Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Ever have a bad gambling day but still achieved Happiness?

Maybe perhaps you could call it an epiphamy.

Anyway for the first time since I started gambling many years ago
    I feel content, I feel happy, I feel that today was a good day.

Had some bad beats today but it didnt even get me down.

The key to life ladies and gentlemen is to accomplish happiness
    regardless of the outcomes of sporting events and work related stuff.

With the right attitude this can be done. Its all about putting things in perspective and enjoying the little things in life. Foreal , its about relaxing your mind and breaking the chains of mental slavery.

# Free your mind.

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I went 4-13 today......I threw my laptop......threw my phone.......demolished my punching bag............then I realized, f it bro.......Ebola is coming to the US. It won't be long until there is an outbreak and I can't gamble. I'll be living in the woods, living off the land, and being all that is man.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I am happy big bear knowing that I send a good amount of money to charities every month to help kids who never had a chance get a chance. I used to get angry at the simplest of bets. I don't anymore though, I know life can be so much worse.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

No... it's impossible. If I lose on any given day... a girl could rub her in my face. And I still wouldn't pop a boner.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Alright, some people on this forum need help

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Why gamble if it doesn't make you happy?

We all love it.

As the real jj would say, we would be happier to lose.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post
    I went 4-13 today......I threw my laptop......threw my phone.......demolished my punching bag............then I realized, f it bro.......Ebola is coming to the US. It won't be long until there is an outbreak and I can't gamble. I'll be living in the woods, living off the land, and being all that is man.
    Bet both sides of a game and come out a winner. Do the JJ.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

As long as gambling numbs your issues at home it means it's served the purpose

It's not about winning or losing

Never was for most

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Almost everyday.

As the forum mush, I win rarely..

However, I am very happy.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Almost everyday.

As the forum mush, I win rarely..

However, I am very happy.
    Good attitude BD, thats why you are good people

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

"...Anyway for the first time since I started gambling many years ago
    I feel content, I feel happy, I feel that today was a good day."
    Bear please stop ...it's too early for this

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Only time a bad day turns good is when I nut up and hammer to get even or a little ahead.
    If I lose all day that just plain sucks I dont accept losing its not good

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most here love to lose

Feels good

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Sports wagering has zero effect on my mood, win or lose, and I mean that. My family and girlfriend have always known what I do, and we have open discussions about it, but we rarely ever talk on the 'how did you do today' level.....as we all know what you do day to day means nothing. It is the end of the month or the end of the year that matters.

Winning or losing doesn't change my mood one bit. I lost yesterday and still had a fantastic day with my family....now, I will admit I was checking my phone for tennis and baseball updates while fishing, and sometimes that can be a little much....but it certainly doesn't change who I am or how I act.

This is probably the biggest difference in me from a decade ago until today. I just know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, because in the end I will be up some amount at some point. This really helps the psyche and makes it easier to wager on a day to day basis.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB, and zizoudane10

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

No, if I have a bad day gambling then it puts me in a bad mood. I feel like a loser. But to combat those feelings I have adjusted the amount I bet so that I don't get so angry. There needs to be the right balance of happiness if you win, and a "who cares" if you lose. Took me about a year to find my comfort zone.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Don't really play the daily grind anymore from February-September as it just wasn't worth it for me even though I was ahead....constantly checking scores blows and takes a lot out of you. ESPN streak for cash and fantasy sports is a much less involved substitute for me...Also have been doing well in poker online which helps

Now I just go big on spot plays or make fun rec bets live if I happen to be watching a game and long shot parlays every now and then if I want some action

Football (And some soccer) that will change as those are my bread and butter and I bet them often...Season is also shorter and less of a grind

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Bear showing off his 4th grade education.

Here's an "epiphamy" -- take the $$$ you flush gambling (supposedly) and toss it in a jar while you're flipping burgers at Burger King. After a while, you'll have enough to go back and get that GED.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

BigBear you are experiencing the honeymoon(denial) phase

It's very common in the clinically depressed, mentally ill, and drug addicts

They experience a temporary calm, euphoric state and mistake it as a sign they have beaten their depression, bipolar disorder, substance addiction, or in this case gambling addiction, only to have it soon come roaring back worse than ever

Buckle up BigBear

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    BigBear you are experiencing the honeymoon(denial) phase

It's very common in the clinically depressed, mentally ill, and drug addicts

They experience a temporary calm, euphoric state and mistake it as a sign they have beaten their depression, bipolar disorder, substance addiction, or in this case gambling addiction, only to have it soon come roaring back worse than ever

Buckle up BigBear
    Ouch

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

It depends what you classify a bad day as, I don't care if I drop a few units.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

I've had some real bad days followed by a few days of "enjoying not gambling", never lasts.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Sports wagering has zero effect on my mood, win or lose, and I mean that. My family and girlfriend have always known what I do, and we have open discussions about it, but we rarely ever talk on the 'how did you do today' level.....as we all know what you do day to day means nothing. It is the end of the month or the end of the year that matters.

Winning or losing doesn't change my mood one bit. I lost yesterday and still had a fantastic day with my family....now, I will admit I was checking my phone for tennis and baseball updates while fishing, and sometimes that can be a little much....but it certainly doesn't change who I am or how I act.

This is probably the biggest difference in me from a decade ago until today. I just know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, because in the end I will be up some amount at some point. This really helps the psyche and makes it easier to wager on a day to day basis.
    Spoken like a true professional.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I miss the old days of gambling, this is not my era. Too much happiness and not enough degenerates here.

This isn't a gambling forum.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I miss the old days of gambling, this is not my era. Too much happiness and not enough degenerates here.

This isn't a gambling forum.
    They are hiding it cuse, they don't want to appear weak