Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Why is it People Drive Angry on Monday Mornings?????

I was given the bird on my way to work this morning and several cars were blowing horns at each other....

Also why do cars speed up when you pull out infront of them?

do they not know they will fukk up their car if they hit me?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

this is the morning that statistically people get into more traffic accidents because of the lost hour from daylight savings.

everyone is groggy and bent out of shape from getting cheated an hour of sleep

at least that's the theory

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I love it when people are on your ass racing to a red light. Those are the imbeciles that need a brake change every 2 years. Jack asses.

Never quite understood the logic behind that?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I love it when people are on your ass racing to a red light. Those are the imbeciles that need a brake change every 2 years. Jack asses.

You're not one of those people that back off 50 yards before the line and try to coast slow enough so you dont need to fully stop are you?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

!!GET THE FUK OUT WAY!! IM LATE!!

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You're not one of those people that back off 50 yards before the line and try to coast slow enough so you dont need to fully stop are you?
    LOL No. I check my rearview. If there's quite some distance... I take my foot off the accelerator a tad... but if you're up on me... I go the usual speed.

My point is... if the speed limit is 45... and you're doing 49 or so.... and you make a hard brake at the light... what exactly are you trying to do???
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave TheMoneyShot 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

or one my pet peeves of all-time...you are getting ready to go off an exit and some asshole comes speeding from out of nowhere and then cuts you off because he wants to get on the exit ramp before you do...never mind the fact that there is no other car behind me and 500 feet of space to get behind me!...

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Optional

LOL No. I check my rearview. If there's quite some distance... I take my foot off the accelerator a tad... but if you're up on me... I go the usual speed.

My point is... if the speed limit is 45... and you're doing 49 or so.... and you make a hard brake at the light... what exactly are you trying to do???
    I'm a bit of a lead foot. Can afford new brake pads when needed

Apart from the slow coaster to the lights, the people who sit in the fast lane exactly on the speed limit are my next most unfavorite road users.

TheMoneyShot

Apart from the slow coaster to the lights, the people who sit in the fast lane exactly on the speed limit are my next most unfavorite road users.
    LOL It's all good Optional. I have a Suburban and it burns fuel like crazy... with in reason... I do those things to save a $1 or too. I would never get in anyone's way though. I just don't get the morning commute... like... why the race to get to work??? I think some people do the routine too much... and they need to just chill out and pace themselves more. But racing to a red light... I just don't get it. I see it every morning...

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Everybody should smoke some pot after breakfast.....sometimes i look around at a red light and all i see is bitter and angry people. Hell, im the only one smiling at my office.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

,the people who sit in the fast lane exactly on the speed limit are my next most unfavorite road users.
    No doubt. Or they go the exact same speed as the lane next to them, so you can't pass them at all.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2422

the bear works?
    someone pays him to do something?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ADR51 View Post
    Everybody should smoke some pot after breakfast.....sometimes i look around at a red light and all i see is bitter and angry people. Hell, im the only one smiling at my office.
    The guy at 4m56s agrees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNWM...utu.be&t=4m56s

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Monday mornings suck, no doubt...

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

These are the same retards that cry about how much they spend on gas and auto maintenance. Not everyone can be intelligent.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

50% of drivers are out of touch (just MY guess!) with what they are doing (texting/talking, in a got damn hurry, DUMB - do not read traffic lights OR PATTERNS -the list seems endless.)
    Whoever above suggested a toke or two might have been on to something!!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

has anyone else ever heard of that theory that if you just drive the posted speed limit you should be able to hit all the traffic lights green?

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Sounds like a lot of people had a case of the Mondays yesterday.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post

These are the same retards that cry about how much they spend on gas and auto maintenance. Not everyone can be intelligent.
    I usually run my tires at 40 psi warm. I've done a lot of research with tire air pressure and calculated patterns etc. Everyone claims running high air pressure wears out the tires more. Not really true. My first set of stock tires lasted 62,000 miles before a change. I've driven 64,000 miles without a brake change yet. So... knock on wood... I've saved money. Of course... I drive the Z71 series... I don't exactly know what rotor and pads are on there already??? Whatever GM puts on there... they really are pretty damn cool.

FYI - My previous vehicles in my life never lasted over 60,000 miles before a tire change (not even close.) I ran around 35 psi warm.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

reality sets back in?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Take bus

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

I agree with you, this gets me too however, there is an exception which is just as infuriating: When someone is coasting towards a red light in busy traffic and cars in the other lane or from a side street get the opportunity to get in front of that car, making you loose a bunch of spots. Very annoying when many cars get in front of the car in front of you, and you have to catch the red light twice!

So given the circumstance, to answer your question; the above, that's why.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

What I can't stand, this is probably dumber than anything else mentioned; when you're going the speed limit and someone suddenly speeds up behind you right up your ass, there's a lane or two next to you with no one else on either road!

Optional

I usually run my tires at 40 psi warm. I've done a lot of research with tire air pressure and calculated patterns etc. Everyone claims running high air pressure wears out the tires more. Not really true. My first set of stock tires lasted 62,000 miles before a change. I've driven 64,000 miles without a brake change yet. So... knock on wood... I've saved money. Of course... I drive the Z71 series... I don't exactly know what rotor and pads are on there already??? Whatever GM puts on there... they really are pretty damn cool.

FYI - My previous vehicles in my life never lasted over 60,000 miles before a tire change (not even close.) I ran around 35 psi warm.
    Higher tire pressure can increase life (as long as not too high) but it does reduce grip.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post

I agree with you, this gets me too however, there is an exception which is just as infuriating: When someone is coasting towards a red light in busy traffic and cars in the other lane or from a side street get the opportunity to get in front of that car, making you loose a bunch of spots. Very annoying when many cars get in front of the car in front of you, and you have to catch the red light twice!

So given the circumstance, to answer your question; the above, that's why.
    I would never get in anyone's way. When I'm coasting or whatever... and I'm not in the mood to play Speedy Gonzalez... I stay in the slow lane. It just shows you how wired/routine wise during morning commute. It sucks going to work... but I just don't get the race course to get there every morning? People will be people. Everyone practically takes the same route... you typically know when the light changes... but there are some that want to race to red lights.

Higher tire pressure can increase life (as long as not too high) but it does reduce grip.
    I noticed a slight change in gripping. My tires are only about 3,000 miles old (new set). Went through a winter already... I have 4 wheel drive... and still took it easy... you never know where ice may be. Thanks for the advice Optional.