Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Why does the Audi S8 look so bad ass and the Audi A4 looks like a piece of shit??

I dont get it.

Sure the S8 cost more and has a better engine. But why make the A4 with such a shitty non sporty body style????

i mean they A-4 is basically a Honda Accord or Toyota Corola with a Audi sticker on it.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

A4 is basically just a rebadged Volkswagon jetta with a turbo.

I drove a 2004 A4 for a couple years.

It was a piece of shit.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    A4 is basically just a rebadged Volkswagon jetta with a turbo.

I drove a 2004 A4 for a couple years.

It was a piece of shit.

Whats cheapest Audi model you can get that is a cool car?

Mo,

what would you say is the best car for under 35,000?

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7596

nothing wrong with a4's ive a 2006 2.0 a4 s-line remapped to 230bhp absolute flying machine. every extra, although i will admit i dont like the previous version
    Name:  11822556_859292064156781_3751975519000222340_n.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  40.9 KB

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I've never met a more miserable group of people than Audi "owners"

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Whats cheapest Audi model you can get that is a cool car?

Mo,

what would you say is the best car for under 35,000?
    First question, kinda tough to say. I am not really a fan of Audi's because every damn car in their lineup looks the fukkin same. Distinguishing between an A6 and A8 is almost impossible based on styling alone. I am more of a BMW guy though honestly. They make the best performance cars of all the German cars I have driven. I guess you could say the A5 which costs about $35,000 but the styling on new Audis is so mundane and conservative. I hate this whole recent trend in trying to make every car in your lineup look exactly the fukkin same like Russian nesting dolls. I think Audi is the worst for this.

Best car under $35000?

Subaru Impreza WRX STI is $35K brand new.

Thing is a fukkin animal. A skilled driver in one of these can keep up with a Lamborghini on a track. Ride is a bit harsh but there are so many great things about this car. A massive community for tuners and parts. Basically a road going rally car. Smartest AWD system in the business.
    With minor modifications to engine block and engine internals, thing can easily run over 450HP without having to worry much about anything. Reliable. Not terribly expensive to service. Car is not that cool to people who don't know cars but if they take a ride with you they will change their tune.

Other car I would consider if I had $35,000 is a BMW 2 Series (formerly the 1 Series).

I cannot tell you how awesome these things are. It is small and so fukkin agile and rear wheel drive. I have done some crazy shit in one of these (a 2009 135i) that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing in many other cars in this price range. The steering is so precise. It sounds phenomenal without being so loud that people think your a dickhead. The thing is just awesome to drive. Back seats virtually non existent but you can fit someone back there in a pinch. Not the fastest car but with the Twin Turbo I4 this thing pushes 240bhp stock and can easily be pushed to well over 400 pretty safely. This was the car that sold me on BMW as, when they try, they can make an incredible driving machine at a reasonable price.

1 Series is better car because it comes with the I6 engine and you can get them used for a good price. They just don’t make em anymore and they are sought after because they are so good.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I've never met a more miserable group of people than Audi "owners"
    Yeah I am not really a fan. Owned one (used mind you) with less than 60,000 miles on it and the number of problems I had with this thing. Turbo Pressure. Sun roof. ABS doing all kinds of wonky shit.

Thing was a fukkin money pit.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Bear why are we talking A's, we're 65% cappers bro, we should be talking R's.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Bear why are we talking A's, we should be talking R's.
    R8 is one of the best deals in cars these days. Not cheap but the thing is basically a rebadged, detuned Lambo.

No reason you can't tune it up to those specs.

Things are a fukkin dime a dozen in Toronto now. I remember people used to take pictures of these things when they came out.

Now people don't even look twice they are so common here. Its like the new 911

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Yeah I am not really a fan. Owned one (used mind you) with less than 60,000 miles on it and the number of problems I had with this thing. Turbo Pressure. Sun roof. ABS doing all kinds of wonky shit.

Thing was a fukkin money pit.
    First job out of college was working at a rental car company that serviced a Porsche/Audi Dealer service department. Audi owners were so fukkin miserable I avoided them like the plague. They were always at the dealer for little shit like you mention. ALWAYS. Used to see the same people week after week. Porsche owners were, by contrast, the coolest customers ever. They were usually getting brakes or oil changes, never anything major.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Question for you Mo,

you seem to have been around a fair share of cars... which car would you say has the most comfortable/ cushioned seats?

just curious... i used to have a bmw 3 series but those seats were stiff as fukk and hurt my back on long trips.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Bear asking about cars when the broke fukkk would need financing for a bicycle

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

looking into an s6, anyone ever drive the 07-11 5.2 v10? not really into the newer v8 turbo, I dunno why but I've always preferred the non turbos...less that can go wrong...

To those saying money pit...yeah, its a nice car that needs to be maintained, its not a chevy caviler that you can neglect and put 100k on without servicing...

NrmlCurvSurfr

the rs6 is something i want to eventually have.

part 2
    Last edited by NrmlCurvSurfr; 08-14-15 at 06:52 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its a quick car......not my type though

repairs so expensive

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    its a quick car......not my type though

repairs so expensive
    what car do u recommend JJ?

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

The A4 is what you buy your 16yo son/daughter.

The A6 is what you buy your wife.

The A8L is what you buy yourself.

The S8 is for men having a midlife crisis.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Question for you Mo,

you seem to have been around a fair share of cars... which car would you say has the most comfortable/ cushioned seats?

just curious... i used to have a bmw 3 series but those seats were stiff as fukk and hurt my back on long trips.

I have always found Mercedes to be very comfortable.

I have only driven a couple of them though and nothing sporty.

I never seem to notice seats.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

I have always found Mercedes to be very comfortable.

I have only driven a couple of them though and nothing sporty.

I never seem to notice seats.
    I currently drive my first Mercedes, an S500 and it is my favorite car i have owned. Never breaks down, extremely comfortable with high performance.

I would love to take this puppy cross country. Maybe if the bash is in CR this year ill drive from sota lol.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

30 year old car still looks better than all that chit

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    I currently drive my first Mercedes, an S500 and it is my favorite car i have owned. Never breaks down, extremely comfortable with high performance.

I would love to take this puppy cross country. Maybe if the bash is in CR this year ill drive from sota lol.
    Never driven an s but I have heard hey are fantastic cars. Very good value on the second hand market as well.

I find merc makes luxury vehicles and BMW makes proper sports cars but just can't really figure out how to make an interior that doesn't feel cold and calculated.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2422

Never driven an s but I have heard hey are fantastic cars. Very good value on the second hand market as well.

I find merc makes luxury vehicles and BMW makes proper sports cars but just can't really figure out how to make an interior that doesn't feel cold and calculated.
    Mercedes can push bmw all the way with their AMG division.
    Im a BMW guy too, but would take an amg e class over M4.

Brabus also go mental with Mercedes..

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Brabus' are nuts. They take cars that already have too much power and say "this is not nearly fast enough."

I have never driven an AMG but from what I have heard they are not as precise. A ton of power and not usually as stiff a ride. They are tire eaters that are a blast to drive but, supposedly, they don't corner as well.

My favourite of those tuning companies that build their own cars, like Brabus, is RUF. They are disgustingly fast.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post

Sciroccos are awesome.

Guy in my building drives one that is still in great shape.

Kinda looks like a delorean I am realizing.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

I'm biased of course, because a part of my family owns 9 BMW (and 9 MINI, and 1 Renault) dealerships, but I never thought that. I agree though, that Mercedes is more of a statesmen car while BMW always had that sport touch. AUDI though, I always hated. Now we are not talking about the S8 or M5 etc kind of car, just the "normal" ones. In my eyes the AUDIs always looked and still look lame as fukk. And I gotta laugh everytime somebody tells me that they are so nice inside. They are not. Dirt cheap. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. Had an A6 as a rental car for a few days a few months ago in another city, nothing special about it.
    But the worst about the AUDIs: they all look the same. Boring, boring, boring. It's a car for kitchen representatives and boring women. Quattor? Yeah, I gotta give'em that. And that's all. The oh so great digital cockpit of the new A4? LMAO, if you like that, buy the VW Passat with the exact same thing. The oh so good looking LED's? Yeah, buy the VW Passat, they are the same. The oh so big space in the back seats? If you want that, buy the Skoda Superb, it's even bigger. Nothing special about AUDI. Anytime you buy or drive an AUDI, you better remind yourself that you're just driving a VW with a higher price tag.

@gaucho: so true
    But since you mentioned Porsche: a business partner of my dad bought a Porsche 964 RS/Carrera 4 a year ago. It was stolen this year near Poland () and until then he spend 20.000€ on inspections, brakes, etc etc etc alone and there was still no end in sight. Now he bought himself (from the insurance money) a Porsche Targa 911 Type 996. It was previously owned by a member of the Porsche family, so there is everything in it that you can get for this car. Now I saw and drove it two weeks ago when I came back from Spain. This car is only from 2005 and it is so banged up.... The leather looks absolutely terrible, the interior looks dirt-cheap (and remind you, that this is completely equipped, fukkin expensive car!), I was absolutely shocked when I saw it. Not a car I would want to drive. Seriously. The sound is great of course. And that is it. New brakes 800€ for ONE etc. etc. etc. Inspection alone: 2k. Nah thx, never ever will a drive a car like that.
    My dad bought a BMW Z4 M-Package from 2011 for himself and my mum (basically was a gift for their wedding day). Beautiful fukkin car. And I swear to god, in MY book, it is way more fun cruising around with that one, than with the Porsche I mentioned above. He bought it while I was in Spain and send me a few pictures and I thought he was kidding. But nope, he really did it. I'm fukkin envious

@Mo: The Scirocco was a fun car indeed. My girls father still has his. But it's only standing in an empty hall of his factory. He never wanted to sell it, because he loved it so much. Don't think he ever drove it in the past 10 years plus though. But those were cars I like, just because you were actually able to do shit yourself when something needed to be fixed. With the cars nowadays, nah thx...
    Last edited by zizoudane10; 08-16-15 at 09:31 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Porsches cost a ton to maintain no doubt. I wouldn't buy one unless I fell into some crazy money. A buddy of mine had a similar experience with a 2005 911 (although his interior held up nicely) with 200$ oil changes etc. He needed a new clutch before he got rid of it for a Prius

cecil127

Sciroccos are awesome.

Guy in my building drives one that is still in great shape.

Kinda looks like a delorean I am realizing.
    post pics

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post

This is a sexy 30+ yr car BMW 635CSi

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    This is a sexy 30+ yr car BMW 635CSi

got that right. shoulda never changed that grill!

NrmlCurvSurfr

Porsches cost a ton to maintain no doubt. I wouldn't buy one unless I fell into some crazy money. A buddy of mine had a similar experience with a 2005 911 (although his interior held up nicely) with 200$ oil changes etc. He needed a new clutch before he got rid of it for a Prius
    squares can't own really expensive/high maintenance cars without paying more...first thing I learned when I got into audis...change your own oil...lower costs, better product for less$, and you know exactly what has been done to your machine...the guys that buy these cars and pour money into them are usually not very car savvy...they just like expensive things, and by paying a higher price they feel they are getting more...squares

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post

squares can't own really expensive/high maintenance cars without paying more...first thing I learned when I got into audis...change your own oil...lower costs, better product for less$, and you know exactly what has been done to your machine...the guys that buy these cars and pour money into them are usually not very car savvy...they just like expensive things, and by paying a higher price they feel they are getting more...squares
    Changing your own oil on a car isn't a problem at all. Other things are, and when it comes to the engine, without a PST2 tool you are fukked. Porsches eat tires, brakes, discs etc. Oilchange is nothing, those things are. And we are not even talking about the importance of having clean and full reports in your car, done by a Porsche mechanic, otherwise you'll fukk up the history and price of the car. Not even talking about having access to a hydraulic ramp and the fact that I doubt that a 65+ year fat fukk like my fathers business partner would want to work on his car or have the knowledge and manuals to do it. And yes, especially when it comes to Porsches you'll need to do it in a strict order. (German cars in general btw)

What AUDI are you driving btw?