Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Opie Weed is about to be Legal in Texas Bro!!!!!! Check it out

Texas Could Legalize Recreational Marijuana in 2015

By Mike Adams · Fri May 08, 2015

While a recent proposal aimed at establishing a taxed and regulated cannabis market in the state of Texas seemed to be more of a long shot than a three-legged horse coming out of the gate ass first, the motion managed to win the approval of a key legislative committee earlier this week, putting the possibility of legal weed back in action for 2015.
    The bill, which was introduced by Republican State Representative David Simpson, appeared to have been swept under the rug seemingly due to the biblical nature used to support his case. House Bill 2165 suggests the mention of marijuana be eliminated from Texas statutes, regulating it no differently than tomatoes, because God would not have put weed on this Earth if he did not intend for his people to partake.
    “All that God created is good, including marijuana,” said Simpson at a press conference in March. “God did not make a mistake when he made marijuana that the government needs to fix.”
    Regardless of your religious affiliation, it is hard to argue that the cannabis plant is an evolutionary blunder, especially in the throes of the Bible belt. Perhaps this was a contributing factor in the Texas House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee putting its seal of approval on Simpson’s bill earlier this week. Now, the concept of legalizing marijuana in Texas in a manner similar to what is currently underway in Colorado and Washington has a real chance of making it to the House floor for consideration before the legislative session comes to a screeching halt this summer.
    Marijuana proponents across the state are calling the passing of this bill a huge victory in the grand scheme of Texas pot reform, but they are not holding their breath for it to survive the legislative jungle up ahead. Just last week, the same committee threw out several bills aimed a reducing the penalties associated with marijuana possession, while the state has struggled to even pass a modest proposal aimed at legalizing a restricted medical marijuana program for seizure patients.
    Therefore, there is a great deal of mystery behind the committee’s decision to push through a bill that would essentially put weed under the same regulatory force as the alcohol industry. The only adjustment made to the bill before allowing it to advance was a minor stipulation that pot consumption would remain illegal for minors without parental consent.
    What happens next is the bill will be submitted to the committee that controls the calendar for the House floor. If it manages to receive a hearing date, it is conceivable the issue could be put up for a vote before June 1.
    Mike Adams writes for stoners and smut enthusiasts in HIGH TIMES, Playboy’s The Smoking Jacket and Hustler Magazine. You can follow him on Twitter @adamssoup and on Facebook/mikeadams73.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

“All that God created is good, including marijuana,” said Simpson at a press conference in March. “God did not make a mistake when he made marijuana that the government needs to fix.”

Amen to that

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

opie get out and vote June 1st.

if they legalize it i am moving to Texas bro

we might be neighbors

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Unbelievable. They still have people in jail doing big time for possession of a roach.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

opie June 1st man get out and vote

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

opie?

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

June 2014

AUSTIN, Texas -
    An Austin Superior Court judge sentenced 34 year old Joseph Goldsmith to death row yesterday, after Goldsmith was picked up on his third offense for marijuana possession.
    Judge Martin Churchill said during the trial that he had “already seen [Goldsmith] twice” and that “the third time was the charm.”
    “If a man cannot get his act together, and he is arrested multiple times for the same crime, then I have no choice but to hand out the swiftest and harshest punishment I can.” Said Churchill. “In this case, the public needs to know how the state of Texas deals with repeat offenders, especially when they are drug-related crimes.”
    Goldsmith, who has no other arrests on his report other than the previous two convictions for misdemeanor marijuana possession, was visibly upset when the verdict was read.
    “I cannot believe it. This is like a nightmare.” Said Goldsmith, in tears after the hearing. “It was just a couple of joints. This isn’t right.”

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Amen to that
    I mean "God" created opium as well and that shit can get nasty

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    June 2014

AUSTIN, Texas -
    An Austin Superior Court judge sentenced 34 year old Joseph Goldsmith to death row yesterday, after Goldsmith was picked up on his third offense for marijuana possession.
    Judge Martin Churchill said during the trial that he had “already seen [Goldsmith] twice” and that “the third time was the charm.”
    “If a man cannot get his act together, and he is arrested multiple times for the same crime, then I have no choice but to hand out the swiftest and harshest punishment I can.” Said Churchill. “In this case, the public needs to know how the state of Texas deals with repeat offenders, especially when they are drug-related crimes.”
    Goldsmith, who has no other arrests on his report other than the previous two convictions for misdemeanor marijuana possession, was visibly upset when the verdict was read.
    “I cannot believe it. This is like a nightmare.” Said Goldsmith, in tears after the hearing. “It was just a couple of joints. This isn’t right.”
    Sounds more like Iran than somewhere in the USA

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Sounds more like Iran than somewhere in the USA
    yeah did that article really say they gave a guy the death penalty for a weed possesion charge?

i thought the only thing u could get the death penalty for was murder...?

seems like that would cause riots to me.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

given that there are no "superior" courts in Texas, you can rest assured this is complete and total bullshit

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    given that there are no "superior" courts in Texas, you can rest assured this is complete and total bullshit
    the part about the guy getting the death penalty?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

pure bullshit as well, i presume..........