recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    sorry, bobby... nothing personal buddy.. we disagree and thats all good.... its just that chick gives a ton of money to anti-gay groups, are very vocal about it and they are literally trying to get into other peoples business... just leave people the fukk alone when they dont agree with the same things you believe... stop passing ignorant judgment, stop the bigotry and for fukksakes, stop pushing all the goddamn god theory and bible bullshit on people...prove there is a god and then you can do all that hypocritical shit you want... worship who and how you like, but they should stop trying to slander and stop trying to control others with their own unproven beliefs ... the bible is not law

and yes, chick fil a day is a day where they urge and plead with christians to come buy something and show support against gay people... it might not be considered "begging" in the real sense of the word, but surely you understand where im coming from... part of their proceeds go to anti gay groups so that anti gay groups can spread more illiterate hate...

seeing gay stuff grosses me out as much as the next, but you dont see me taking up money to give to a group so they have funds to start slandering campaigns based on nothing more than an ancient book full of bullshit and an all but debunked theory about an all mighty creator ...

thats all i got for this one...
    Dog, you appear to be an intelligent person who's thought about God. Let me ask you what is the #1 factor that has lead you to your conclusion that the God of Jesus isn't real? Not a drawn out rant, but a 'hey, this one reason is nuttier than squirrel shit and i can't believe because of this' type reasoning.

Thanks

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    The issue (for some) regarding the Chic-Fil place was not that they closed Sundays or that they were even a Christian business.

What caused the initial issue was their direct support of a Christian organization which was instrumental in supporting organizations in Africa that were trying to make homosexuality punishable by jail or even death.

The Klan considers itself a Christian organization. So does the Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party. Not all religious organizations are the same.

You're saying if McDonalds was donating to muslim outreach organization that happened to have a few incidents involving their members that there would be no mention or issue for....many Xians?

When religion is the basis to dictate/influence public school curriculum, criminalize consensual adult behavior, or flat out advocate discrimination purely based on the teachings of a bronze age storybook - then yeah, it's not really under the "live and let live" heading that causes the problem for people.
    If I can get a good meal, at a good price, that's all I care about.
    I have more important things to think about than what organziation might be tied to another.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    If I can get a good meal, at a good price, that's all I care about..

I explained why the controversy started.

If Chic-Fil donated a portion of sales to a fund that directly paid for abortions, anti-gun lobbying and liberal super-pacs, I'm sure you wouldn't change your eating habits - but others might (not that long ago right wingers were trying to organize boycotts of Chrysler..progressive insurance...capital one....)

stevenash

^
    I'm a republican and I use Share Builders (Capital One) for online investing.
    lol

I wonder who TD is tied with?
    That's where I park my money.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    I'm a republican and I use Share Builders (Capital One) for online investing.
    lol

I wonder who TD is tied with?
    That's where I park my money.
    Oh it's no secret you're a republican. Was merely saying that most people have a line.

stevenash

^
    But let's not lose sight of the fact a republican who has no problem crossing the party line.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Im sure god is flattered
    I'm sure He is, as He knows I believe in Him.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Third Day said it best

"The best case against Christianity is Christians"

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Third Day said it best

"The best case against Christianity is Christians"
    Matthew 5:11

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Thanks for the blessing! coming from an effeminate male burnout is extra special, because you are doing your part in fullfilling other scripture.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Sundays are days off at Chick Fil A

First 12