nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

love never dies

wow..this just wow'd me in a way that seldom does.... For 20 years, Rocky Abalsamo sat beside his wife's grave, through every snowstorm and every birthday, to ensure the love of his life was never lonesome. At long last, the loving pair will finally reunite, resting in peace together.

Abalsamo died on Wednesday at the age of 97 and is set to be buried beside his wife, Julia “Julita” Echeverria Abalsamo

Abalsamo's devotion to Julia first received national attention in 2000, when the Boston Globe reported on the husband's ongoing vigil to his wife of 55 years. At that point, Abalsamo had been watching over his partner for seven years; Julia died in 1993 due to complications from heart surgery.

Devastated by Julia's passing, Abalsamo built a routine around her. Each morning he would walk to St. Joseph Cemetery in West Roxbury, Mass., open his lawn chair next to Julia's plot, greet his wife and then stay beside her, without breaks for food or water, until the cemetery closed for the evening. Before returning home, Abalsamo would sprinkle crumbs on Julia's gravesite so the animals would keep his wife company.

"She is part of me, so here I am whole," Abalsamo told the Boston Globe in 2000. "Being here makes me feel better. Not good, but better. I do it for Julita, and for myself."

The story attracted strangers, who quickly became friends. The curious, concerned and lovelorn would stop by to give the man blankets and extra clothes, and help decorate Julia's grave. In exchange, Abalsamo shared stories of his undying romance and helped advise others on matters of love.

Abalsamo maintained his daily visits until 2005, when a death in the family encouraged him to spend more time among his living loved ones. He still continued to visit Julia regularly until falling ill in July of last year.

Following Abalsamo's request, his family will bury him at the left side of Julia's plot, because this was his side when the couple walked together. Now, after 20 years of waiting, Abalsamo and his love are side by side for eternity.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

many tears in my eyes reading this, how awesome

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

much love

many feels

such wow

I have seen something about this b4, showed a pic of him beside her grave or something. RIP

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Cen!

I feel sorry for the guy. It makes us all wonder what we're going to be like when our significant other dies first? What will we do??? I might just go straight to the titty bar... I don't know?

Iw1nBets
    Ray Rice Is My Nekka
    Iw1nBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Fukkin gay bro

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iw1nBets View Post
    Fukkin gay bro

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Won't it be funny when he finds out that there's nothing after you die.