Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

Unbelievable, Ditka removed from NFL Countdown for endorsing Trump

Mike Ditka endorsed Trump and said Obama was ineffective, so he lost his job on ESPNs
    NFL Countdown, has political correctness gone too far? ESPN fired Hank Jr for disapproving of Obama , what happened to freedom of speech in America?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I posted this thread already

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

this thread

so did I

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

Did you mention Hank Jr getting the axe for stating his opinion? Do you see a connection? Espn's pattern of firing/ demoting someone who states their opinion is gross.

Oli_Renaud91
    Oli_Renaud91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 345

Land of the free. Home of the Braves

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

I will admit you eat me to the punch with this thread.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

How was freedom of speech violated.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    How was freedom of speech violated.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

Hank Jr said Obama was a lousy president, so did Mike , they both got shit canned by ESPN

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

It's in vogue to ridicule the republicans at every opportunity, but criticize Barack Hussain and there will be "Hell to Pay"

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Absolutely sickening

I hope Ditka sues ESPN

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    Hank Jr said Obama was a lousy president, so did Mike , they both got shit canned by ESPN
    Nobody jailed, dont know why people go down this slippery slope when time and again they see things others do and yet they go down that slippery slope knowing nothing good can come from it.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-10-16 at 04:50 AM.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Nobody jailed, dont know why people go down this slippery slope when time and again they see things others do and yet they go down that slippery slope knowing nothing good can come from it.
    If government is going to enforce civil rights and make Christian bakeries bake a gay cake than they should also enforce freedom of speech given it is a fundamental right.

Why am I not surprised that you're advocating for anarcho tyranny, you're probably one of those left libertarian cucks who try to sell progressives on libertarianism because its easier to stamp out hate.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    If government is going to enforce civil rights and make Christian bakeries bake a gay cake than they should also enforce freedom of speech given it is a fundamental right.

Why am I not surprised that you're advocating for anarcho tyranny, you're probably one of those left libertarian cucks who try to sell progressives on libertarianism because its easier to stamp out hate.
    You have me pegged wrong then, Im only playing their game, this is made light of because of who is in office right now. There have been people fired for speaking out against Bush, the wars, his policies, youd be hard pressed to find a thread about it though. Those employees have been briefed well enough Im sure to know what is preferred not to be openly talked about from their employees they have no one to blame but themselves. At least he's not having people locked up for such, thats happened in some countries and worse and I can see your boy orange hair headed down that path.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-10-16 at 06:38 AM.

Dr.Gonzo

You have me pegged wrong then, Im only playing their game, this is made light of because of who is in office right now. There have been people fired for speaking out against Bush, the wars, his policies, youd be hard pressed to find a thread about it though. Those employees have been briefed well enough Im sure to know what is preferred not to be openly talked about from their employees they have no one to blame but themselves. At least he's not having people locked up for such, thats happened in some countries and worse and I can see your boy orange hair headed down that path.
    Look at what the EU foot soldiers are doing in Europe to silence dissent and you're worried about Trump? I know that you are aware of the progressive agenda to push hate speech laws so your opinion is bizare. I trust Trump on this a thousand times more than Hillary and if Trump happened to go after a groups speech it would be the cultural marxist scum.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Freedom of speech and the first amendment protects people from laws and the government. It does not prevent you from being fired from a private company. ESPN and Disney is out to run a profitable business, not alienate viewers with political endorsements.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Freedom of speech and the first amendment protects people from laws and the government. It does not prevent you from being fired from a private company. ESPN and Disney is out to run a profitable business, not alienate viewers with political endorsements.
    Either private property trumps civil rights or it doesn't.

If I don't want my business to be associated with degenerate transsexuals why can't I fire one for promoting said degeneracy?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

reminds me of when I was just a young pup..... boss wanted me to eat her sour pussy.....

sure, I could've said, "Get yo nasty sour pussy out my office, skank," (ie, exercised my free speech rights, but Ida lost my damn job.....)

if you work for espn, and wanna continue working for them, u gotta play their game....... say what you want, you might get fired.... that's their prerogative, just like it is your's to flap your gums.....

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

I stopped watching ESPN a long time ago

..and my life is better off

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

DonkMuhammad, what if Mike endorsed that ugly lesbo? Would espnazi let him go too?

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Ditka had his chance to run against him and it didn't work out. Lost then and lost now.

I stopped watching that show a long time ago. Ditka is funny but clueless about what is going on these days and the rest of the cast are dumb jocks. Was a really good show long time ago. They should can the whole thing.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Don't forget Rush Limbaugh got canned from the same show. Rs and football don't mix.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    DonkMuhammad, what if Mike endorsed that ugly lesbo? Would espnazi let him go too?
    he'd have his own show already......