PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most Heart felt song ever written

Best performance of "First time ever I saw your face" Roberta Flack

If this song doesn't send chills down your spine,you don't have a heart........

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

"Julia" ... The Beatles

"All of My Love" ..... Led Zeppelin

"With or Without You" ... U2

Lennon wrote Julia for his mother who had passed away and Robert Plant penned All of My Love for his son, whom he lost to childhood illness. Apart from these backstories, the lyrics and melodies are really poignant and capture the sentiment behind them.

WOWY by U2 has always been a melancholic masterpiece in my estimation. The weeping guitar sound at the beginning tugs on the heartstrings. Also great lyrics and vocals from Bono. Hypnotic bassline behind it all.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

some more:

Black by Pearl Jam

Bell Bottom Blues Eric Clapton

Wonderful Tonight Clapton

Thank You Led Zeppelin

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    some more:

Black by Pearl Jam

Bell Bottom Blues Eric Clapton

Wonderful Tonight Clapton

Thank You Led Zeppelin
    sorry Centaur

Wonderful Tonight has to be the MOST over rated song by one of the MOST over rated musician/singers in history

Fukin dude is drunk and eyeballin her. BFD. I wrote the same song 200 times before his actually hit the market. I hate that song. He should have started his Country career with it. It's right in their wheel house.

Slowhand go fly a kite

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    If that's the cover for a song I'm thinking of....

I liked the original better Fidel. Much stronger.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Some good songs listed above.

Some that I enjoy.

John Lennon's - Mother
    Alice Cooper's - You and Me
    Fleetwood Mac's - Landslide

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    "Julia" ... The Beatles
    Have you ever seen this performance by John's son? I was really impressed. Singing a song to a grandmother that he never knew.

I/O

A few I think fit with the op's song profile (a bit darker).....

I'm pretty sure the lead singer of this band off'd himself and the band didn't get bigger than they ended up being. Saw them live. Don't remember much of it. Video is pretty week but song is short and strong...

Neil is pretty bent himself. He's got some mental issues and prolly wouldn't be in music if he was normal. I'm sure he's self medicated in the past. People with issues tend to do that.

Ever since I left Canada, about five years ago or so... and moved down south... found out a lot of things that I didn't know when I left. Some of 'em are good, and some of 'em are bad. Got to see a lot of great musicians before they happened... before they became famous... y'know, when they were just gigging. Five and six sets a night... things like that. And I got to see a lot of, um, great musicians who nobody ever got to see. For one reason or another. But... strangely enough, the real good ones... that you never got to see was... 'cause of, ahhm, heroin. An' that started happening over an' over. Then it happened to someone that everyone knew about. So I just wrote a little song.

This is a NIN cover. Song is PERFECT for Cash and he nails it. Dies not too long after. See June in the backround of the vid. I got a couple Cash stories.

This song always comes into my head on occasion out of the blue. Liked it from the first day I heard it. This is a much more subdued version from a much older Gabriel. You can find other vids with far more energy on the net. Gabriel prolly has a number of songs that could apply to this thread. My favorite being Mercy Streets. In Your Eyes was a great tune till the world found out about it and it ended up in twenty thousand movies.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Beat me to it with Johnny cash rendition of hurt, such an amazing performance

suzie
    suzie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

heres one i was introduced too from my friend who was mobile dj it's rarely played on air B side of Madonna's album like a virgin called love don't live here anymore her only true ballad

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Some good songs listed above.

Some that I enjoy.

John Lennon's - Mother
    Alice Cooper's - You and Me
    Fleetwood Mac's - Landslide
    You ever hear that song called "SillyBink?" You should check it out. It's right up your alley. It's by a band called SillyBink and the SillyBinksters.

Kermit

You ever hear that song called "SillyBink?" You should check it out. It's right up your alley. It's by a band called SillyBink and the SillyBinksters.
    Sounds like some gay shit that you would be into or have invented.

Oh wait.....

Eddy Munny

^^^ Which part of that was supposed to be funny? Your one-liners should come with a laugh track... something to fill in the awkward silence.

Kermit

^^^ Which part of that was supposed to be funny? Your one-liners should come with a laugh track... something to fill in the awkward silence.

And that queer shit that you posted above mine was supposed to be funny?

Eddy Munny

Not necessarily. It's just part of the "SillyBink" rule that went into effect. I follow forum rules unlike you.

I can see you're starting to lose your cool now with the homophobic slurs. I'm gonna consult Shari on this. We may have to ban you.

Kermit

Not necessarily. It's just part of the "SillyBink" rule that went into effect. I follow forum rules unlike you.

I can see you're starting to lose your cool now with the homophobic slurs. I'm gonna consult Shari on this. We may have to ban you.
    Trust me, ZERO fukks will be given.

Eddy Munny

Don't bother editing it either. As a Mod, I can see the nature of everyone's edited posts, both the before and after. This is gonna be fun.

Kermit

Don't bother editing it either. As a Mod, I can see the nature of everyone's edited posts, both the before and after. This is gonna be fun.
    Edit what? Why would I edit anything? I didnt' BOLD the word ZERO if I had any intentions of editing anything.

Do you honestly think I give 2 shits over some Prima donna threatening me?

You are nothing short of a troll, and that is something that does not match the characteristics of what a moderator is supposed to be. If anything maybe Shari ill straighten you out.

Eddy Munny

My track record speaks for itself. If you don't believe I'm a Mod yet, you do so at your own risk. Shari's the homegirl, I'm not worried about it. You might be though.

The funny thing is, I'm getting paid right now for this little pissing contest. And you?

Welcome to the New Order kid.

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Keb Mo -- Better Man

Gonna make my world a better place and keep that smile on my face!

This song helps me keep a positive attitude

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

WOWY by U2 has always been a melancholic masterpiece in my estimation. The weeping guitar sound at the beginning tugs on the heartstrings. Also great lyrics and vocals from Bono. Hypnotic bassline behind it all.
    U2 is a bunch of shitty washed up has beens! Bona cant write for shit and the Edge barley knows 2 fuk chords! Of course a pussy like you would call that music! You're probably one of those techno dicks who likes Deadmau5 and calls that shit music too.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    U2 is a bunch of shitty washed up has beens! Bona cant write for shit and the Edge barley knows 2 fuk chords! Of course a pussy like you would call that music! You're probably one of those techno dicks who likes Deadmau5 and calls that shit music too.
    Well the category is "heartfelt" songs tough guy. So if you know of any chainsaw ballads by Jackyl that you wanna submit to the conversation, then by all means. Otherwise, take your mullet and you W.A.S.P. cutoff sleeve tee-shirt and be gone.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mercy Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye (The Strokes version is not bad either)
    Just Like Starting Over- John Lennon
    Cornerstone - Arctic Monkeys

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Well the category is "heartfelt" songs tough guy. So if you know of any chainsaw ballads by Jackyl that you wanna submit to the conversation, then by all means. Otherwise, take your mullet and you W.A.S.P. cutoff sleeve tee-shirt and be gone.
    Mullets and wasp, of course you'd be into that, having had a ball gag in your mouth most of your life. Yeah I got a heartfelt ballad for you, its called "Eddy Munny c u n t showed up at sbr and got buried!"

Eddy Munny

Yeah, I'm so buried that you dedicated your sig to me. Lol.... I'm in your head. Isn't there a World of Warcraft message board you should be trolling somewhere? That guitar is such a joke, you have no idea. You're like a real life Bill and Ted, only in your mid-40's and less astute.

In your head, Game Over