Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Computer Question About Copy and Pasting

My computer will allow me to copy and paste a website address. It won't let me do it with text from a website. I am have the same problem on Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. Any suggestions?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    My computer will allow me to copy and paste a website address. It won't let me do it with text from a website. I am have the same problem on Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. Any suggestions?
    If you know you are doing it correctly and it is not just a particular website that has it disabled for that page, then it could be some sort of anti-virus trojan stopper application you have installed.

Some of them have a function to prevent anything copying or taking a screenshot of webpages, to stop password stealing trojans.

If it is that there should be a setting to either disable it when you need to, or turn it off on all but pages you nominate. Like your internet banking site.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

certain websites wont allow you to copy/embed/cut things out in order to be shared.
    but if its not letting you do it on any website its def on your end of course there
    weird that multiple browsers are doing this, that was my first guess to tell you to do is switch browsers
    I cant imagine it being anything on your internet preferences in your options on either browser either....
    so this is something that has always happened or just recently ?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Just started in the last few days. I was using Internet Explorer a couple of days ago, and it would allow me to copy the website links, but would not allow me to copy any of the text from all of the websites I tried. I moved to Google Chrome, and its doing the same thing.

I'm already having problems with Google chrome. Every time I log into it I get the message, "Your profile could not be opened correctly. Some features may not be available. Please check that the profile exists and you have permission to read and write its contents." If I close Google Chrome, I can't reopen it again unless I restart my computer. I've already tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it back in, but it does the same thing. Also tried a system restore with no luck.

Optional

Chrome issue sounds like the user data file on your computer is corrupted. If you create a new user profile it should fix that.
    Points Awarded:

Mr KLC gave Optional 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Chrome issue sounds like the user data file on your computer is corrupted. If you create a new user profile it should fix that.
    Setting up a new user profile solved both problems. Thanks Optional!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Setting up a new user profile solved both problems. Thanks Optional!
    Interesting that the Chrome problem had that weird effect in IE too.

I thought just not using it would avoid the Google tracking it has built in but this makes it sound like Chrome wants to log what you do in other browsers too.

Might uninstall it totally I think.
    Last edited by Optional; 04-04-15 at 01:26 PM.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Optional, you're one of the well-rounded guys here.

Cheers!