Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Coachella for Generation X

Announced lineup

Friday: Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan
    Saturday: Paul McCartney and Neil Young
    Sunday: Roger Waters and The Who

Very cool.

Not GenX though. I'm GenX, we're the first Lollapalooza generation. Not sure what the one above us is. This might be more geared to folks even older than that.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Very cool.

Not GenX though. I'm GenX, we're the first Lollapalooza generation. Not sure what the one above us is. This might be more geared to folks even older than that.
    technically Gen X 1960s to early 80s but I should have said it was for baby boomers. I read it was Oldchella which isn't inaccurate. Average age is 71.7 lol

I was thinking about going but now not so much.

Actually I could go with a bunch of Trump gear on then put it on youtube for some money... hmm
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-04-16 at 09:45 AM.

brooks85

I got tickets but now I'm going to sell them. Demand was so high that right before tickets went on sale they announced the concert was expanding to two weekends and expected gross for both weekends is over $150m.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Personally I love the lineup. I've seen Dylan a number of times, and it's always just average. I caught the Stones last year and they put on a great concert. It would be nice to see McCartney and Waters before they hang it up.

brooks85

You, me and everyone else it seems. My window to go closed, airbnb and hotels were still cheap and available the night I made this thread. The following morning news started spreading and prices just don't make the trip worth it for me. But, the lineup is legendary and if a bunch of 70 year-old rockers can generate over 150million that is a good sign for the future of doing these mega concerts.

It is like the big mega superhero movies, they cost a fortune to make but the people will buy more of it. It would be amazing to see the same big concerts with different bands from 90s and it would seem likely now.
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-12-16 at 07:01 PM.