pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Debating a move to mass...my work would primarily be in Boston area was wondering if any posters lived in this area...or say close enough...I don't mind driving a hour or 2 to commute everyday...affordable suburbs would be ideal....if anyone has any idea on citites that would be cool.
    Last edited by pilebuck13; 08-25-17 at 09:41 PM.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11878

DAmn. 2 hour commute. That sounds rough.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20565

I always assumed Mass was a high tax state. But doing a little Googling shows that they are a little below average. Unless I did something wrong.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

i have been in Boston the last three weeks...pass as it is illegal to have happy hours and drink specials in Mass

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1460

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    i have been in Boston the last three weeks...pass as it is illegal to have happy hours and drink specials in Mass
    I wouldn't live there if u paid me and I'm sorry that accent is horrendous

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Pak the caa and go to the baa

i met this wicked smaat girl at the maaket

no "r" in the Boston alphabet

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47605

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    agree

stay on the west coast

pilebuck13

Thanks men

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33546

I live in Massachusetts and definitely recommend it. Finding an affordable place in metro Boston will probably be your toughest challenge, but wages are so high and there's so much to do here that it's worth putting up with.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I live in Massachusetts and definitely recommend it. Finding an affordable place in metro Boston will probably be your toughest challenge, but wages are so high and there's so much to do here that it's worth putting up with.
    See that's the thing bro not looking to live anywhere near the city just the suburbs I already commute 2 hours now I'm used to it.....any good suburbs you would recommend

JAKEPEAVY21

when and why did you leave Vegas?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    when and why did you leave Vegas?
    A relative became sick and needed a caregiver. I miss Vegas, but family comes first and in most ways Boston > Vegas anyway.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    See that's the thing bro not looking to live anywhere near the city just the suburbs I already commute 2 hours now I'm used to it.....any good suburbs you would recommend
    North of the city Newburyport, Salem, Gloucester, and Marblehead are all cool suburbs/small cities on the ocean and within 2 hours drive from Boston. Newton is a great suburb and would be the shortest commute, but also the most expensive.

I'm not as familiar with the south shore, but those towns/cities tend to be cheaper and more rough around the edges.
    Points Awarded:

pilebuck13 gave Ian 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Northeast best place to live. West coast is all fruit loop queers. South is all dumb rednecks and Midwest is all boring rednecks.

JAKEPEAVY21

A relative became sick and needed a caregiver. I miss Vegas, but family comes first and in most ways Boston > Vegas anyway.
    right on, hopefully the relative gets better

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

You will instantly become 10% smarter and 30% tougher.

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colleges are good there as far as smart elite people go. But its too liberal and people think because they heard something from a professor or read it in a book and have a degree it makes them smart. Usually all common sense goes out the window.Also just because you make a high salary does not make it worth it. It depends on the laws,taxes,weather,real estate prices,schools and most important jobs. Some of the better places to live in the u.s. have major universities there think austin texas home of university of texas or Columbus ohio home of OSU.

Capitols44

I always thought it would be nice to visit the real cheers bar based on the tv show in boston.Also the sports teams are great there.

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

Massachusetts sucks. Unless you live right outside Boston your commute will be well over an hour either by car or train. The weather sucks always cold and people are rude and unfriendly. They also tax us to death here . The only thing good is the schools and the seafood is awesome. I lived her my whole life and if it weren't for my kids I would probably move.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by Jnas View Post
    Massachusetts sucks. Unless you live right outside Boston your commute will be well over an hour either by car or train. The weather sucks always cold and people are rude and unfriendly. They also tax us to death here . The only thing good is the schools and the seafood is awesome. I lived her my whole life and if it weren't for my kids I would probably move.
    I already commute well over a hour but the weather was something I didn't seriously consider

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Northeast best place to live. West coast is all fruit loop queers. South is all dumb rednecks and Midwest is all boring rednecks.
    Excuse me the midwest is far from boring red necks. I dont consider having one of the best college football programs OSU always in the running for the national championship boring. Or try growing up in Detroit michigan you may consider its living life on the edge but definitely not boring or redneck. Another great place midwest chicago.
    Last edited by Capitols44; 08-26-17 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Misspell

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by Jnas View Post
    Funny you could say the same things about new york except for the schools.
    Last edited by Capitols44; 08-26-17 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Misspell

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

pussies......

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Your gonna get a good tongue lashing from a moderator here named: 'Optional' (Yes, OPTIONAL) for using a derogatory word in reference to homosexuals, just sayin'.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57601

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    I always thought it would be nice to visit the real cheers bar based on the tv show in boston.Also the sports teams are great there.
    Don't be a damn bandwagonner! Midwest is the place to be in spite of the weather.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Buddy of mine lives in New Hampshire, which is like all suburbs now, and commutes into Boston a lot by train. Loves it.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Good luck pal

Seattle is great but it's hard to justify continuing to live here. We just moved to Yarrow Point in Bellevue and hopefully we can stay here until I get vested in the state pension, then we're out of here. Too expensive, too crowded, too liberal

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Your gonna get a good tongue lashing from a moderator here named: 'Optional' (Yes, OPTIONAL) for using a derogatory word in reference to homosexuals, just sayin'.
    Why do you assume I was referencing homosexuals?

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    Excuse me the midwest is far from boring red necks. I dont consider having one of the best college football programs OSU always in the running for the national championship boring. Or try growing up in Detroit michigan you may consider its living life on the edge but definitely not boring or redneck. Another great place midwest chicago.
    I have been to Columbus even been to an Ohio State football game. Both very boring just like the whole Midwest. Everything too slow there. Not as bad as the dirty south though. I will give you that.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Boston run by communists and legislature has been notorious for its criminal element.

Working class Whites....stay away

Members of the morally self-righteous elite.....come on down.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    The derogation of homosexuals is a felony.

The derogation of Whites (rednecks)....gets you to the top of the class.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7328

Growing up in the Greater NYC area, there is a certain element of rivalry between Boston and New York. Went to Salem, MA last year, certainly would consider moving to that area. Fall is beautiful, its close to Boston, the people were nice. Never really been to the west coast, so I can't compare, but it is a nice area.

Northeasterns get a bad rep, but people aren't out right hostile. They are just less outgoing and more suspicious of strangers. People are surprised when they move here that the neighbors don't show up with baked goods. They are then happy that their neighbors leave them alone, and don't involve them with bullshit.

Capitols44

I have been to Columbus even been to an Ohio State football game. Both very boring just like the whole Midwest. Everything too slow there. Not as bad as the dirty south though. I will give you that.
    yeah for sure i understand you wanna live where someones out to take advantage of you and is a fast talker. you could not handle any rural area at all. Try going to Alaska or Montana if you think Columbus ohio is to slow.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Northeasterns get a bad rep, but people aren't out right hostile. They are just less outgoing and more suspicious of strangers. People are surprised when they move here that the neighbors don't show up with baked goods. They are then happy that their neighbors leave them alone, and don't involve them with bullshit.
    This is the same in residential Las Vegas. I love not knowing my neighbors that well. The last thing I want is to be involved with their lives, and have them poking around mine. Everybody's cool and all, but a smile and a wave is as far as we go.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32424

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    There's plenty of after hour joints, if you like spending 12 bucks for a drink.
    Speaking of joints, pot is legal there now.
    Another thing about Boston, last call is to damn early.

Taxes are fairly high, not as high as people make it out to be, I'm in Connecticut, that's where the tax robbery is.
    I'm taxed on everything.

12 Last