Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

How do you unlock an iPad Air?

Found an iPad Air at Starbucks. Restored it to factory settings. Unfortunately I cannot finish the activation process because it's locked. Downloaded some program that i thought would do the trick but it was virus with adware, malware, etc. Can anyone help?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Stealing people's expensive electronics is not cool mane.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

seaweed is that you?

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    Found an iPad Air at Starbucks. Restored it to factory settings. Unfortunately I cannot finish the activation process because it's locked. Downloaded some program that i thought would do the trick but it was virus with adware, malware, etc. Can anyone help?
    ask the owner
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: muldoon, MadTiger, and blueghost

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

your next post may be How do you unlock a jail lock from the local pen

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I found this mustang in the parking lot. Anyone know how to hot wire it?

Tchocky

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    I didn't steal it. I found it. Big difference.

Tchocky

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    I found this mustang in the parking lot. Anyone know how to hot wire it?
    Really funny....not.

cashin81
    hvob

doesnt mean shit. The I pad still has an owner, s/he just lost it. That doesnt mean its not theirs anymore.
    You have to at least attempt to track down the owner, before taking it.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    doesnt mean shit. The I pad still has an owner, s/he just lost it. That doesnt mean its not theirs anymore.
    penetrate this dude. "Finds" it and immediately, tries to wipe it clean. Probably "found" it when the person went to the bathroom or got up to order a drink.

Hope they had tracking on that shit.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

unless there was a shovel and sieve involved, I don't think the difference is that big.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I'm going to go to the gun range today and "find me" some guns. Dibs!! found it!!

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

can't they track it based on GPS?

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    can't they track it based on GPS?
    Yes

Thankfully for OP the owners of the Ipad dont look to be too tech savvy otherwise OP wouldve had a visit by now...

horja1
    Grrrrrr

where I'm from it is usually illegal to keep things you find

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Ipads have a "find my iphone" app on them. As soon as the owner looks it up on his computer, he's going to know exactly where you're at

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Its not my job to return an item I found on the ground..they should track you down...if there is a # on it yeah Ill call and return it...otherwise...tough luck....been on the losing side of it too...
    Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Its not my job to return an item I found on the ground..
    in that case just leave it there ... maybe the owner will come back to check for it

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Op = POS. Guy probably went to get another cup of coffee, left it there while doing so and this POS swiped it off the table and out the door he went.

We might be degenerate gamblers, but we aren't thieves. We would at least leave the I pad with the manager of the store.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Its not my job to return an item I found on the ground..they should track you down...if there is a # on it yeah Ill call and return it...otherwise...tough luck....been on the losing side of it too...
    Just because someone was a dick to you doesnt mean you have to be a dick to the next person when the roles are reversed.

Looking back...guess i was luckly the time or 2 i lost shit...people actually tracked me down to return what i had lost.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

I lost a wallet once with almost 2500 on cash. Guy picked it up and called me on the spot. Waited 30 mins for me to get there and pick it up with his 4 year old. Gave him $300 "finders fee" and told him to buy his kid something nice. At first he refused reward but after I insisted he almost started crying as he had a massive run of bad luck and this money helped him Immensly.

I asked him why he didn't just take the cash out of wallet as it was obviously there. Made it clear it was never his and his parents had raised him Not to take stuff that wasn't his and he was going to raise his kid the same way.

so however small there is still hope for people on this day and age.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chachi

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Op = POS. Guy probably went to get another cup of coffee, left it there while doing so
    and this POS swiped it off the table and out the door he went.
    Or some mom stopped in with her kid. Kid leaves the ipad behind. Op feels like a champ.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I lost a wallet once with almost 2500 on cash. Guy picked it up and called me on the spot. Waited 30 mins for me to get there and pick it up with his 4 year old. Gave him $300 "finders fee" and told him to buy his kid something nice. At first he refused reward but after I insisted he almost started crying as he had a massive run of bad luck and this money helped him Immensly.

I asked him why he didn't just take the cash out of wallet as it was obviously there. Made it clear it was never his and his parents had raised him Not to take stuff that wasn't his and he was going to raise his kid the same way.

so however small there is still hope for people on this day and age.
    my wife lost her wallet at the mall ... some security guy found it and called her letting her know he left the wallet at the info stand ...

one of my colleagues left his wallet on the table at the same mall ... he realized it after 30 minutes, drove back to the mall but the walett was not at the table anymore ... he went to the info stand and found it there

cashin81
    hvob

Its not a free for all, we cant all just go to coffee shops and pick up i pads to take home.
    Legally (Im in uk,) you have to make an effort to track the owner down before claiming something, if you cant do that - then leave the item at starbucks.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    what is an ipad air?

ipads are cheap no?

took mine to the pawn shop to see how much i could get for it and they only offered me $50 so i said no thanks

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what is an ipad air?
    It's like an ipad. Except...it's made out of air.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

what is an ipad air?

ipads are cheap no?

took mine to the pawn shop to see how much i could get for it and they only offered me $50 so i said no thanks
    Its all relative bear.

I don't actually have any idea what an I-Pad air costs as I have never owned a tablet. I don't see the point.

cashin81
    hvob

what is an ipad air?

ipads are cheap no?

bear you probably have the first i pad.
    $50? still a terrible offer.
    Bear i dont like apple, bear many companies were making mp3 players before apple came in with the ipod

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah mine is old

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Apple iPad Air 16GB Wi-Fi
    $349.00

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I can't believe everyone is pounding the OP like he's scum?

If he did happen to find it.... (without actually stealing it) I don't see anything wrong with it. Only HE truly knows if he scammed it or not.

Yes, we'd all love to live in a world that when we lose an expensive item... we hope that it gets returned immediately. DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

So cut the guy some slack. If you do the good deed and return it... you're suppose to get back 3X in life. That's how the saying goes.

But... like I said... to each their own... do as you want. But don't hammer the dude. We've all lost something $100 or more in our lives. And no one was there to bail us out.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Icloud - some people on ebay could make the work at 190 dollars.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I can't believe everyone is pounding the OP like he's scum?

If he did happen to find it.... (without actually stealing it) I don't see anything wrong with it. Only HE truly knows if he scammed it or not.

Yes, we'd all love to live in a world that when we lose an expensive item... we hope that it gets returned immediately. DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

So cut the guy some slack. If you do the good deed and return it... you're suppose to get back 3X in life. That's how the saying goes.

But... like I said... to each their own... do as you want. But don't hammer the dude. We've all lost something $100 or more in our lives. And no one was there to bail us out.
    Why not just leave the item at the store in case the owner comes back to claim it?

That would be the right thing to do

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Why not just leave the item at the store in case the owner comes back to claim it?

That would be the right thing to do
    Yes, I would agree. I wouldn't touch it. I'm just saying... everyone reacts differently to that kind of situation. But trust me... If you had an old Samsung Galaxy s3 phone just laying out on a treadmill at the gym... it would be gone within 2 minutes. We all need to watch our valuables. Even if the OP didn't take it... someone would of... it's the way it is.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

Evolved137
    Evolved137's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

First off, there is not malware that can be downloaded and accepted onto an iPad, this isn't window's...jeez. Second, I was going to tell you exactly what to do as i work with these devices daily, until you mentioned icloud lock. If it were any other lock, i could easily assist you.

Recovery Mode, DFU mode, nothing is going to get you past the iOS7+ installed feature of icloud lock out. May as well stop trying now.

I pay more for a shattered ipad with both the screen and sensor's shattered than i would a icloud locked device. You'll find the same if you want to try and sell it. You may find someone to give you $25 just so they can try and rip someone off before they notice, though.

edit---i bet you (we are on SBR, eh?) that if you returned it or even just left it sitting on a table and walked away, that karma would come back your way and within a week, a month, or down the line youll have an even nicer iPad in your hand's.

By the way, most of the people that are offering you to send them your locked device and unlock it for cash are going to do the same thing you did....you know where im going with that.

I could bypass the icloud lock. But you coldn't send 10units to my book for me to write you the details. It's unethical. I believe in Karma, because everytime ive made a decision i find what comes around always goes around, and i'd rather not have something coming my way except positive vibes.

One more guarantee i will make is that you won't find any information online. Good luck

-Apple Dev since 2008
    Last edited by Evolved137; 03-16-15 at 11:00 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: muldoon, and mikejamm

12 Last