slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6225

RIP Phillip Hughes

Australia Test batsman Phillip Hughes has died aged 25, two days after being struck on the top of the neck by a ball during a domestic match in Sydney.
    Australia team doctor Peter Brukner said he passed away in hospital, never regaining consciousness.
    Hughes, who also played for Hampshire, Middlesex and Worcestershire, was hit by a delivery from bowler Sean Abbott.
    "It's an understatement to say we're completely devastated," said Cricket Australia boss James Sutherland.
    "The word tragedy gets used too often in sport, but this freak accident is a real life tragedy."
    Australia captain Michael Clarke read out a statement on behalf of the Hughes family at a news conference held at St Vincent's Hospital, where the player, who would have been 26 on Sunday, was treated.
    Speaking on behalf of parents Greg and Virginia, sister Megan and brother Jason, he said: "We're devastated by the loss of our much-loved son and brother, Phillip.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/30219440

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6225

A real talented batsman this guy was, it is so sad the way his life ended, RIP Hughes

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

That's crazy. I wonder if there will be more safety regulations in place as a result. It seems to be the thing to do now.

RIP

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

I am not an Aussie and don't follow Australian cricket as much but this piece of news disturbed me a lot. Really had me upset after a long time....

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Am I right in thinking that baseball helmets cover the part of the back of the head that was struck?

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    That's crazy. I wonder if there will be more safety regulations in place as a result. It seems to be the thing to do now.

RIP
    Please no.

Cricket most purest form of sport I know of and for the good of the game it needs to stay that way...