Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Who Do You Think Will Win the 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION?

And why?

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

The wicked witch,because the GOP can't field a suitable candidate unfortunately
    Attached Images  

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by dfish View Post
    What about Santorum or Jeb Bush?

Seaweed
    Update your status

Donald Trump should be president.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Donald Trump should be president.
    What about Rudy ?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by dfish View Post
    I was going to same the same person but for a different, more accurate albeit sad, reason.

People like rkelly,thor,scumbag,muldoon and their kin who have been brainwashed by their parents will vote left no matter what their stance is. The only thing hilary has to imply is republicans are greedy or evil, wave the same moral flag that usually works and they will eat it right up; again. Voters on the right are the same way except they made up for it with the drug war and Iraq War. Basically the democrats do tiny things that add up to ruining this nation(mainly revoking your rights), while the republicans drive a nail once a decade with tyrannical consequences.

The problem is there is just more of the dem sheep going out to vote. I used to think the electoral college was a scam... lol thank god for that or holy hell, couldn't even imagine bad this country would be with Californians and their genius ideas governing the nation.
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-04-15 at 06:21 PM.

Seaweed
    Update your status

liberalism is a mental disorder
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ArchieBunker

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

who hijacked seaweeds account?

he's actually made a statement that I agree with

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

What about Santorum or Jeb Bush?
    Santorum

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I was going to same the same person but for a different, more accurate albeit sad, reason.

People like rkelly,thor,scumbag,muldoon and their kin who have been brainwashed by their parents will vote left no matter what their stance is. The only thing hilary has to imply is republicans are greedy or evil, wave the same moral flag that usually works and they will eat it right up; again. Voters on the right are the same way except they made up for it with the drug war and Iraq War. Basically the democrats do tiny things that add up to ruining this nation(mainly revoking your rights), while the republicans drive a nail once a decade with tyrannical consequences.

The problem is there is just more of the dem sheep going out to vote. I used to think the electoral college was a scam... lol thank god for that or holy hell, couldn't even imagine bad this country would be with Californians and their genius ideas governing the nation.
    Probably right about too many sheep heading to the polls...I think last time, it was about 98% sheep, 2% informed/rational voters.

Interestingly, there's a proposed shortcut around electoral college, and California is on board: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...rstate_Compact Looks like a pretty good idea to me, and would be nice to see a problem solved while adhering to the Constitution

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

kept quiet on this matter for the most part
    but now is a good time to say LOL at the people who voted in Obama twice
    Points Awarded:

Seaweed gave Fidel_CashFlow 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Probably right about too many sheep heading to the polls...I think last time, it was about 98% sheep, 2% informed/rational voters.

Interestingly, there's a proposed shortcut around electoral college, and California is on board: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...rstate_Compact Looks like a pretty good idea to me, and would be nice to see a problem solved while adhering to the Constitution
    hmm, I don't find it interesting at all considering the obvious supporters. That should speak volumes to you, hopefully as to whether you should think it is a good idea or not.

Triple_D_Bet

hmm, I don't find it interesting at all considering the obvious supporters. That should speak volumes to you, hopefully as to whether you should think it is a good idea or not.

The balance of states' influence and citizens' influence is achieved fairly well with two houses of congress I think, although it would be far more effective if we held congressmen to their duties instead of letting the executive take the power/credit/blame.

Getting rid of the electoral college is a good thing regardless of the fact that most people make uninformed votes for President, and which states support it has nothing to do with anything. The states are pledging all of their votes to the winner of the national popular vote, not their own individual votes. So if enough agree, every vote counts, less gamesmanship ensues and people might actually have a reason to vote if they're in a deeply red/blue state...how is that not the better answer?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Could we please elect someone that will uphold the constitution - you know, like they promise to do while taking the oath of office?
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave VeggieDog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Seaweed gave VeggieDog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Could we please elect someone that will uphold the constitution - you know, like they promise to do while taking the oath of office?
    The Vote Is Wrong.jpg

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

until we limit terms it doesn't matter what puppet gets elected

must be nice to become a lifer and get executive hot towel service

they have us trained well
    Last edited by innovation; 03-04-15 at 09:42 PM.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    until we limit terms it doesn't matter what puppet gets elected

must be nice to become a lifer and get executive hot towel service

they have us trained well
    What would that accomplish, except possibly force them to act more corruptly? There's no shortage of people just as bad ready to take their place

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

you're certifiable.

conservatives are dumber than liberals, fact. for anecdotal evidence i present to the audience, SEAWEED!!!

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

no way

until they work for us the people, nothing will change

if the voice of the people chooses corruption over good then they will reap what they sow

right now they don't give a red cent, what happens to us, or what burdens, injustices, debt they throw on us.

i believe the way to get the best performance it based off accountability

with short terms they get the hook or perform, we would get the cream of the crop

brooks85

The balance of states' influence and citizens' influence is achieved fairly well with two houses of congress I think, although it would be far more effective if we held congressmen to their duties instead of letting the executive take the power/credit/blame.

Getting rid of the electoral college is a good thing regardless of the fact that most people make uninformed votes for President, and which states support it has nothing to do with anything. The states are pledging all of their votes to the winner of the national popular vote, not their own individual votes. So if enough agree, every vote counts, less gamesmanship ensues and people might actually have a reason to vote if they're in a deeply red/blue state...how is that not the better answer?

right there is the problem, those words combined with the picture I posted. Thank the lord for the electoral college! Couldn't emphasize this enough. And, again, I used to think it was the biggest scam until someone quickly struck me down with the logic I posted. Imagine the country without the electoral college... wow. I'd be dead, that is for sure.
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-04-15 at 10:16 PM.

Triple_D_Bet

right there is the problem, those words combined with the picture I posted. Thank the lord for the electoral college! Couldn't emphasize this enough.
    Can you name a single presidential election where the electoral college gave us a good President instead of a bad one?

brooks85

Can you name a single presidential election where the electoral college gave us a good President instead of a bad one?
    no but you're missing the point, you know that saying about the devil you know?

Can you imagine you the utter shit storm you'd been in if California and New York decided your president every cycle? Personally, I get a chuckle thinking about it. Laws like 10 rounds maximum magazines? Thank god those people are leashed by the electoral college. lol did you see they just passed a law for bullets to be microstamped by a technology that doesn't even exist?

score one for the criminals again.

brooks85

lol

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...ostamping.html

these people seriously hate freedom. Anyone who thinks Obama isn't a terrorist is a complete moron; anyone who thinks California is full of coherent Americans is a moron.

Triple_D_Bet

no but you're missing the point, you know that saying about the devil you know?

Can you imagine you the utter shit storm you'd been in if California and New York decided your president every cycle? Personally, I get a chuckle thinking about it. Laws like 10 rounds maximum magazines? Thank god those people are leashed by the electoral college. lol did you see they just passed a law for bullets to be microstamped by a technology that doesn't even exist?

score one for the criminals again.
    The entire point is that statewide majorities of voters would have less power, not more. Under the current system, these big states pick winners more than they would under the proposed system...read it again.

Triple_D_Bet

lol

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...ostamping.html

these people seriously hate freedom. Anyone who thinks Obama isn't a terrorist is a complete moron; anyone who thinks California is full of coherent Americans is a moron.
    Can't argue with the first, Obama is a terrorist the same as most Presidents in recent history for sure. As for the last, making such broad assumptions isn't exactly a sign of coherency

brooks85

The entire point is that statewide majorities of voters would have less power, not more. Under the current system, these big states pick winners more than they would under the proposed system...read it again.
    I get what you're saying.

Again, history has taught me that is not what it will achieve. Why? Because that is exactly what they told you it will achieve.

You asked me to name a president?

Well, I'll make it easy for you. Name me a law.

It isn't a broad assumption. Either you support what California does or get out. The most guilty is the guy who sits there and does nothing.

Triple_D_Bet

I get what you're saying.

Again, history has taught me that is not what it will achieve. Why? Because that is exactly what they told you it will achieve.

You asked me to name a president?

Well, I'll make it easy for you. Name me a law.

It isn't a broad assumption. Either you support what California does or get out. The most guilty is the guy who sits there and does nothing.
    So if someone else tells you something, it can't be true? The compact would ensure popular vote is most accurately represented, nothing more, nothing less.

Name you a law for what?

I don't support what California usually does; I vote against it, I'm still here and I'm not the only one...so it appears you're broadly assuming

brooks85

here is a couple more reasons why you shouldn't support it

No. Jurisdiction Current
    Electoral
    votes (EV)
    Date adopted
    1 Maryland 10 April 10, 2007
    2 New Jersey 14 January 13, 2008
    3 Illinois 20 April 7, 2008
    4 Hawaii 4 May 1, 2008
    5 Washington 12 April 28, 2009
    6 Massachusetts 11 August 4, 2010
    7 District of Columbia 3 December 7, 2010
    8 Vermont 3 April 22, 2011
    9 California 55 August 8, 2011
    10 Rhode Island 4 July 12, 2013
    11 New York 29 April 15, 2014
    Total 165 (61.1% of the 270 EV needed)

1. that should alarm you. Check out my "future usa" thread if you want to see how to easily deduce why you should be very hesitant of this idea.

2. Change; it should happen slowly, very slowly. Look at those dates, all within 7 years, that is not slow, that is a calculated effort and it sure as hell is not for your benefit.

also that is why I said coherent Americans for California, it is very accurate to their logical inconsistency when it comes to voting. Doesn't mean everyone there is guilty, just majority who vote. They keep becoming less and less like America, even businesses are leaving. I know you couldn't pay me enough to live there purely on principle.
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-04-15 at 11:18 PM.

brooks85

So if someone else tells you something, it can't be true? The compact would ensure popular vote is most accurately represented, nothing more, nothing less.

Name you a law for what?

I don't support what California usually does; I vote against it, I'm still here and I'm not the only one...so it appears you're broadly assuming
    give me a recent law or amendment that actually did what it was sold to do like how you asked to give me a president elected by electoral college that actually was good. And I'm not talking about some petty crap, you're talking about changing the electoral college. Give me an amendment, law, even a bill that benefits you to that level of change you're supporting.

Once you don't find one then ask yourself why would they start now?

Hey, and don't get me wrong, I hope I'm wrong. But, I'm probably not. I'd certainly love for the idea of what you're saying to be true coupled with a nation of competent voters. That seems to be asking way too much, barely half the country votes to begin with then you need count in the ever growing numbers of liberals. This idea to change the electoral college could actually make them stronger in 20 years, which is probably exactly what they are thinking. Remember country is going to be 40% hispanic by 2050 and they by large do not and will not vote republicans regardless of their stances.
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-04-15 at 11:35 PM.

Triple_D_Bet

here is a couple more reasons why you shouldn't support it

No. Jurisdiction Current
    Electoral
    votes (EV)
    Date adopted
    1 Maryland 10 April 10, 2007
    2 New Jersey 14 January 13, 2008
    3 Illinois 20 April 7, 2008
    4 Hawaii 4 May 1, 2008
    5 Washington 12 April 28, 2009
    6 Massachusetts 11 August 4, 2010
    7 District of Columbia 3 December 7, 2010
    8 Vermont 3 April 22, 2011
    9 California 55 August 8, 2011
    10 Rhode Island 4 July 12, 2013
    11 New York 29 April 15, 2014
    Total 165 (61.1% of the 270 EV needed)

1. that should alarm you. Check out my "future usa" thread if you want to see how to easily deduce why you should be very hesitant of this idea.

2. Change; it should happen slowly, very slowly. Look at those dates, all within 7 years, that is not slow, that is a calculated effort and it sure as hell is not for your benefit.

also that is why I said coherent Americans for California, it is very accurate to their logical inconsistency when it comes to voting. Doesn't mean everyone there is guilty, just majority who vote. They keep becoming less and less like America, even businesses are leaving. I know you couldn't pay me enough to live there purely on principle.
    Once again, which states support this has no impact on what it accomplishes...unless you can come up with some specific unintended consequence of the agreement, there's no reason to care.

Can you give any reason to support why all change should happen very slowly? Or any logical reason that things happening quickly are always bad?

Californians aren't appreciably less logically inconsistent than anyone else believe it or not...same pattern around the country unfortunately. California is one of the more visible failures of the all-too-common way of thinking, but even a place like Texas is dominated by people who don't value rights and freedoms (or at least not the ones they don't think people should have).

give me a recent law or amendment that actually did what it was sold to do like how you asked to give me a president elected by electoral college that actually was good. And I'm not talking about some petty crap, you're talking about changing the electoral college. Give me an amendment, law, even a bill that benefits you to that level of change you're supporting.

Once you don't find one then ask yourself why would they start now?
    We haven't had a law like that in a long time, mainly because laws these days are overly complicated to try to mesh with an overly complicated legal system when they're not just politicians shoveling pork. However, none of that changes the facts: this is an extremely simple law, and it can't really do anything except accomplish its extremely narrow purpose.

The electoral college was created out of pettiness, and is used by petty people to try to game the system one way or another. Just because you can't give an explanation to justify your fear of the agreement doesn't make it something worth fearing.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

And why?
    Why not✏

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Who's going to win the GOP nomination?

brooks85

Once again, which states support this has no impact on what it accomplishes...unless you can come up with some specific unintended consequence of the agreement, there's no reason to care.

Can you give any reason to support why all change should happen very slowly? Or any logical reason that things happening quickly are always bad?

Californians aren't appreciably less logically inconsistent than anyone else believe it or not...same pattern around the country unfortunately. California is one of the more visible failures of the all-too-common way of thinking, but even a place like Texas is dominated by people who don't value rights and freedoms (or at least not the ones they don't think people should have).

We haven't had a law like that in a long time, mainly because laws these days are overly complicated to try to mesh with an overly complicated legal system when they're not just politicians shoveling pork. However, none of that changes the facts: this is an extremely simple law, and it can't really do anything except accomplish its extremely narrow purpose.

The electoral college was created out of pettiness, and is used by petty people to try to game the system one way or another. Just because you can't give an explanation to justify your fear of the agreement doesn't make it something worth fearing.
    Evolution, there is a good one I'd say?

Rapid expansion of entitlements, war on drugs, the NSA, DHS, net neutrality, Obama(mr change himself so that is about 10+ things obamacare the shining example), NAFTA, GFC regulations, could go on all night.

To put a cherry on it, have you ever heard of the cobra effect in India? Seems odd how it feels strikingly similar.

brooks85

lol no, it was created when people in government actually looked out for your interest, what it has become, of course, is corrupt. But, again that goes back to the devil you know. I'll take him gladly since he hasn't let us down yet. You may enjoy losing freedoms over and over, I do not and without the electoral college democrats would never lose. If you're arguing if we could have your compact 50 years ago then sure, you win. As it stands, history worked out the way it did and the electoral college has allowed me to retain some of my rights that I will never give up.

you really don't realize how thankful you should be for it huh? Well, I know why, you live in California enjoy that lol
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-05-15 at 12:02 AM.

Triple_D_Bet

Evolution, there is a good one I'd say?

Rapid expansion of entitlements, war on drugs, the NSA, DHS, net neutrality, Obama(mr change himself so that is about 10+ things obamacare the shining example), NAFTA, GFC regulations, could go on all night.

To put a cherry on it, have you ever heard of the cobra effect in India? Seems odd how it feels strikingly similar.
    Some changes work better slowly; I wouldn't say evolution is one of them, but regardless, some changes working better slowly doesn't mean all things must change slowly to be good

Poor decisions are poor decisions based on their lack of merit, not because of the speed with which they're enacted.

Hadn't heard of it called the cobra effect, but yes, I'm aware of unintended consequences, as I mentioned them above...I also asked you to identify what possible unintended consequences you thought this could bring about to justify your fear of it, and haven't heard anything yet. looks like you added some stuff.

Hey, and don't get me wrong, I hope I'm wrong. But, I'm probably not. I'd certainly love for the idea of what you're saying to be true coupled with a nation of competent voters. That seems to be asking way too much, barely half the country votes to begin with then you need count in the ever growing numbers of liberals. This idea to change the electoral college could actually make them stronger in 20 years, which is probably exactly what they are thinking. Remember country is going to be 40% hispanic by 2050 and they by large do not and will not vote republicans regardless of their stances.
    Perhaps that's why democratic politicians support it (don't like using the term liberal, as that used to mean someone who embraced freedom and these guys are anything but that)...but as you point out here, it doesn't really matter if most of the country is voting democrat anyways does it? You correctly identify that the only chance for true change is an informed electorate; the current electoral system discourages this, as informed voters have little incentive to vote in many states, with their minimal votes and impact leading uninformed voters to see their views as meaningless and unworthy of investigation.

Keeping the electoral college does nothing but keep the current system in power; working around it makes it much easier for an informed minority to make its presence felt and grow.

123 Last