yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Grunting and Screaming in Women's Tennis is So Bizzare

Watching Cornet play Lucic-Baroni here in San Diego at 3:14am and I might as well be watching Bangbros! Had to turn down the sound out of respect for my neighbor's kids.
    It is the only sport I can think of in which this happens.
    WTF is this all about?
    Why do women do it more than men?
    Why only Tennis?
    It makes some matches un-listenable, others kind of intriguing.
    Is it an advantage?: intimidating, masking the sound of contact like ping pong?
    Or is it a dis-advantage?: waste of breath, a tell?
    What a strange human behavior.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I do not think it makes you play better either

They should ban it

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

this shit has been out of line for years..... i'm with the NHL Moderator on this one.... ban the shit; makes womens tennis even more unwatchable....

only way I will ever watch women's tennis is if the start making em wear the same attire they wear in beach volleyball..... I can watch that shit all day long, but only if the network doesn't immediately cut away from ass shots........ hate it when they do that.... it's like major networks have a real problem showing a tanned up babe's ass hangin' out of a tiny bikini.....

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Monica Seles. She was a screamer and the top player in the world. The Williams sisters say they copied her and screamed because that's what they did. Youngsters copied the Williams sisters and on it goes.

Not limited to women. The white man chrome dome like Michael Jordan just does not work. Michael could have done so much for bald men if he would have played Caesar style like Lloyd Free.

Auto Donk

Sharipova is the one that caused me to damn near brake my wrist hitting the remote as hard as I could to change the channel the second I saw/heard her screaming ass......

this is what women's tennis needs to wear:
    Attached Images  
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigballa

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Azarenkas the worst

I would guess it fires them up

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Hides the sound of the spin, throws off opponents timing, distracts opponents. Makes it harder to return potentially

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Monica Seles. She was a screamer and the top player in the world. The Williams sisters say they copied her and screamed because that's what they did. Youngsters copied the Williams sisters and on it goes.

Not limited to women. The white man chrome dome like Michael Jordan just does not work. Michael could have done so much for bald men if he would have played Caesar style like Lloyd Free.
    Not sure about the correlation between women grunting and men shaving their heads but thanks for reminding me of World B Free! He had a lot of self confidence and a hell of a jumper!

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Sharipova is the one that caused me to damn near brake my wrist hitting the remote as hard as I could to change the channel the second I saw/heard her screaming ass......

this is what women's tennis needs to wear:
    Auto, we should start our own Swimsuit Ladies Tennis Tour. (SLTT) or "slut" for short. We let the sponsors pick the outfits. Victoria Secret vs. Reef Swimsuits etc....If they showed their ass cheeks in women's tennis it would be the most watched sport in the history of mankind!

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Hides the sound of the spin, throws off opponents timing, distracts opponents. Makes it harder to return potentially
    It really does disguise the sound of the ball hitting the racket an the sound of the ball hitting the ground on the first bounce which might be just as important as the racket contact sound. Could you imagine if a group of fans screamed along with a player on every shot? They would have to stop the match.
    So why is it legal to make noise while playing? I keep thinking of golf, if heckling was allowed in golf it might boost attendance and surely would change the way the game is played.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    Auto, we should start our own Swimsuit Ladies Tennis Tour. (SLTT) or "slut" for short. We let the sponsors pick the outfits. Victoria Secret vs. Reef Swimsuits etc....If they showed their ass cheeks in women's tennis it would be the most watched sport in the history of mankind!
    all i know is, if we start the tour, and they wear stuff like below, no one will sit near me, for two primary reasons:

first, they don't want to get hit with the sporadic "spray" emitting from my crotchal region every six to seven minutes.... (and no, it's not a "spray" from one of those "cooling fans" that you see in trendy patio restaurants), and

second, the walkways between the bleachers will be very "slick" in the ten foot diameter range around where I am sitting, slick with millions and millions of my potential offspring that will unfortunately die an agonizing death in the sweet ocean front heat...........

[
    Attached Images  
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    this shit has been out of line for years..... i'm with the NHL Moderator on this one.... ban the shit; makes womens tennis even more unwatchable....

only way I will ever watch women's tennis is if the start making em wear the same attire they wear in beach volleyball..... I can watch that shit all day long, but only if the network doesn't immediately cut away from ass shots........ hate it when they do that.... it's like major networks have a real problem showing a tanned up babe's ass hangin' out of a tiny bikini.....

or how about simply just going back to the good ole days of them wearing sheer, see-through panties?!...or sometimes thongs and g-strings?...or maybe even commando!......here's a good upskirt shot Jana Novotna back in the day!...pubes and all!...

up522-JanaNovotna.jpg

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I do not think it makes you play better either

They should ban it
    agreed

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

WOmens volleyball is hot, as long as you don't look at their faces.

Auto Donk

there have been a few of em over the years that looked pretty damn good........ but, being an ass man, my well-trained eye is always locked in on the bikini bottoms...... I couldn't pick a single women's beach volleyball player out of a police line up (facing front) if you promised me all of bobbywaves' bet points to do so......

this is why anybody watching that crap is watching it:

[
    Attached Images  

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I can't even watch womens tennis with the volume on without breaking out into a giggling fit. My local sports bar accidentally put in on after the hockey game one time. Man, that was embarassing.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    or how about simply just going back to the good ole days of them wearing sheer, see-through panties?!...or sometimes thongs and g-strings?...or maybe even commando!......here's a good upskirt shot Jana Novotna back in the day!...pubes and all!...

up522-JanaNovotna.jpg

They should at least ban the sports Bra. Remembering the old days of Graf and that Argentinian (can't recall her name).

I still remember Steffi Graf changing shirts one time at Wimbeldon between games with ball girls (boys maybe?) holding towels.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

There's a strange scene in Ken Park about women's tennis and the grunts.