JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Buying oil stock?

Not sure if there's alot of investors on SBR but thought to mention this..

Crude oil down to $28 a barrel now!!!! Was $90 a barrel not too long ago.. Solid investment, can't lose..

As the saying goes buy low sell high.. Right now it's LOW!!!!! What goes up must come down, what goes way down must come up..

Anyone on this?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

If you want to make real money with Oil, look into trading XBR (Brent Crude or UK Oil) and XTI (West Texas Intermediate Crude or US Oil) versus the US Dollar, on Forex exchange.

That's what I do.

Forget Oil stocks --That's kid's game.

But as far as buying the oil goes...I wouldn't touch it just yet. There are still way too many uncertainties with this commodity/market right now. Looks like we still haven't found the floor...but we're very close.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Russian Rocket 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

You can also look into trading Oil CFDs (Contract For Difference).

A CFD is a tradable instrument that mirrors the movements of the asset underlying it. It allows for profits or losses to be realized when the underlying asset moves in relation to the position taken, but the actual underlying asset is never owned. Essentially, it is a contract between the client and the broker.

CFDs provide much higher leverage than traditional trading. Standard leverage in the CFD market begins as low as a 2% margin requirement.

The reward could be much greater than in buying stocks, but it also carries a greater risk.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Jiffy don't catch a falling dagger

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    Jiffy don't catch a falling dagger
    I never do....Thanks for the warning though...

I'm a real estate guy.. I do look for good stock buys from time to time though.. Followed Warren Buffet stock buys and did well in years past tailing that clown.. Stuff like that...

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13050...is-buying.html
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-20-16 at 12:59 PM.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Kinder Morgan @ 12 buck

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Wait till it dips below $20/barrel. If Chinese economy doesn't recover, forget about oil.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

There's a stock market simulator website where you can place fake money and see if how your stock portfolio does well or not.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I've been in a short position in oil all throughout 2016. I don't have a signal to get out, but I can post it here if anybody wants it when the time comes.

My money isn't on the line personally, since I'm an American and I can't trade it at leverage, but I advise clients from all over, and they can trade metals, gold, indices, all that. Yet another thing the USA isn't allowed to do. Land of the free!

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I'm going to wait until prices stabilize myself to buy back in, and when I do it's going to be with majors only, as many smaller players will either fold or become acquired for pennies on the dollar.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Kinder Morgan @ 12 buck

yuck

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I've been in a short position in oil all throughout 2016. I don't have a signal to get out, but I can post it here if anybody wants it when the time comes.

My money isn't on the line personally, since I'm an American and I can't trade it at leverage, but I advise clients from all over, and they can trade metals, gold, indices, all that. Yet another thing the USA isn't allowed to do. Land of the free!
    Good stuff man. You have any thoughts at present about gold and silver?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Good stuff man. You have any thoughts at present about gold and silver?
    Silver can't make up its mind, so nothing there. Gold is slightly pointing up on my chart, but not enough for me to make a move on it.

Gold is your anti-stock market play. About 50% of silver is set aside for industrial use, whereas only 10% of gold is.