THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

A sad thread...

Sign in if you know someone who is battling cancer or has passed away from it.

Buddy of mine, 22, has been given a very limited amount of time by doctors after a long 2+ year battle.

Such a bitch you are, cancer.
    Points Awarded:

innovation gave THam12 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

nic9212 gave THam12 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBRMAN23, and Slanina

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Dude was one of the best athletes ive ever seen...
    about 6 foot 2, 215 lbs. Played shooting guard for the basketball team, had a smooth jumper andwas fast.
    PLayed forward for the soccer team and scored 40 goals his junior and senior years.
    Was tge punter and place kicker for the football team... and led tgem in passing because they would fake kicks constantly because he had a cannon.

And he swam.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Sorry to here you're buddies diagnosis.

My question regarding cancer is why the explosion in cancer rates last 40 years?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Man i dont know. But its sad.
    Hard to find someone who doesnt know someone who has had it.

I ponder on a thought often: if a company found a cure or a highly effective treatment for cancer, would they want to release that? Would they want people to be "cured."
    Its bad that i feel as if they may not. Why? Because its highly likely that the company is one that is already profitting mightily from treatment of patients...

TDKJET1717
    TDKJET1717's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Diagnosed with leukimia when I was 2, been in remission since 6. 28 years old now.

Very sad news.
    Points Awarded:

innovation gave TDKJET1717 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Man i dont know. But its sad.
    Hard to find someone who doesnt know someone who has had it.

I ponder on a thought often: if a company found a cure or a highly effective treatment for cancer, would they want to release that? Would they want people to be "cured."
    Its bad that i feel as if they may not. Why? Because its highly likely that the company is one that is already profitting mightily from treatment of patients...
    An investigator always asks themselves these two question when starting an investigation: What is the motive and who benefits? answer that and you've got the tiger by the tail.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by TDKJET1717 View Post
    Diagnosed with leukimia when I was 2, been in remission since 6. 28 years old now.

Very sad news.
    Keep on keeping on TDJET

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by TDKJET1717 View Post

Very sad news.
    Good stuff man i hope that fortune continues for you!

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

sucks tham.. sorry bro.. recon, i guess the most logical answers would be from what we put in our mouth and the air we breathe ... so many different kinds of "cancers" i can understand there not being a cure all, but i agree that some could be treated/put into remission at a much higher rate... when they find a way to make it as beneficial as keeping people sick, then i guess we will see healthier people

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    sucks tham.. sorry bro.. recon, i guess the most logical answers would be from what we put in our mouth and the air we breathe ... so many different kinds of "cancers" i can understand there not being a cure all, but i agree that some could be treated/put into remission at a much higher rate... when they find a way to make it as beneficial as keeping people sick, then i guess we will see healthier people
    I've looked into this matter a bit, what surprised me was the politicians and heads at the FDA who are major stockholders at parma companies.
    i'd pin 1/3 of the puzzle on GMO foods and the increase of cancers since monsanto introduced these seeds into market and subsequently our dinner tables.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

that doesnt surprise me... big pharma is big business... along with pork and beef futures, i have some hold in a few pharma places ... but yeah, those guys have the big chunks... dont think there is any secret whats going on there... much like bush and big oil back in his day as pres ... maybe its their way of controlling population...

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

Sorry to hear this- my dad passed away from it.
    Points Awarded:

innovation gave captrobey 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

cancer does suck, sorry to hear

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Sorry to here you're buddies diagnosis.

My question regarding cancer is why the explosion in cancer rates last 40 years?
    People live longer and have to die of something. We've nearly figured everything else out and have wonderful diagnostic tests (maybe too much knowledge, one could say). However, in the last 2 decades cancer mortality has decreased 22%, recent journal article on this.

I'm a physician. Don't listen to conspiracy theorists. Following the money, however, is a different issue but crazy theories abound and most aren't even close to true.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

A guy I haven't talked to in a while, but was friends with growing up died on Monday from cancer. Initially got diagnosed in 2011, was using a cane to get around, just 29 years old, it's insane. I heard about a year ago that it was in remission, had no idea that it came back. Just crazy what that brutal disease can do to somebody so young.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

My condolences.....Shit like that is just not fair

I have no doubt there are a ton of scumbags out there, but I'd like to think atleast 1 good person "in the know" would leak it out if there was ever a a cure found

Maybe one day

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

I have no doubt there are a ton of scumbags out there, but I'd like to think atleast 1 good person "in the know" would leak it out if there was ever a a cure found

Maybe one day
    My thoughts exactly moneyline...: id hope one guy would say fukk this secret and expose it.

Cancer is a brutal thing. I hope one day it does not control our living as much.

recon1
    Yep

Keep a diet high with a PH balance. apparently cancer can not live in this environment. Look it up if you're curious. This came from a cancer Doctor i knew.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I'm not sure why you all aren't listening to me, and no it isn't about me. An overwhelming majority of all people never get health care, never go to the hospital, etc. and just pass away. A few you know do get into auto accidents (that's also not fair, I had a friend die at 40 years old from getting T-boned in a remote area and bled out), others get cancer at young ages (exceedingly rare still when you look at the %s), still others do stupid stuff and die as a consequence (no one to blame?).

I've spent over the last 15 years of my life studying and training to take care of people, diagnose them, be aware of standard of care and physiopathology within the human body. We do that to be able to diagnose, treat, and educate --- that is, recognize, help and tell the truth so that people can get better. Many things are out of our control, but many things we've done an outstanding job on (look how many people live well into their 80s and 90s and with health, something which was unheard of for most of human history).

Don't fall into the traps of human bias. Just like in gambling, if you only remember the bad beats and don't remember the good ones that helped you, you're no different than any other biased prick. There are 300 million people in this country. You read instant access news every day of what's going on in the entire world --- every minute things are updated! Think of it! In the too much information age, you are aware of all the bad things (these sell and get your attention) but you don't take a second to look at the good things and let them also sink in, because "that's how it should be". Just like in gambling.

I don't say any of this to diminish the lot of others but rather for us all to have the proper perspective on life, and be grateful for it, regardless of outcome. In this way, the ancients were way more advanced than we. Read Epictetus for an example.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

Maybe one day
    Half of my life has been dedicated to study on diagnosis and treatment.

There is no conspiracy. Period. Over-testing? Yes, in particular areas. That's the irony, if anything we do more when we should do less, and that's where the follow the money idea comes in, but it's also due to the fact that someone is always trying to blame and sue when we just don't have as much control as we think. Diet and exercise, discipline and balance. Don't be a fat arse who blames others for what you've done to your body for umpteen years. Take control and be responsible and accountable. And if you need help, be humble and grateful. Hard words but if you take them with a contrite heart, you will already be on the way to healing in other ways that are much more important.

In The Money
    In The Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

THam sorry to hear man. I've lost alot of friends and family to cancer and yes it sucks!

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

My first "girlfriend" died of a brain tumor when we were in 6th grade - this was 1981.

Brutal

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Sign in if you know someone who is battling cance r or has passed away from it.

Buddy of mine, 22, has been given a very limited amount of time by doctors after a long 2+ year battle.

Such a bitch you are, cancer.
    Ham, tell your pal to try this, it will save his life
    http://drleonardcoldwell.com/2013/11...omment-page-1/

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Unfortunately, tonight my buddy passed.
    i will not say he lost the battle, because that would be unfair to him.

May he rest in peace.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

My heart goes out to you THam12, and hopefully your friend is in a better place free of the pain and the sickness that this dreaded disease puts people through!

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Everyone dies of something but 22 is too fvcking young.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

My deepest condolences THam, stay in there man

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

hate to see anyone suffer, god bless his family
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Cancer is just a dirty bitch, men!

Bless you all.