nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Question about apartment living etc

I'm in South carolina..not getting approved for lease in business name. Where i was last place I was approved...now they say no credit etc. Where i am no rents of ant kind except apartments. What's the options..

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    I'm in South carolina..not getting approved for lease in business name. Where i was last place I was approved...now they say no credit etc. Where i am no rents of ant kind except apartments. What's the options..
    Trying to understand your situation and your question.

In a situation in which you can't get a lease because of credit... some landlords will accept a deal if you put up your first month's rent and security deposit upfront.

Any extra security.... the landlord's eyes always lights up. If you don't have access to this kind of money... you don't really have any options.

Even if you have a sh#$ score like a 525 or less.... landlords love money upfront. They will approve you.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1500

Buy a tent and camp in the woods. Take showers and change at the YMCA. Consider a few english classes. Good luck.....

nyplayer33

Air b n b. 35.00 night..

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

MoneyShot is right.

Money (cash) talks and bullshit walks.

It can be a bit tougher if the rental you seek is managed by a conglomerate or a huge company without the human touch to see the bright green cash up front.

Good Luck player.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1500

do you have a family member that would co-sign the lease with you? Look into some craigslist deals where people are renting a room or cottage on their property. Have two months rent upfront and don't be late if you can help it and don't lie if you can't. Be upfront about when you will get your next paycheck and be able to pay etc if its an issue. If your credit is poop renting from a legit property manager may be a hassle without someone cosigning depending on how vacant said building is.....

nyplayer33

Appreciate the 411. Last post was correct..lots of corporate owned apt complexes here..ALOT. air b nb will be last tedort..the price is same as apt..but likely on the move every few days. I rented my current apt..thru my business LLC..must of gotten lucky..now I can't. Friend will co sign today.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Money (cash) talks and bullshit walks.
    depends where... you know that's a dangerous proposition for a landlord
    just to be focused on cash - lots of drug money and felons out there.
    Background, References and Income check is de-facto for any landlord
    regardless of the credit check unless it's a buddy deal.
    I've had places destroyed and even a murder take place in houses.
    One guy we sold house to is in jail right now for moving 1.5 million in marijuana.

Background, References, Income then Credit last (least important)
    but yeah, if they are corporate pigs, credit is primary to them.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I agree Snowy, but when all the checks are said and done, if it's a credit issue, that extra month or beefed up security deposit talks very loud. It's insurance against the credit issue. Like TMS was saying.

When I mentioned bright green cash, a cashier's check will do. It doesn't actually have to be a stack of cash, like a shady situation.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

show bank statement ad 3 months up front

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Yep. I short sold my condo and moved into an apartment without problem. Mostly because in Vegas, they understand this, and a bad credit score due to a short sale doesn't mean you're gonna have a hard time paying, but not everyone understands this. But I also gave them the deposit + 3 mo rent in cash upfront. Cash is also a common thing in Vegas, in South Carolina they might think you're a drug dealer, so give it to them in check form if you can.

nyplayer33

Unfortunately...the majority of apartments are corporate owned. They didn't come back with anything other then denial. I'll just build up business credit..my friend co signed.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11018

What is your budget to pay for 1 month of rent? $250 - $1600?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    But I also gave them the deposit + 3 mo rent in cash upfront. Cash is also a common thing in Vegas, in South Carolina they might think you're a drug dealer, so give it to them in check form if you can.
    Great post. This is exactly what you needed to do.

Some people don't understand... if you need a place... and ask the right questions... landlords will listen. Money talks.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3734

DO NOT give your hard earned money away to these CORPORATE FUKKS who run these Ant Farms.

Find a private small business owner who will rent you a REAL privately owned residence.

And you will live a better life... TRUTH.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30722

Make fake paycheck stubs... too easy (plenty of websites to do that on). Increase your salary by 10X on the stubs.

You of course better have the income in your bank account to prove it. Surly you do because you are a pro gambler, right?

It's all easy peazy after that.

Oh, and you better have good rental references.