Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Season Finale of Homeland Sucked

WTF was that?

I watched it Sunday night and though that episode sucked but maybe it would pick up again over the next few weeks. I learnt today that episode was the season finale and I was like no how could that be the last episode of the season nothing happened it was stupid as shit.

After just about the whole season being awesome they end with this shit. With Carries mom who was never mentioned in the show coming back and her falling in love with Quinn just before he left for Iraq what a pile of shit. That pissed me off almost as much as the last Indiana Jones movie.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

yea, very disappointing

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually liked it.

learned more about Carrie with the mother, her fears about living with her illness, which promoted the call to Quinn, which was too late. She got some closure on her father when she meets his 'park friend'.

the plot with Saul and that shady prick that runs Quinn and was in the SUV with Hakanni is interesting.

Also a good cliff hanger on weather Quinn returns from what looks like half a suiicide mission. And Carrie will finally have love.

As much action as there had been, I thought it was a decent finale.

scumbag

Ultimately your goal is to bring viewers to the next season, so as much action as there had been, with the embassy being overrun a few episodes before the finale, that gave them a little time to build plot lines and intrigue for the next season. Which I think they accomplished.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

great episode...great story is ahead of us...great fukking too...anywho....it was all great

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    Ultimately your goal is to bring viewers to the next season, so as much action as there had been, with the embassy being overrun a few episodes before the finale, that gave them a little time to build plot lines and intrigue for the next season. Which I think they accomplished.
    The show has been so good at one thing and that is when you finish an episode you can't wait to see what happens in the very next episode but I didn't feel that at all here. I don't care about Carries mom or her stupid baby or her and Quinn which seemed a little forced and something like a 13 year girl would write.

There was also zero closer like Brody getting killed at the end of last season. At least have one or the other. This season should have ended with something happening back in Pakistan like someone getting killed or kidnapped or blown-up or at least hatching plan for something so you would be like holy penetrate I can't wait till next season.

scumbag

I get what you're saying. I just think big closer happened a little early so they strengthened carrie's character (specifically the conversation with the mother and Carrie said she always was alone because she though he illness would surely drive people away, the dad park friend scene) and built some nice intrigue going into next with Quinn and carrie and will Quinn die also, or will Carrie and Quinn be together and Carrie could finally have some love/happiness/peace and the Saul/shady Quinn runner guy, wft is going on there.

All in all I thought it was a great season.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    I actually liked it.

learned more about Carrie with the mother, her fears about living with her illness, which promoted the call to Quinn, which was too late. She got some closure on her father when she meets his 'park friend'.

the plot with Saul and that shady prick that runs Quinn and was in the SUV with Hakanni is interesting.

Also a good cliff hanger on weather Quinn returns from what looks like half a suiicide mission. And Carrie will finally have love.

As much action as there had been, I thought it was a decent finale.
    The finale is not the time for backstory about the Carrie's family life.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    The finale is not the time for backstory about the Carrie's family life.
    Generally I'd agree. But I think it worked. And there is still plenty of intrigue going foward and carries character has been strengthened.

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

Great season - shitty final.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

They should have ended the season with that episode with the terrorists entering the embassy through the tunnel.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    They should have ended the season with that episode with the terrorists entering the embassy through the tunnel.
    Yep, smart move. End the season 2 episodes early.

Jets12
    Jets12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

For sure I could give two shits about Carrie's mom. I do think they're set up for an interesting next season, I don't think Saul will end up being a prick.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Great season but what a dud of a finale. Kept waiting for something dramatic to happen but nothing. Shoulda just made the episode where Haqani invaded the embassy the finale instead

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

It was still a great season and I'm looking forward to the next...