McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

any ticket brokers here?

I bought season tickets for the Michigan Wolverines this year. I live in PA, so I only had plans to go to 1 game this season, however being that its a game against Michigan State, I figured I could make a little profit and get my tickets for free by selling the rest. I recently just sold all the tickets on stubhub and made around $300, therefore getting the tickets free for the MSU game. They were being sold $85 each. Does anyone on here buy and resell for strictly profit? Seems like some potential for some easy side money for my gambling itch. I was looking at trying to get Pittsburgh Pirates post season tickets today and reselling them.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Couldnt you make alot more if you sold each right before game time? I just remember seeing the prices of Bama tickets before game time last year and whoa were they expensive. If I had season tickets to Bama games Id drive down to Tuscaloosa every home game and make out good.

McCarthyFam

well I sold majority of these before the season even started. Their were 2 games where I didn't..UNLV and Rutgers. I believe I paid $65/piece for each ticket. The UNLV tickets didn't sell until game day and I only ended up getting $8 each because it was about an hour prior to kick off so I had to lower the price as everyone else was. And I ended up only getting $45 for the rutgers game. I didn't want to see the same thing happen with those tickets so I dropped the price to what the lowest ticket prices were at the time. Granted these werent front row tickets. I was in row 92. But I was still profitable despite losing money on these two games. Would have been even more profitable if I were to decide to sell the msu tickets as they are the highest priced game tickets for the season. But it seems like ticket prices drop tremendously when it gets to game day.

McCarthyFam

But I imagine if I were to buy post season tickets and get them at the actual ticket price, their could be some profitability.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Why sell on stubhub? Don't they take a percentage from the buyer & seller? Put them on Craigslist & use PayPal for payments to be safe

McCarthyFam

they do take a percentage, but being that I lived in PA, it was easier for me to just list on Stubhub. Stubhub takes less than ebay.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11660

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    Does anyone on here buy and resell for strictly profit? Seems like some potential for some easy side money for my gambling itch. I was looking at trying to get Pittsburgh Pirates post season tickets today and reselling them.
    There might be ex-ticket brokers on here, Stubhub put them all out of business. I still have a ticket broker in NYC, he services a specific niche, and says that as a business the game has over for a few years.

McCarthyFam

Not as a business..just to make a few bucks

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11660

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    Not as a business..just to make a few bucks
    Good luck.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Do you still want to wrestle Siena Sammy for wrestling King of SBR?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

ive made about 1000 profit on mets first round tickets. this is only for home games 1 and 2