Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

any survivor fans out there?

never really paid attention to survivor until this year.

i started watching this year due to this online poker dude being on the show.

man what a dud that guy.

a poker player without having a poker face (at least in the show).

i think he was one of the first ones to get kicked out.

but i ended up getting into it rooting for this girl with big even though she was a dumb bitch (yeah call me a sucker).

so after getting into it after their 1000th season, here's a question...

how does this show relate to the real world?

your thoughts on tony winning this season?

since i'm a survivor rookie, i would like to hear some of you survivor vets.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I don't think the show really relates to the real world. Tony played a very good game, he deserved to win. He wouldn't get away with his tactics a 2nd time though, he's way too erratic and impulsive.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

only one survivor fan? unreal

it's actually a good show.

one big sociology experiment imo.

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18837

I'm a big survivor fan. In the show you can backstab everyone and swear on your family and go back on your word and people will still vote for you to win. You can't get away with that in real life.

I wanted Woo or Spencer to win. Overall this was a pretty good season and I liked that blonde chick Jeffra the most

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I'm very happy Tony won as I didn't think any of the others near the end deserved it. He played hard all the way through and like Spencer said in his speech, the reason he kept finding idols is because he busted his ass for them. I think where people often fail in this show is when they try to relate it to the real world too much. They naively think the same social structures and values that are looked highly upon are beneficial on Survivor and they're just not. This season was definitely one of the best I've seen in quite awhile so you definitely picked a good one to jump into.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

I thought it was going to be a tight vote until Spencer's speech. Morgan is hot but she thinks everyone owes her everything because she is pretty, TERRIBLE attitude. I don't like Tony but he sure played the game hard.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I'm very happy Tony won as I didn't think any of the others near the end deserved it. He played hard all the way through and like Spencer said in his speech, the reason he kept finding idols is because he busted his ass for them. I think where people often fail in this show is when they try to relate it to the real world too much. They naively think the same social structures and values that are looked highly upon are beneficial on Survivor and they're just not. This season was definitely one of the best I've seen in quite awhile so you definitely picked a good one to jump into.
    Well said, Shari. I will disagree with this being one of the best seasons but that's up to interpretation. Tony deserved to win, I hated him at first since he wanted to get rid of my man Cliff but he grew on me quickly and was the superior player. Spencer knew the game but didn't play it as well as he thought he could or should have. I don't know what to think of Morgan. On one hand, at least she is honest but obviously conceited. Those though and she does actually seem like an intelligent women.

I could write a dissertation on Survivor, one of the few reality shows I watch and this one religiously. I do love the haters who make fun of it since they think they're so hardcore and it isn't about who can literally survive the longest on the land/island. That's not the point, it's a game of strategy and social skills over who can live longer but I digress, just sick of certain people close to me looking down upon it cause they're so high and mighty survivors.

Hopefully someday I can make it on the show when I get my shit together and would actually be able to handle it. I can live with the food, did that in jail but not sure I have a good story to get on. They like to put on educated professionals, but plenty of time left. Another reason I love the show is that age isn't an issue for getting on though if you're older and weak chances are you're voted out early.