MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Unarmed South Carolina Teen killed by police during marijuana bust

Sounds like he drove at the cop or something. That is what the shooter claims. Coroner's report did not state whether wounds are consistent with being hit while in a moving vehicle.

19 years old.

Shitty.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/06/us/sen...ing/index.html
    Last edited by MoMoneyMoVaughn; 08-07-15 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Misread some of the facts. Thanks to Opti

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

looks like 1000 bullets

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Bear, he was only shot twice. His girlfriend was in the car and survived.

That picture is from a shooting in Miami circa 2013

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

He was white Mo, this is not news.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9320

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Sounds like he drove at the cop or something. That is what the shooter claims. Coroner says wounds are consistent with being hit while in a moving vehicle.

19 years old.

Shitty.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/06/us/sen...ing/index.html
    The news story you posted says coroner did not say anything about if it appeared to be in moving car. Just that there was a chest and shoulder wound.

And that victims family lawyers say autopsy says bullet went into rear of shoulder and side of chest under arm...

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The news story you posted says coroner did not say anything about if it appeared to be in moving car. Just that there was a chest and shoulder wound.

And that victims family lawyers say autopsy says bullet went into rear of shoulder and side of chest under arm...
    Your right opti, sorry I midread that.

Sounds like this cop could get into some trouble

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

It's sad that in this country we need police officers to wear body cams.

We'll probably get to the point where all of us will have some sort of cam in our car.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30722

This is the chick he was on a date with.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    This is the chick he was on a date with.

Just bad lighting

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

these cops are out of control

somebody has to stand up to these cops b4 its too late

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

How come whites arnt in an uproar? Do whites not care when one of their own dies in such a way by the hands of the cops?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    How come whites arnt in an uproar? Do whites not care when one of their own dies in such a way by the hands of the cops?
    white people are selfish

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    white people are selfish
    Are you trying to say...

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

White people are expendable.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    White people are expendable.
    Can you elaborate?

Optional

Why do so many Americans think every issue requires racial analysis and/or some sort of race based community response if someone of your color is wronged?

jtoler

Why do so many Americans think every issue requires racial analysis and/or some sort of race based community response if someone of your color is wronged?
    I don't comprehend the question.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

its purposely done by powerful people who control the media and government. Because there is little to choose from either party anymore (ya they talk good game but if elected they are the same), the only way is to divide the people somehow. Race is part of their plan.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: IlluminatedOne

Kermit

I don't comprehend the question.
    What he is saying is that white people for the most part don't give a shit what color a criminal is. I know I sure don't.

The minute someone decides to willingly do something that may jeopardize someone else's safety or well being, I say to Hell with them. Whatever happens to them happens. They certainly don't give a shit about you.

There is already a new story brewing about some "Unarmed Black College Football Player" that was shot by a cop after he drove his car through the front window of a car dealership and fought with the cops.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

jtoler

What he is saying is that white people for the most part don't give a shit what color a criminal is. I know I sure don't.

The minute someone decides to willingly do something that may jeopardize someone else's safety or well being, I say to Hell with them. Whatever happens to them happens. They certainly don't give a shit about you.

There is already a new story brewing about some "Unarmed Black College Football Player" that was shot by a cop after he drove his car through the front window of a car dealership and fought with the cops.
    Doesnt sound like what he was saying, seems his question was on line with why do blacks speak out when they are shot/killed by white cops perhaps. But since he didnt exactly say that I didnt want to give an answer for that. Im sure though if this story was broadcast all day long and they had guests questioning the cops actions then Im sure it would stir the pot of whites. The media controls people's minds. Not sure if there is video of this, if not the cop could have made up any story he wanted to.

Kermit

Doesnt sound like what he was saying, seems his question was on line with why do blacks speak out when they are shot/killed by white cops perhaps. But since he didnt exactly say that I didnt want to give an answer for that. Im sure though if this story was broadcast all day long and they had guests questioning the cops actions then Im sure it would stir the pot of whites. The media controls people's minds. Not sure if there is video of this, if not the cop could have made up any story he wanted to.

Black people have a tendency to be more lenient towards other black people who are criminals because black people do have it harder here in the U.S. while white people don't have that same compassion towards their fellow white man who decides to take part in criminal activities for the exact opposite reason.

I just don't care about violent criminals or their "rights" regardless of their skin color.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    its purposely done by powerful people who control the media and government. Because there is little to choose from either party anymore (ya they talk good game but if elected they are the same), the only way is to divide the people somehow. Race is part of their plan.
    Dwight gets it.

Well I think he does. This is what I suspect is behind it too.

I think Australia is similar to USA, Canada and UK in many many ways. But from here it appears only the US is so racially sensitive out of those countries. Sure everyone has race issues but it really does seem like even normal people in America are very quick to think about the skin color of anyone in any news story.

Honestly, even after seeing it for years here it seems really weird to me.

Definitely not a dig at blacks. I mean anyone of any color in America is sensitive to the issue in an almost cartoonish way.

Black people have a tendency to be more lenient towards other black people who are criminals because black people do have it harder here in the U.S. while white people don't have that same compassion towards their fellow white man who decides to take part in criminal activities for the exact opposite reason.

I just don't care about violent criminals or their "rights" regardless of their skin color.
    Whilst I agree whites probably have less of a tribal mentality, it does appear the whites do care just as much as others about racial angles to issues. Even if it rarely comes from an empathy with the crim angle.

jtoler

I dont believe thats true. Not true for either race as a whole, Ive found it depends more on which type individual one can sympathize with. Most whove had, say, childhood friends who maybe got off into bad things later in life would attest to that person not really being a bad person, because they feel they know him and he made dumb decisions. Many of us grew up around people we know arnt really bad but did dumb things, maybe sold some drugs, stole something, etc.

I saw alot of compassion here with the bikers who were in the shootout with cops in Texas a few months back, why? Well Im sure because they were white for one and can identify with having perhaps known someone of that ilk in the past/present and dont really consider them bad people. There was alot of sympathizing here also with the two white escaped convicted murderers, why? Well simply because they were white.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-08-15 at 12:47 PM.

jtoler

For the record I feel the same way, angry, about this story as I do about the cops killing blacks, its just that I havent seen any video, read any eyewitness testimony or anything about it. I just know how cops can be and its a shame that someone ends up with that many bullet holes in their car over something so small, like how many times did he reload, its insane.

Kermit

I dont believe thats true. Not true for either race as a whole, Ive found it depends more on which type individual one can sympathize with. Most whove had, say, childhood friends who maybe got off into bad things later in life would attest to that person not really being a bad person, because they feel they know him and he made dumb decisions. Many of us grew up around people we know arnt really bad but did dumb things, maybe sold some drugs, stole something, etc.

I saw alot of compassion here with the bikers who were in the shootout with cops in Texas a few months back, why? Well Im sure because they were white for one and can identify with having perhaps known someone of that ilk in the past/present and dont really consider them bad people. There was alot of sympathizing here also with the two white escaped convicted murderers, why? Well simply because they were white.

That's funny because the large majority of the white people that I know wanted to see those escaped convicts killed instead of captured alive. I admit, I didn't really follow that thread here. As far as those bikers go, I don't know of anyone that felt any compassion toward them.

jtoler

That's funny because the large majority of the white people that I know wanted to see those escaped convicts killed instead of captured alive. I admit, I didn't really follow that thread here. As far as those bikers go, I don't know of anyone that felt any compassion toward them.
    Its all in the threads, I kept up with it almost every day. You cant tell me Kerm you dont feel and display an alliance when the suspect is white vs. black, Ive seen it many times, its almost natural to us humans especially living here in the States. I just read that the cop shot this kid in the back and it wasnt self defense, I want to see how far this goes, should be broadcast 24/7 like the others, should be at least a recording somewhere. Just disgusts me cops have so much power.

Optional

Its all in the threads, I kept up with it almost every day. You cant tell me Kerm you dont feel and display an alliance when the suspect is white vs. black, Ive seen it many times, its almost natural to us humans especially living here in the States. I just read that the cop shot this kid in the back and it wasnt self defense, I want to see how far this goes, should be broadcast 24/7 like the others, should be at least a recording somewhere. Just disgusts me cops have so much power.
    I might not be able to relate to black people but I feel angry about all these stories of cops killing people too. I think I can honestly say it has made zero difference to me what color the cop or victim has been in any of them. I bet you find that hard to believe or relate to but it's not only true of me, I think it's probably true of the vast majority of citizens in Canada, UK and Australia.

Cops should almost never be killing civilians. Something has gone wrong in society that not every citizen is up in arms about it imho. It 'scares' me to see people so often justifying it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

jtoler

I might not be able to relate to black people but I feel angry about all these stories of cops killing people too. I think I can honestly say it has made zero difference to me what color the cop or victim has been in any of them. I bet you find that hard to believe or relate to but it's not only true of me, I think it's probably true of the vast majority of citizens in Canada, UK and Australia.

Cops should almost never be killing civilians. Something has gone wrong in society that not every citizen is up in arms about it imho. It 'scares' me to see people so often justifying it.
    No I dont find it hard to believe, there are quite a few white people who display their emotions against injustice no matter the color, perhaps mostly female though. I may need to move to Australia or some place other than here, just trying to increase the bank account for a couple years.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-08-15 at 01:30 PM.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Just came back from Europe. They are much more civilized then the folks we have here. In the states we got to watch out for both Criminals and corrupt @ss cops.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Agenda driven, from the halls of the DOJ…….i know

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's a pretty broad generalization.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Dwight gets it.

Well I think he does. This is what I suspect is behind it too.

I think Australia is similar to USA, Canada and UK in many many ways. But from here it appears only the US is so racially sensitive out of those countries. Sure everyone has race issues but it really does seem like even normal people in America are very quick to think about the skin color of anyone in any news story.

Honestly, even after seeing it for years here it seems really weird to me.

Definitely not a dig at blacks. I mean anyone of any color in America is sensitive to the issue in an almost cartoonish way.

Whilst I agree whites probably have less of a tribal mentality, it does appear the whites do care just as much as others about racial angles to issues. Even if it rarely comes from an empathy with the crim angle.
    The "plan" isn't some conspiracy as much as simple business: groups react to racially charged situations, so the media frames it that way because it's good for business....not going to change unless people stop consuming the stories. I'd say it's hard to draw a conclusion about normal people in a country (even within it, let alone outside it) via the media; only the most vocal and/or ones who fit in with the narrative are portrayed...but in the absence of better data, it seems like the best thing to base an opinion on. Sucks for us...our country has a bad enough earned reputation in the world without this crap.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post

The "plan" isn't some conspiracy as much as simple business: groups react to racially charged situations, so the media frames it that way because it's good for business....not going to change unless people stop consuming the stories. I'd say it's hard to draw a conclusion about normal people in a country (even within it, let alone outside it) via the media; only the most vocal and/or ones who fit in with the narrative are portrayed...but in the absence of better data, it seems like the best thing to base an opinion on. Sucks for us...our country has a bad enough earned reputation in the world without this crap.
    A lot of what happens there filters down to here eventually too.