Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Does anybody here live or have lived in Baltimore?

What was your experience like?

Would you recommend it?

How does it differ from its close by neighbor Washington DC?

i am intrigued by this area. It looks like a very cool place to live.

How is the state of the economy there? Plenty of Jobs available?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

my current gf lived there/near there for 2 years before we got together and i moved her back to where i am...she lived in towson... its expensive as fukk for what you get... older, smaller, but well built homes in her area.. downtown baltimore harbor area, about 15-20 min away, is actually quite nice...tons of restaurants overlooking the harbor...shopping.. nightclubs...baseball/football stadiums... its not what you expect when you hear "downtown baltimore" .. definitely some high dollar surrounding areas...

i think most people think of the city as being old run down ghetto/drugs/poor etc.. its like any other place where you have to go off the beaten path in order to find shit like you see in movies or tv...

couple-2.5 hour drive to atlantic city and a little more to new york...its really a nice place to live if you dont mind spending more, things getting pricey and winters being mean as a mother fukker

i wouldnt hop up and move there without having a job lined up, but if i needed to work, i dont think i would move anywhere without having something lined up

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    my current gf lived there/near there for 2 years before we got together and i moved her back to where i am...she lived in towson... its expensive as fukk for what you get... older, smaller, but well built homes in her area.. downtown baltimore harbor area, about 15-20 min away, is actually quite nice...tons of restaurants overlooking the harbor...shopping.. nightclubs...baseball/football stadiums... its not what you expect when you hear "downtown baltimore" .. definitely some high dollar surrounding areas...

i think most people think of the city as being old run down ghetto/drugs/poor etc.. its like any other place where you have to go off the beaten path in order to find shit like you see in movies or tv...

couple-2.5 hour drive to atlantic city and a little more to new york...its really a nice place to live if you dont mind spending more, things getting pricey and winters being mean as a mother fukker

i wouldnt hop up and move there without having a job lined up, but if i needed to work, i dont think i would move anywhere without having something lined up
    thanks yeah i think the Harbor looks really cool. I heard the food is amazing there.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post

Baltimore is a poor city with a few pockets of wealth. North Baltimore is great, Towson, Roland Park, Guilford are all very nice areas, but you do not have to go far to find the rough spots.

There are are jobs, mainly services and healthcare. It is expensive to live in a safe area of the city.

There's lots of crime and drug activity just like DC. Most people are hard working and friendly.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

What about South Baltimore ?

Like Locust area?

how is that area?

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Great food, hospitals, and jobs here.

Other than that.... eh.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Flipping burgers or telemarketing is available in any city BB.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    What about South Baltimore ?

Like Locust area?

how is that area?
    anybody have an answer to this question?

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4303

whats your budget? locust point is ok. what are you looking for ?

south baltimore fells point federal hill is nice part of city nice bars food etc..