or use for it.

That's not the only thing that has been lost. Remember when Jesus walks on water, Peter does it also. This could mean there was some type of method or technique to doing it that might be learned and passed on via instruction.
    I'm pretty sure I read that Jesus offered free "walk on water" lessons at the YMCA on weekends
    Then on Tuesday nights he started the 1st "how to make a million dollars in real estate with no money down" seminars

True story

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Well if you read the book of Genesis with the beginning of Adam and Eve, Noah everyone lived around 800 to 900 years of age to create a human population.. Yes there had to be inbreeding back then to create man kind but today it's different.. Life expectancy is 80 years and it should probably be less since we are over populating the world.

It kinda makes sense when you read Genesis book 1 of the bible.. That would be cool to live 900 years though back in the day....

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    which all existed and bigfoot may still exist
    Our resident Alex Jones has spoken.

The bible is the #1 selling fiction book of all time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Our resident Alex Jones has spoken.

The bible is the #1 selling fiction book of all time.
    We'll see about that when we die Grits.. Long lasting bible for man kind. Stood the test of time for a reason.. Longer then any other religions.. Islam was after Christianity, etc..

Those were man made and all twisted after... Just like Jehoval witness, Mormon and all that other crap.. You want the word of God KING JAMES BIBLE buddy..

Most don't have the time or patience to read it but they should.. MASSIVE WISDOM in it!! Proverbs especially.

This is Christianity and you don't have to pray and kneel and bow down all day long.. Break out in SONG!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-15-19 at 10:33 PM.

12 Last