darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

John Oliver 7/12: Stadiums

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...141459136.html

I'm a fan of his half hour weekly show.
    I don't agree with everything he says, but I really liked his opinion on stadiums.

If you don't have HBO, or don't know how to follow him on youtube, here's the yahoo article.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

This is what a $2 Billion Stadium looks like.

It looks pretty amazing.

Tokyo Olympics’ National Stadium to cost $2 billion

WHEN the dust settles on the marquee venue for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, it could well be the most expensive sports stadium in the world.

The latest cost estimate of 252 billion yen (US$2 billion) would push it beyond the current record-holder, the $1.6 billion MetLife stadium completed in 2010 for the New York Jets and Giants football teams.

WHAT IS THE MONEY BUYING?

THE design of the stadium’s ribbed roof on huge steel arches resembles a bicycle helmet.

To support a natural grass field, the roof’s southern end will be translucent to let in sunlight and underground will be soil ventilation and temperature control systems.

Movable seats will bring the crowd closer for more intimate events, and this being Japan, the stadium will have earthquake-resistant features.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

When they invent automatic ball catchers I hope the taxpayers buy one for the Cowboys.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post

Following the opening ceremonies, the stadium will fly into space with Elon Musk at the controls.