jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Beware Of Fraud Scams

I found out someone tried to scam me with insurance fraud this week. I called to renew my insurance and didnt like that the price was higher than before and they told me about an accident I had in a BMW, well I dont own a BMW anymore, I sold it to a dealership last year, this guy claimed an accident in it this year, they caught this guy this past June, he was young, prolific in his ways, and had stolen over $500,000 worth of vehicles, yet stupid with using his address, here he is.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...f_500k_ca.html

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

i've had 48 extornionists that got their filthy paws on the Ashley Madison list try to blackmail me about 23 bitcoins a piece or'd they go to my spouses. thus we've paid 5/9s of it

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

The red Lexus in the second pic is a nice car.

Years ago an older lady rear ended me in one of my work trucks. I had a large hitch on the back so it didnt do crap to my truck but caved her hood and front grill. I thought I was being nice when I said I didnt need anything from her and she didnt have to call the cops if she didnt want too.

Months later I got a call from her insurance company that she had filed a report that I backed into her. Long story short, my insurance got involved and since they had no proof they could not get me/my insurance to pay anything but they tried and annoyed me for a while until I threatened legal action.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    The red Lexus in the second pic is a nice car.

Years ago an older lady rear ended me in one of my work trucks. I had a large hitch on the back so it didnt do crap to my truck but caved her hood and front grill. I thought I was being nice when I said I didnt need anything from her and she didnt have to call the cops if she didnt want too.

Months later I got a call from her insurance company that she had filed a report that I backed into her. Long story short, my insurance got involved and since they had no proof they could not get me/my insurance to pay anything but they tried and annoyed me for a while until I threatened legal action.
    Funny you say that, similar happened to me in my teens I rear ended a jeep wrangler with the tire on back. My front was screwed up not a scratch on his jeep, he gets out screaming mad until he saw no damage and got in his jeep and drove off, no one else involved. Months later I get a call from an insurance company saying I hit someone. Lol a car who witnessed it filed a claim, someone totally not involved, guess they got my tag, I denied it and nothing happened, lotta scammers out there.