sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Anyone ever use...

Adderrall or any other amphetamines for an extended period?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pass

Snow a little bit no more

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Lol, snow is good but doesn't last very long... Hard to find the good stuff too

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Yes, specifics?

I can tell you two things for certain
    1.) you will develop tolerance
    2.) it will change your personality

Anything else?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Sour...I would strongly advise against you using amphetamines for an extended period of time.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Nothing better than popping an addy then reading conspiracy theories all night long.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Maybe next year.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Gotta talk to this guy and his pin head pupils...

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Nothing better than popping an addy then reading conspiracy theories all night long.
    Lol, Mr Sheckler you're a funny one.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Yes, specifics?

I can tell you two things for certain
    1.) you will develop tolerance
    2.) it will change your personality

Anything else?
    I am at a point here in which I will be judged, not by you.... But there was a reason for my question, and I wish I didn't present the question among some people on here who think their lives are perfect while doing other drugs because they feel they are not as bad as others.

Point #2 that you made is very interesting, and I am curious as to whether there or not there is permanent damage done. I would like to elaborate, but might be better off not doing so.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Anyone who has drug free on their hands have done enough drugs to last me a lifetime. I'm not impressed.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Sour...I would strongly advise against you using amphetamines for an extended period of time.

Appreciate that.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Indeed Sourtwist, some of us have left the cave. And when we return, well...the Allegory of the Cave sums it up pretty well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

I don't want to dwell but, sports notwithstanding, the difference between reality and the perception of reality can indeed be, and often is, huge.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    ...I am curious as to whether there or not there is permanent damage done. I would like to elaborate, but might be better off not doing so.
    Depends on what changes we are talking about. Some are permanent, some not so, and all become a part of the experience that is "you."

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Anyone who has drug free on their hands have done enough drugs to last me a lifetime. I'm not impressed.
    I'm drug free. No tatts, clean life, just a terrible gambler.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Twister please tell me you're not a tweaker with a kid on the way.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Not a tweaker, was asking for general info from people with possible experience using to help explain to someone what they are doing to their body. Most of what is found on the Internet doesn't include direct info, but mostly possible side effects which may or may not even happen.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mobile good move

Good way to move up in world actually

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

grit your teeth, no appetite, stress from heart racing all the time, sweating/BO. Tolerance develops so dosage increases. Effective duration keeps shortening until the doc prescribe 2x a day of IR. Attention goes to shit once it wears off after 3 hrs, can't even follow the plot of a Simpsons episode without it. Mind goes from racing/dizziness to zombie lack of attention where you can't fall asleep. There are better ways to focus. Can't be good for your heart, brain, stress. Finished a hard degree after I stopped using it, it can be done

http://time.com/25370/doctor-adhd-does-not-exist/

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Thanks grape. Did you substitute anything when you quit?

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

nordic natural fish oil, multivitamin, high fiber/protein breakfast (proteins activate neural transmitters), granola bars/fruits, exercise, nutritional food

saw a cognitive behavioral therapist, helped me realize i procrastinate til the last minute and do whatever i feel like without planning, started using google calendar with alerts/to-do lists and working on stuff as early as possible, staying engaged and excited in whatever i do (going to class, trying to pay attention)

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I am at a point here in which I will be judged, not by you.... But there was a reason for my question, and I wish I didn't present the question among some people on here who think their lives are perfect while doing other drugs because they feel they are not as bad as others.

Point #2 that you made is very interesting, and I am curious as to whether there or not there is permanent damage done. I would like to elaborate, but might be better off not doing so.
    Pre-emptive apology, this post turned out to be more about addiction than Adderall specific, but it's impossible to address Adderall and it's consequences without going into it. To find out more about the damage it can do to you google the effects of high blood pressure and amphetamines, increases risk of stroke, heart attack, heart failure, blah blah blah...... That stuff isn't interesting to me and is easily found on webmd. The other side of things is very interesting to me.

I've taken Addy's on and off for many years, including long periods of time where I took them twice a day. Adderall is an amphetamine that is considered a psychotropic/psychoactive drug, meaning it alters your mood and behavior. Initially, this is the desired effect, to get a lift, feel better about yourself, feel more social. And it works well, at first. Over time, you begin to develop a tolerance to it and the positive effects diminish. Now, one of three things happen, you increase the dosage, you increase the frequency (both of which lead to further tolerance and addiction) or you just keep taking the same amount and barely feel anything at all.

The reason we take these meds is to feel better, when we quit feeling better, we want that feeling back, so we take more. That's the vicious cycle of addiction. It's the same with Vicodin, Oxy, Heroin, you name it....

The interesting thing about these psychotropic meds is that eventually, they just quit working. Yep, believe that. They quit fukking working. It has something to do with the chemicals in the brain being altered to such a massive extent over long periods of time as a result of the addiction. Eventually, there won't be enough Adderall to get that high, so you chase the dragon.

By now, you're a completely different person. You have chemically altered your brain for so long, that you aren't the same person, your mood and behavior are dependent upon that Adderall. Addiction is generally considered a Faustian Bargain, because you're willing to trade who you are as a person, your soul, so you can get your fix. You will also suffer from Anhedonia, or the inability to feel pleasure or happiness from anything other than the pill. This is one of the worst parts because you realize the only thing that makes you happy is Adderall or Vicodin or Oxy, etc.... You are joyless, you have no mood, just flat and empty. By now you're an emotional roller coaster. You can't go on a family outing without a couple pills, because what if you begin craving and don't have any with you? Then you're unpleasant to be around, you go through mini withdrawals and the pill occupies your mind, all you can think about it how much better you would feel if you had it with you. So you learn to always have them on you. But still, you're always thinking about them.

Kind of like the ring in Lord of the Rings. Try watching that movie after going through addiction and you'll think the ring is addiction.

Anyways, I could go on. And on. And on about this.