LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Tuco will be a main player it seems. Maybe also Gus Fring in the future. The bald security guard will also likely get a big role.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I like it so far....Don't have to compare it to BB, just take it for what it is

Successful and educated people also don't post on degenerate betting forums hours on end every fukkin day, but here we are

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I enjoyed the second episode much more than the first. I gotta' keep watching to find out how Jimmy becomes Saul and how Mike fits into things (enjoyed him as the parking lot attendant).

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

show is awesome. breaking bad without the boring skylar & crippled kid bull shit

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    the last season of BB was awful compared to the others...it was obvious they were doing their best to get through the season to the finale... if they were to stop at the peak, it would have happened when they killed off Gustavo .. but i agree, the audience loved saul and wants more of anything that will remind them of BB .. 2 eps in, better call saul is awful ... 1 season and out
    I totally agree with you about season 5. Not a good decision it was to continue after Frings death. quality started to slide down in the last season

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Killing Gus Fring was a huge mistake for he show.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 eps in, better call saul is awful ... 1 season and out
    Except it's already been renewed for a 2nd season.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I'm just wondering who will be the main characters with him?
    Because so far, he is the only decent actor. besides maybe that guy that actually went to his office
    The blonde smoking a cigarette w/ Saul will be a main character. The guy who came into Saul's office (Nacho), Mike Ehrmantraut. ...don't think Tuco is a main character

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Only decent spinoff was Frasier.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Except it's already been renewed for a 2nd season.
    i saw that yesterday...they said it was quite unexpected too... seems they want 23 eps. or so... the BEST thing the show has going for it, is the fact it is on Monday night... very little competition as Monday tv sucks right now.. character development is going to be key, but if every episode is Odenkirk pulling some bad con or acting a fool in the courtroom, its going to be hard to force myself to watch... Ep. 2 was much better than 1, but its already obnoxiously over hyped , imo anyways

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

i saw that yesterday...they said it was quite unexpected too... seems they want 23 eps. or so... the BEST thing the show has going for it, is the fact it is on Monday night... very little competition as Monday tv sucks right now.. character development is going to be key, but if every episode is Odenkirk pulling some bad con or acting a fool in the courtroom, its going to be hard to force myself to watch... Ep. 2 was much better than 1, but its already obnoxiously over hyped , imo anyways
    I don't watch any pre-hype - but I can see here that'd get annoying.

I doubt Vince Gilligan would go the route of having Saul just have one bad con after another. Saw an interview with him the other day - the guy has 6 or more writers each submitting their own plots against his etc.

I just wrapped up Breaking Bad - pretty amazing.

raydog

ive been enjoying Fortitude... 4 eps. in... good shit

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498622/

Clown Shoes
    Clown Shoes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Lot of haters here. Give it some time to set a back story. Try to have an open mind. It really isn't that bad.

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Successful people don't watch TV. Except Breaking Bad binges. Better Call Saul is good too.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

So far the show has been average. I expect it to get a lot better once some of the other characters have time to develop.
    Last edited by GUMMO77; 02-16-15 at 02:11 AM.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

The show is great

I just hate prequels

You know the ultimate faith of many of the big characters so it ruins an element of suspense

I would like the first half of the series to be a prequel, and the second half of the series to be him in hiding after the events of Breaking Bad

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

good stuff

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

How good was Breaking bad on its first episode?

eidolon
    USA

Well the 3rd episode is pretty good. First 2 were a bit rough I admit, but I believe after seeing episode 3, it is going to be good. Great? can't tell at this point.

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

you have to have a cable to watch financial news

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Well the 3rd episode is pretty good. First 2 were a bit rough I admit, but I believe after seeing episode 3, it is going to be good. Great? can't tell at this point.
    I was kind of distracted during Ep3 so maybe that affected opinion. But I thought this was the poorest episode of the 3 so far. Maybe I need to rewatch it.

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Ehhh.
    One of the best shows on TV right now, but that's not saying much.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

How good was Breaking bad on its first episode?

relatively speaking vs. all the other seasons the entire first season of breaking bad was pretty meh

eidolon
    USA

Well there will be 10 episodes this season and 13 episodes next season.

raydog

i read the renewal to sea2 was quite unexpected and due to a lot of promises by gilligan and gould... i thought ep.3 was okay.. ill keep watching for now...

ratings big for bcs... no shit, its on the worst night of tv... the only shows that it competes against are 2 network tv shows "ncis la" and " castle" and maybe some shit mtv show that will replay 96896698 times before next week ... amc guys are no dummies

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

very good show has huge potential

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

ive been enjoying Fortitude... 4 eps. in... good shit

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498622/

most boring trailer for a show of all time? possibly

raydog

meh, trailer is a trailer and i agree, cant get much out of this one...there might be others that are better...

its a show for adults who use their head and if you are a young guy, you might want to pass altogther... the 18-25 crowd might need 2-3 eps. to get into it....great cast and quite different than the normal mainstream/knockoff stuff

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I would bang Betsy Kettleman

louisvillekid
    slummin it

I'm liking it so far! as with any show, I could nitpick and find faults, but I enjoy AMC and A&E shows. well original dramadies that is.

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

3rd episode was good! Being a prequel to meeting Walt White, it had to start slow to set the stage. I will watch some more episodes. Mike the Parking Attendant will become more hard core. We already know from Breaking Bad what a rough "Philly" person he was.

Saul's real name is "Jimmy", when does it become "Saul" and why?

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesTG View Post
    3rd episode was good! Being a prequel to meeting Walt White, it had to start slow to set the stage. I will watch some more episodes. Mike the Parking Attendant will become more hard core. We already know from Breaking Bad what a rough "Philly" person he was.

Saul's real name is "Jimmy", when does it become "Saul" and why?
    Bob odenkirk actually talked about this in interview before. he mentioned when the show creator Vince Gilligan offered him the role, he said Vince said u will play a sleazy attorney named Saul Goodman, Bob said well I can play a sleazy attorney, but I'm not jewish. Vince told him either is Saul, he is actually Irish/English heritage, his name is jimmy McGill, but he changed his name to sound more jewish to the "homeboys".
    that is how it was explained in an q&a session with interviews from cast&creator from breaking bad.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

also, anyone remember spike Lee's movie Do the Right Thing. The guy from breaking bad that played Gus, actor giancarlo Esposito , he played a character in that movie named Bugging Out, he was always bustin n gettin on the nerves of the neighborhood pizzeria owner name Sal, played by danny aiello

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I would bang Betsy Kettleman

who is that in the pics? is that the actress playing the Betsy kettleman character, but from another movie? cause that pic looks nothing like the mother playing the kettleman lady on the show.

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Its pretty good, dont set your expectations too high; It is not breaking bad, it will never be breaking bad.
    It does its job, there are some characters who remind you of breaking bad. The acting is still excellent and so is the production.
    I think it will get better with time just like breaking bad. Breaking bad took some time to develop as well.
    Spot on. It will take awhile to get its footing, but its better than 90% of what's out there.

First 123 Last