ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Would our tough-smart president be dumb.....

enough to "insist" to Comey, "let Flynn off the hook?" Or, maybe, another way of speaking to Comey, " take it easy on Flynn?"

My intuition believes this tough and experienced bargaining-wizard, president, would never risk a demand such as that.
    More likely, he "suggested" to Comey, "take it easy of Flynn?" Or, the better and most logical fit; merely "asked" Comey, " if he could go easy on Flynn?"

* Hey, and don't forget, he is in a room full of political figures at this time and had never shaken hands with Comey before this?

Nope, not guilty, because this very smart man would not be fool enough to insist on this nonsense.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Trump was naive enough to think that the fbi and dept of justice were supposed to be in line with his agenda and to have his back in all matters such as the "russia investigation", thinking of those entities as his administration's "team" to get things accomplished, and under his control and direction....

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Trump was naive enough to think that the fbi and dept of justice were supposed to be in line with his agenda and to have his back in all matters such as the "russia investigation", thinking of those entities as his administration's "team" to get things accomplished, and under his control and direction....
    That's likely true.