Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Out of the Box Thinking by the City of H-town....

finally our Lesbian-led city has come up with a relatively economical plan to deal with the city's ever-increasing homeless population.....

while most of my think'n can be classfied as "in the box" or at least somehow "box-related" -- (tho having nothing to do with what comes to mind when people use the phase "think outside the box") -- this is some "outside the box" thinking by our esteemed city leaders.....

no, not houses for them.... nor hosing them down with fire trucks.... no mental health facilities..... No, I'm proud to say H-town is now offering all homeless people a free bus ticket to anywhere they want to go in the US....

I figure most will be headed to the west coast.....

hell, JJ, if you coulda stuck it out just a while longer on that dude ranch you were pickin' up shit with twigs at, you could've gotten a free ride to Vegas.....

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

A lot of big cities have been doing that. They just keep moving them around. Apparently these homeless people get to travel a lot for free. I'm jealous.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    A lot of big cities have been doing that. They just keep moving them around. Apparently these homeless people get to travel a lot for free. I'm jealous.
    it's becoming clearer to me how JJ keeps poppin up all over the country

OldschoolGambler
    OldschoolGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a shame they won't go back to New Orleans, but much like the refugee crisis, H Town did invite them in.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Fukk, with summer on the way, it's a lock 25% of them end up here in Seattle

Assuming an IQ above 70

Auto Donk

ah yes, brooksy....

reminds me of back in the days of my early law practice, in Austin, a homeless friendly city, of the early morning walk to the courthouse, the sweet smell of homeless guy urine wafting through the air, the piles of shit where some homeless fuk thought "this looks like a good place to drop the Cosbies", and the broken empty booze bottles littered around.....

unlike the smell of napalm in the morning, downtown Austin streets did not smell like "Victory"

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    ah yes, brooksy....

reminds me of back in the days of my early law practice, in Austin, a homeless friendly city, of the early morning walk to the courthouse, the sweet smell of homeless guy urine wafting through the air, the piles of shit where some homeless fuk thought "this looks like a good place to drop the Cosbies", and the broken empty booze bottles littered around.....

unlike the smell of napalm in the morning, downtown Austin streets did not smell like "Victory"
    Austin has gotten weirder and weirder in the past 5 years.

I like how San Diego is doing it, installing sharp rocks under bypasses where homeless gather to sleep. They said it was coincidence but its an ingenious way to move them along and have them go elsewhere.

Auto Donk

If I was mayor of f'n austin, there would be suddenly, inexplicably, huge f'n rattlesnake dens under all over passes and all along town lake....