Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

GREAT JOB St. Louis P.D.

The fatal shooting of an 18-year-old black man in south St. Louis by an off-duty police officer sparked a night of unrest in a city still reeling from the August slaying of an unarmed man in nearby Ferguson.

Wednesday's shooting happened at about 7:30 p.m. in the city's Shaw Neighborhood, and involved an officer working a department-approved secondary job for a private security company, Police Chief Sam Dotson said at an early-morning news conference.

The officer approached a group of men. One of the men took off running, Dotson said, so the officer pursued. Dotson said the suspect approached the officer in an "aggressive" manner, with a physical altercation occurring. The man then turned and fired three rounds at the officer before his gun jammed, Dotson said.

The officer, who was not injured, returned fire, shooting 17 times and fatally wounding the man, Dotson said.

A gun was recovered at the scene. The officer was placed on administrative leave, as per department policy, police said.
    Police have not identified the officer or the man he killed.

The incident comes nearly two months to the day after the police shooting of Michael Brown, 18, in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, located about 20 miles away. Brown's shooting sparked weeks of protests and spawned national discourse about police use of force.

Some of the people protesting recently in Ferguson were seen in St. Louis after Wednesday's shooting, Dotson said.
    “Tensions in the region are very high,” Dotson said. “Any police officer use of force certainly will draw attention.”

St. Louis Alderman Antonio French, who documented the turmoil in Ferguson after Brown's Aug. 9 shooting death, reflected on the region's renewed anguish.

"At the scene of yet another young man's death,” he wrote on Twitter. “This happens too often in our city. It's a crisis that we should all be concerned about.”
    Activists took to the streets of St. Louis overnight, marching and chanting, seeking answers.

Some police vehicles were damaged during the protests, with windows smashed, Dotson said.

People also shared their frustration on social media, with #shawshooting the most popular national trending topic on Twitter.

Let's Go Rangers

GREAT JOB St. Louis P.D. !!! A

The fatal shooting of an 18-year-old black man in south St. Louis by an off-duty police officer sparked a night of unrest in a city still reeling from the August slaying of an unarmed man in nearby Ferguson.

Wednesday's shooting happened at about 7:30 p.m. in the city's Shaw Neighborhood, and involved an officer working a department-approved secondary job for a private security company, Police Chief Sam Dotson said at an early-morning news conference.

The officer approached a group of men. One of the men took off running, Dotson said, so the officer pursued. Dotson said the suspect approached the officer in an "aggressive" manner, with a physical altercation occurring. The man then turned and fired three rounds at the officer before his gun jammed, Dotson said.

The officer, who was not injured, returned fire, shooting 17 times and fatally wounding the man, Dotson said.

A gun was recovered at the scene. The officer was placed on administrative leave, as per department policy, police said.

The incident comes nearly two months to the day after the police shooting of Michael Brown, 18, in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, located about 20 miles away. Brown's shooting sparked weeks of protests and spawned national discourse about police use of force.

Some of the people protesting recently in Ferguson were seen in St. Louis after Wednesday's shooting, Dotson said.
    “Tensions in the region are very high,” Dotson said. “Any police officer use of force certainly will draw attention.”

St. Louis Alderman Antonio French, who documented the turmoil in Ferguson after Brown's Aug. 9 shooting death, reflected on the region's renewed anguish.

"At the scene of yet another young man's death,” he wrote on Twitter. “This happens too often in our city. It's a crisis that we should all be concerned about.”
    Activists took to the streets of St. Louis overnight, marching and chanting, seeking answers.

Some police vehicles were damaged during the protests, with windows smashed, Dotson said.

People also shared their frustration on social media, with #shawshooting the most popular national trending topic on Twitter.

Let's Go Rangers

GREAT JOB St. Louis P.D. !!! 18 year old animal shot and killed !!

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

So the officer and the suspect were close enough to have a "physical altercation" but then the suspect missed not once, not twice, but three times??? Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark.

Let's Go Rangers

not sure why this posted in triplicate

Mods

can you please delete the first 2 posts and use post number 3 as the original thread title and body of thread

Thanks

Let's Go Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    So the officer and the suspect were close enough to have a "physical altercation" but then the suspect missed not once, not twice, but three times??? Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark.
    I'm sure they will do a paraffin test on the bad guys hands and clothes

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Look at that cop that recently shot the guy who reached into his vehicle to get his driver's license. He shot 4 times from very close range and only hit him once.

Let's Go Rangers

Chances are this mutt attacked the cop then was running away turning and firing.

I would expect this thug to have some bullet wounds in the front, some on the side and some to the back

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Most gunfights take place between 9-20 feet and on average there are 11 shots fired

Kermit

Not to mention most untrained people think shooting a gun like this is cool. But the flip-side is that you have very poor aim.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Not to mention most untrained people think shooting a gun like this is cool. But the flip-side is that you have very poor aim.
    As opposed to
    or
    Look at that cop that recently shot the guy who reached into his vehicle to get his driver's license. He shot 4 times from very close range and only hit him once.

Kermit

My point was that even at close range you can miss.

Let's Go Rangers

Lesson 1. Don't bring skittles or sandwiches to a gunfight

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

another thug dead. let's see if the media decides to try and brainwash black people to care about this one haha

Let's Go Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    another thug dead. let's see if the media decides to try and brainwash black people to care about this one haha
    Depends

If officer and criminal are black
    If officer is black, criminal white
    If officer is white, criminal was black

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9144

dudes want to claim "thug life" then start whining like little beotches when they down and get treated like a thug..... pussies
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

it takes very little time to empty a loaded 9mm

dont know what the big deal about 17 rounds is

cop gets shot at

cop empties his piece

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    it takes very little time to empty a loaded 9mm

dont know what the big deal about 17 rounds is

cop gets shot at

cop empties his piece
    IMO the less rounds the better, I'm thinking about what's behind the target etc, not there so maybe he needed that many...but I hope it's not only about "emptying his piece".

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    IMO the less rounds the better, I'm thinking about what's behind the target etc, not there so maybe he needed that many...but I hope it's not only about "emptying his piece".

Well since the cop was a racist, there was probably more of "them" that he saw behind him and figured why not take out a couple more and save myself from having to come back out here to chase them around.

I don't agree with that type of thinking, but I'm not a policeman, So I don't have to deal with the shit they do every day over and over. So if that was his thinking, maybe it's actually not that bad.

Kermit

Technically, he teen had no right to be on the street in the first place.

Let's Go Rangers

Damn emancipation proclamation
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ted Sheckler

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Obviously a good reason to shoot him 17 times. When will these dangerous teens with their cell phones and candy bars learn?

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

White power!!!!!!!

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Great. More night 'protests' and looting.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Obviously a good reason to shoot him 17 times. When will these dangerous teens with their cell phones and candy bars learn?
    What I was referring to was that he was currently on house arrest from a previous weapons related felony, so he shouldn't have been on the street. He should have been in his house.
    Last edited by Kermit; 10-09-14 at 03:31 PM.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Bring Al Sharpton's stupid ass back to STL. The thug was shooting at the officer, WTF does everybody expect. Guarantee it blows up into a race issue, that's what happens any other time a black person dies.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    dudes want to claim "thug life" then start whining like little beotches when they down and get treated like a thug..... pussies
    It's the new age thug. Thugs from our era Marco took it in stride. Prison or a hospital stay got you a 3-dot tattoo. They had to earn them dots and were proud of them. Todays gangsters and thugs are embarrassing to even the JROTC

Kermit

Got some protesting going on. Some windows broken. Cops pepper sprayed the crowd. I don't understand why these people are protesting over the guy that was killed.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

I know EXACTLY why the punk not only missed, but the firearm jammed. I'm not gonna say why i know because i like it when the punks lose a good old fashioned gun battle.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    I know EXACTLY why the punk not only missed, but the firearm jammed. I'm not gonna say why i know because i like it when the punks lose a good old fashioned gun battle.
    They don't bother(or know how) to do proper maintenance and cleaning on their stolen guns?

Let's Go Rangers

They don't bother(or know how) to do proper maintenance and cleaning on their stolen guns?
    watermelon seeds and grape kool-aid in the extractor ?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: retard

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    He must have ran out of bullets, shame

recon1
    Yep

Finna keep it on the down low

12 Last