Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

Let's Make Fun of Robin William's Suicide

Because that's what we do right? We see a celebrity at his weakest and final moment which somehow empowers us to lord his legacy as less than our pedestrian existence. We are cloaked in anonymity and don't need to face the repercussions of our actions. We are now elevated and superior to a man who didn't have the courage to face his demons. Isn't it wonderful that we have the temerity to live while this man chose to die?!! Before you post your vitriolic remarks just remember that this man had a family who loved him and is now devastated by his loss. By the way I was not much of a fan of his work but I am saddened by the loss of his adoring family as I would be for anyone who allows depression to darken the beauty that is life. Let's pray for his family instead of preying on his frailties. God bless.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD, James D, and Guinser

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

from what Ive seen, everyone has been rather mature about this news on SBR

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

i think ppl are figuring he fuked with drugs and that its his own fault. i have that hunch as well. but maybe not

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    i think ppl are figuring he fuked with drugs and that its his own fault. i have that hunch as well. but maybe not
    I think you're right Tony. And that's sad. I think you know more than most buddy. Be well.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I always thought Williams was drug free. I don't know why I always thought that... I thought he was just one happy "comical" man that wanted people to smile and laugh. Boy was a I wrong. Never knew he battled staying away from it.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

At age 63! He lived his life to the fullest!

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I always thought Williams was drug free. I don't know why I always thought that... I thought he was just one happy "comical" man that wanted people to smile and laugh. Boy was a I wrong. Never knew he battled staying away from it.
    They call that the tears of a clown my friend.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Because that's what we do right? We see a celebrity at his weakest and final moment which somehow empowers us to lord his legacy as less than our pedestrian existence. We are cloaked in anonymity and don't need to face the repercussions of our actions. We are now elevated and superior to a man who didn't have the courage to face his demons. Isn't it wonderful that we have the temerity to live while this man chose to die?!! Before you post your vitriolic remarks just remember that this man had a family who loved him and is now devastated by his loss. By the way I was not much of a fan of his work but I am saddened by the loss of his adoring family as I would be for anyone who allows depression to darken the beauty that is life. Let's pray for his family instead of preying on his frailties. God bless.

excellent post, beautiful sentiment.

Amen to that

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    excellent post, beautiful sentiment.

Amen to that
    Thank you for reading it full Ratzz.

Fidel_CashFlow

yeah good message, but wrong timing in my opinion.

90% of people have seemed hit emotionally 1 way or another by this news.

Im not sure this post is needed in this situation, but I have seen other suicide/death threads where a post like

that would of fit wonderfully

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I'm not saying you're wrong but how does someone allow themself to get depressed?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My dad is 64 and he has more problems and hardships than Robin Williams could ever have(Tourettes syndrome for one) and he deals with it everyday along with my mother being sick with recent botched back surgery with a tumor on her sciatic nerve along with diverticulitis and doctors jacking her around left and right. But he doesn't just get depressed and stay depressed, he moves on and tries to look at his fukked up world with a sense of humor. To be honest, I don't know how my dad does it.
    Last edited by Kermit; 08-12-14 at 12:22 AM.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My dad is 64 and he has more problems and hardships than Robin Williams could ever have(Tourettes syndrome for one) and he deals with it everyday along with my mother being sick with recent botched back surgery with a tumor on her sciatic nerve along with diverticulitis and doctors jacking her around left and right. But he doesn't just get depressed and stay depressed, he moves on and tries to look at his fukked up world with a sense of humor. To be honest, I don't know how my dad does it.
    It's easy to say penetrate it when you have tourettes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    It's easy to say penetrate it when you have tourettes
    Along with a shopping list of other problems including losing health care courtesy of Obama. Just saying there are people out there who are not famous celebs with worse problems who keep on living and trying.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

If you laugh, you think, you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

you dont know what he was dealing with, you dont know his problems, its absurd to say your parents have more problems than he could ever have

TheCentaur

Along with a shopping list of other problems including losing health care courtesy of Obama. Just saying there are people out there who are not famous celebs with worse problems who keep on living and trying.
    What I said was a lighthearted joke that kind of got lost with the SBR censoring

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some really f'd up people in this thread. First off anybody can get depression. Getting 'depressed' and having depression are not the same thing. There is an actual biological component to depression, which effects a person obviously mentally but also physically.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent post OP.

Fidel_CashFlow

I still do not understand who is making jokes of this situation ?

is there another thread I am not seeing ?

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Watch the richard pryor roast, if not whole thing, very end, where richard starts talking back about people, robin Williams, Paul mooney and others.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

God bless.
    isn't this the wrong thing to say to someone that took his own life? wtf pal. have some respect...

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    isn't this the wrong thing to say to someone that took his own life? wtf pal. have some respect...
    I wasn't directing it at him. It's a bit late for that I'm afraid.

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    yeah good message, but wrong timing in my opinion.

90% of people have seemed hit emotionally 1 way or another by this news.

Im not sure this post is needed in this situation, but I have seen other suicide/death threads where a post like

that would of fit wonderfully
    Sometimes when you get in front of a problem it never manifests. Attempted to douse the fire before it started. The other 10% you speak of can be easily found. Just go to any of the comments section of any site carrying this story. Unfortunately the keyboard gangsters are many...but not here Im happy to say.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11660

It would be bad jujumanji to make fun of Robin Williams today.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Go through real clinical depression and battle cocaine problems then come here and talk about his "frailties"

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Go through real clinical depression and battle cocaine problems then come here and talk about his "frailties"
    You're picking a fight where none exists. If you don't believe that combination makes you frail then perhaps you have a more appropriate, and clearly in your mind, less pejorative word. I'll let you wrestle over the semantics because that was hardly the thrust of this thread.
    Last edited by Swinging Johnson; 08-12-14 at 07:24 AM.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

are we sure hes really dead? maybe hes just stuck in a boardgame

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    are we sure hes really dead? maybe hes just stuck in a boardgame
    I was waiting for the actual jokes to start. Maybe now he'll do some Goodwill Haunting!

Sad to hear in all seriousness though.

AimePor
    AimePor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

I think that 63 is quite a nice age to die at, it would be enough for me to live my life at fullest until 50, but a happy life

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by AimePor View Post
    I think that 63 is quite a nice age to die at, it would be enough for me to live my life at fullest until 50, but a happy life
    Get back to me when you turn 50.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by AimePor View Post
    Jesus H Christ how old are you kid?

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur View Post
    it's easy to say penetrate it when you have tourettes
    icwudt

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

You think they'll bury him in the Mrs Doubtfire costume?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

I wonder if he is in shock.........realizing now the Mormons were right.

12 Last