PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Prevent Nursing Home Abuse

One way to do so is to talk to your siblings/families to be PREPARED, and IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, Keep your Parents/Loved ones OUT of and far away from a nursing home.

I do understand that to do so is not always possible.

Especially for your Mothers men, keep them the fukk out of those hell holes. I did, but because my family is EDUCATED white trash, and I am just a tractor trailer driver (temp retired), they actually SHAMED me for bringing my Mother home where she would be safe, cared for, LOVED.

My Mother was laid to rest one year ago today, St Valentine`s Day. She passed away while I was holding her hand while lightly massaging her neck and shoulders. I am the luckiest man on earth! very sad right now, but very lucky

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Unfortunately we all go..I hope you had fulfillment in the yrs she was around. Iost st my mom age 50..her age

PittsburghPlayer

I would like to expand on EDUCATED WHITE TRASH. . . in case it is not clear,
    I meant my siblings....... NOT my Mother of course.......(sure they inherited it from my father, go to college, earn advanced degrees, be NICE TO OUTSIDERS and sometimes treat your family like shit. I am just the opposite, I treated family well and was, or still am sometimes douche to outsiders, only have an Associates)

also to be clear, she passed AT HOME, exactly where my fat American ass is sitting... very lucky...

it is pushing 4 : 20 am... hmmm, I wonder what I should do now?
    Suggest a look at Boston College plus the points today? OK !
    Maybe I`ll get ready to get high too !!

Understood NYPlayer... Nice to see Ya man and I am sorry you lost your Mother at a young age.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

I'm going through this right now with my mother and my mother-in-law.

Nursing Homes got them, their Social Security Checks, their savings, and are coming for their houses.

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    I'm going through this right now with my mother and my mother-in-law.
    Nursing Homes got them, their Social Security Checks, their savings, and are coming for their houses.
    I am sorry to read that Goose.
    That is the point of this thread, for people that are in a position to help keep their loved ones at home OR do what is necessary to protect their assets.
    It is a difficult topic of discussion for families to have I admit, but as our parents age, it is a discussion that can make a positive difference on the lives of ALL involved.
    Best to your Mom and Mother-in-law, and you and your family as well.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

There's some bad press in my area about nursing homes. Those places get all the income from the people who reside
    there and are laying around in their own piss and shit. Disgusting.

They can go as far back as 5 years to gain the income from these people. My mothers friend is in a home, they are
    charging her account 11k a month. 11k for a place to stay, 3 meals a day and maybe some medical attention? WTF?

Sorry for your losses. Glad you had the love/ patience to care for your loved ones at home. I'm sure they appreciated it.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave rkelly110 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

Thanks PP. My Wifey and I are in a good positive income flow and will survive but it pains me to watch these scavengers prey on the elderly and what would / should be our inheritance. In the case of my mother-in-law it happened very quickly with a couple strokes and there were no legal papers in place to avert the scavengers.

My advise to anybody with elderly parents or in-laws would be to have power of attorney papers and legitimate wills properly in place. Nursing Homes are predators and will grab anything not legally protected.

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When
    Bandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11716

Exactly Correct.
    A reasonably current will. (Auto Donk where are you??)
    Power of Attorney for finances
    Power of Attorney for health
    Protect assets by moving them out.
    Golden Goose is right. They are predators. And fuk those stupid Angel ads on Tv.

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Sorry for your losses. Glad you had the love/ patience to care for your loved ones at home. I'm sure they appreciated it.
    Yeah, I did not like my father in my adult life, for him being unkind to my Mom, so fukk him, he is dead - but thank you. lol

My Mom, I kept her close to me because just like your Mom, she is more precious than anything on earth. Mom is my God, and your Mom yours! and after a hip fracture and then extreme sadness and yes, neglect...

It would have been inhumane for me to allow her to stay there...

but again, divorced, no kids, money saved - still not working for ANYONE else `cause I still don`t have too... I was very, very lucky...