worldman
    worldman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

how much do i exercise to lose weight

I went for a run last night and i really didnt like it. I felt sick after it was over. But i need to lose some weight im getting pretty fat. Is 2 times a week for 30 minutes enough?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Nope. At the very least, 20 minutes a day.

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Depends on your calorie intake.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

Run 30 times a week for 2 minutes....you can say you run 4-5 times a day.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Take stairs and have sex

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

use an elliptical, watch game or shows, 20-30 minutes goes fast, none weight bearing so less pounding on body ........... pool, laps ...etc.. is a great non weight bearing exercise also if you like water

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

You need a 500 calorie deficit each day (based on the # of calories you need to maintain your current weight) to drop one pound a week. So if you want to lose 2 pounds/a week you need to cut 1000 calories a day (food+workout etc). Anything more than that is too much and it wont stick. People who lose (or say they lost) 25 pounds in a month aren't doing it the healthy way.

I had to lose 60 lbs prior to knee surgery years back. Worked my ass off to do it and it took between 12-18 months can't recall exactly.

worldman
    worldman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

i guess that makes sense. more about how much i eat. i just really didnt enjoy jogging. every step hurt more then that last

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

yea well fukkin exercising is least of your concerns

stop eating shit and count calories

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by worldman View Post
    i guess that makes sense. more about how much i eat. i just really didnt enjoy jogging. every step hurt more then that last
    Just start. Anywhere. Walk on treadmill. Use the elliptical. Motion creates emotion.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You need to jerk off 10 times a day to lose weight. Ask jjgold. He knows.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by worldman View Post
    I went for a run last night and i really didnt like it. I felt sick after it was over. But i need to lose some weight im getting pretty fat. Is 2 times a week for 30 minutes enough?
    It all depends on your calorie intake, size, what you're drinking, etc.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    You need a 500 calorie deficit each day (based on the # of calories you need to maintain your current weight) to drop one pound a week. So if you want to lose 2 pounds/a week you need to cut 1000 calories a day (food+workout etc). Anything more than that is too much and it wont stick. People who lose (or say they lost) 25 pounds in a month aren't doing it the healthy way.

I had to lose 60 lbs prior to knee surgery years back. Worked my ass off to do it and it took between 12-18 months can't recall exactly.
    good post...there are good apps out there that tracks calorie intake and daily exercise. Start off by plugging your in age and height. Then it will let you know your daily calorie allowance. Then going forward, cut 500 calories a day from that or to maintain just match it.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I'd say the only thing to add other the calorie intake being the most important consideration is to get some kind of video like p90x. Humans work better under direction so just turn off your brain and do the videos because first couple weeks are usually the toughest to push through. Rigidity from any of the workout videos helps a lot to deal with that. Or at least plot out your routine. Just planning on going on a run or just randomly working out muscles generally isn't going to get you motivated to keep going.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I'd say the only thing to add other the calorie intake being the most important consideration is to get some kind of video like p90x. Humans work better under direction so just turn off your brain and do the videos because first couple weeks are usually the toughest to push through. Rigidity from any of the workout videos helps a lot to deal with that. Or at least plot out your routine. Just planning on going on a run or just randomly working out muscles generally isn't going to get you motivated to keep going.
    I agree...getting your sorry ass of the couch routine is the hardest part. Those that actually work for a fukking living (not many anymore) is the hardest for these individuals. Simply as you are unmotivated when you get off work. Suggestion would be to get up early and do it before work!

Birdman557
    Birdman557's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

If you are over 250, eating junk food at least 2+ times a week, drink soda - just give up, nothing will help you unfortunately.