grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    The southern accent from the Confederate soldier was horrible as well....but then again I'm from the south so maybe it just seemed annoying an off to me...you trayuuuump....if a guy spoke like that here in TN we would assume he loved rooster...the southern drawl is a lower deeper manly sound when I was in Nebraska I asked for a pack of smokes and she was like I'll give em to ya free if you keep talking....the southern accent can be stereotyped with lower intelligence but lemme tell ya I've heard accents from all around the country and other than Minnesota there is non that compare.....everyone sounds like the movie Fargo

Apparently around the country its assumed we all talk like women from 1800s Georgia

Listen to an actor like Morgan Freeman for a true southern accent...can you imagine him comin out going you trayyyummp....it would sound absurd unless he was playing a gay southern character
    The ex-confederate is the guy that played the tranny in Sons of Anarchy.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    No clue why we had to endure the bad Channing Tatum accent at the end of the movie. It was cringe inducing.

He was going for "old-timey southern white outlaw" but what we got was "21st century wigga boy"
    Points Awarded:

TheLock gave grease lightnin 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    He was going for "old-timey southern white outlaw" but what we got was "21st century wigga boy"

Exactly

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    I thought this was a great fucn movie also Room with Brie Larson was so fucd up really good movie about her and her kid she has from a dude who locks her up in a shed and has her kidnapped for 8yrs and rape/abuses her daily. Little ass shed he keeps the moms and the son he made from his sick shyt. Moving was a great flic man crazy stuff.
    You know that happened in real life in northern cali

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

A lot better than Start Wars, that's for sure!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

About the same I fell asleep in spots in both... Midnight showing of hateful 8 was rough ... That motherfukker is painfully slow in alot of spots.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    A lot better than Start Wars, that's for sure!
    I hate Star Wars but was dragged to see this last one and it was really good. Enjoyed in way more than Hateful 8, which was the exact opposite of what I was expecting going in.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

The ex-confederate is the guy that played the tranny in Sons of Anarchy.
    Ah I see....probably brilliant in that role but not right for role of Confed soldier/future sheriff

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    About the same I fell asleep in spots in both... Midnight showing of hateful 8 was rough ... That motherfukker is painfully slow in alot of spots.
    Agreed....penetrates sakes lets get to the action Im tired of ppl just riding in carriages reading letters and making stew and highly annoyingly nailing a door closed 15x....lets get some plot twists in here....ultimately a couple of predictable twists and an average watchable movie which would be bout the bottom of the pile for a Tarantino movie

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Everyone I talked to that saw it said it's mediocre. All I needed to see was the first 15 minutes. Tarantino is junk now.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Hateful Eight is "okay"....by Tarantino standards it sucks dick....it is his 9th movie of his career (I've heard he's gonna quit after 10 but maybe that's just bullshit) and it's "okay" which by Tarantino standards puts it in a tie for Deathproof as the worst of the 9 films he's made....the best movie of the year shit must be sarcasm as I am a huge Tarantino fan and enjoyed all his movies but this one was a little too predictable for a Tarantino movie but overall worth a watch but wait for it on DVD no reason to head to the theater for this one
    Good review..i agree i just thought Jennifer jason Leigh was very good.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    she was excellent

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Everyone I talked to that saw it said it's mediocre. All I needed to see was the first 15 minutes. Tarantino is junk now.

I thought Django was great

LordVodka

It was great but about 30 minutes too long. After the shoot out scene the movie should've ended.

DwightShrute

I thought Django was great

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    One of the few bright spots of an otherwise mediocre movie...Tarantino claimed he would only make 10 movies bc of some famous director from the 70s had had a great career but his last 10 movies were awful and sort of stained his incredible reputation (the old go out on top if you will)....it seems that Tarantino has run out of gas as well....after Kill Bill Tarantino has just run outta good ideas....hey it happens....most ppl never have one good idea. Now you can make some ridiculous Nazi movie or 70s style bad westerns with simple plots but there's magic in films like Pulp Fiction at every turn....I guarantee you at no point in Pulp Fiction did you ever stop watching bc you woulda missed something incredible...that's hard to reproduce.

LordVodka

Tarantino became too self indulgent. He needs to stop with the extra long dialogue scenes or the scenes where one of the main characters does a shitty monologue.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Tarantino became too self indulgent. He needs to stop with the extra long dialogue scenes or the scenes where one of the main characters does a shitty monologue.
    The monologue's are a Tarantino staple....but they gotta be GOOD monologues...not just horseshit monologues

Its gotta be the tipping monologue from Reservoir Dogs, the watch and fight rigging monologues from Pulp Fiction....if its just some guy rattling off horseshit that you instantly forget thats when ppl go to sleep...I swear the entire first 2/3 of this movie you're like when is something interesting going to be said or happen. You could literally fast forward through the first 2/3 of the movie and not miss anything...that's sad

Anyway off to watch Revenant for me and from what I hear its pretty good

LordVodka

Tarantino's just too in love with his own horse shit. He doesn't have people around him who tell him to cut out the bullshit.

bettilimbroke999

I kinda think Tarantino when he was proving himself went all out and ppl were questioning him and if he blew it he'd be back working at the video store just HAD to get it right and make hits....if Pulp Fiction flops Tarantino is making your hamburger at McD's today lets face it....now he's like a directorial God where ppl just worship him and he think he can do no wrong....the same way with M Night Shaymalan he came out with great movies like the Sixth Sense and Signs to start then just started pumping out garbage and who even know if he's allowed to direct movies anymore

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

the revenant mostly based on true story best picture best actor in dramatic role hands down possibly tom hardy also wasn't hardy in mad max-fury road see it with sone good booze ang food no bets ro check on that day

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

I kinda think Tarantino when he was proving himself went all out and ppl were questioning him and if he blew it he'd be back working at the video store just HAD to get it right and make hits....if Pulp Fiction flops Tarantino is making your hamburger at McD's today lets face it....now he's like a directorial God where ppl just worship him and he think he can do no wrong....the same way with M Night Shaymalan he came out with great movies like the Sixth Sense and Signs to start then just started pumping out garbage and who even know if he's allowed to direct movies anymore
    funny thing about 6th sense was i read he didnt even come up with the idea about making the main character dead for the whole movie. heard his friend suggested it to him when Shaymalan couldnt find proper twist.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Watched TRUE ROMANCE last week. Hadn`t seen it in years.
    Tarantino wrote it, but didn`t direct.

The cast was un-fkkin-believable. Possibly the best cast ever assembled.

Thin Gandolfini, Sam L. in a 2 minute cameo, Sizemore and Chris Penn, Pitt, Hopper, Oldman, Kilmer (voice of Elvis)
    Rapaport,Rubinek and a fabulous scene with Christopher Walken.

Slater and a young,thin, HOT Patricia Arquette. Probably missed a few.

"And now we return to "Bullet" already in progress"

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post

Thin Gandolfini, Sam L. in a 2 minute cameo, Sizemore and Chris Penn, Pitt, Hopper, Oldman, Kilmer (voice of Elvis)

Brad Pitt also. pretty good movie. great scene with Hoffman and Walken. Arquette super sexy

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post

awesome flick. wasnt natural born killers supposed to be the sequel? think tarantino changed his mind and gave it to Stone

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Thanks for the links, men.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

You guys really can't afford to go to the movies? Fuk...

First 12