SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Right, but these are not guidelines for Muslims. It's just a historical writing, but unfortunately some Muslims take it literally, which is disgraceful. However, Catholicism and Islam are losing reputation worldwide systematically because some idiots exploit them for malicious tendencies. Personally, I don't find Catholicism and Islam to teach malicious acts, but since being a proud Atheist, I'm happy not to be part of it.

ingga
    Indonesia
    ingga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 887

WTF Its not true

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    Right, but these are not guidelines for Muslims. It's just a historical writing, but unfortunately some Muslims take it literally, which is disgraceful. However, Catholicism and Islam are losing reputation worldwide systematically because some idiots exploit them for malicious tendencies. Personally, I don't find Catholicism and Islam to teach malicious acts, but since being a proud Atheist, I'm happy not to be part of it.
    The Koran is the "holy book" of Islam. Which is the direct word of Allah (God) for them. Which means that it is to be taken literally and that is the problem with Islam like I said. Anyone can take passages out the Koran that are violent (there are plenty) and nobody can say they shouldn't because it comes from the direct word of God. This is unlike the Bible, because the bible is not the word of God, it only contains the word of God. Further, for the bible, Catholics have textual interpretation from the Catholic Church that allows passages to be studied indepthy and put into context, unlike the Koran. This is why extreme Muslims use the Koran to justify violence against non believers, and the biggest problem here, is the inability for anyone to really say they are wrong for doing so since they believe they are following the word of their God. If Muslims committed violent actions that were contrary to their teaching, I would not say Islam is bad, I would just say there are bad followers of Islam. Catholicism teaching does not allow or contain violence, even though there are bad Catholics, as there are bad people in all institutions and religions, we must not look at the people, but at the institution itself. I do not judge the actions of people, I am simply saying their religion contains and allows this violence.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

The Koran is the "holy book" of Islam. Which is the direct word of Allah (God) for them. Which means that it is to be taken literally and that is the problem with Islam like I said. Anyone can take passages out the Koran that are violent (there are plenty) and nobody can say they shouldn't because it comes from the direct word of God. This is unlike the Bible, because the bible is not the word of God, it only contains the word of God. Further, for the bible, Catholics have textual interpretation from the Catholic Church that allows passages to be studied indepthy and put into context, unlike the Koran. This is why extreme Muslims use the Koran to justify violence against non believers, and the biggest problem here, is the inability for anyone to really say they are wrong for doing so since they believe they are following the word of their God. If Muslims committed violent actions that were contrary to their teaching, I would not say Islam is bad, I would just say there are bad followers of Islam. Catholicism teaching does not allow or contain violence, even though there are bad Catholics, as there are bad people in all institutions and religions, we must not look at the people, but at the institution itself. I do not judge the actions of people, I am simply saying their religion contains and allows this violence.
    every single one of your quotes is out of context and manipulated to make islam appear violent. of course anybody educated would go and read the ENTIRE verse of the quotes you tried to manipulate with and they would realise youre just another atheist dumbass

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

another one of many millions who have tried to do the same thing. nice try seaweed. hopefully your racist and angered heart burns nicely in the next life, like a wendys burger on a grill. for now, keep losing money you broke clown : http://www.islamicwritings.org/quran...each-violence/

PDX12
    PDX12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    another one of many millions who have tried to do the same thing. nice try seaweed. hopefully your racist and angered heart burns nicely in the next life, like a wendys burger on a grill. for now, keep losing money you broke clown : http://www.islamicwritings.org/quran...each-violence/
    Lol I can just see the spit flying on your computer screen from your angered fervor.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Shut the penetrate up seaweed. Story isn't even true. Anti Islam propaganda

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

FAS

Seaweed
    Update your status

every single one of your quotes is out of context and manipulated to make islam appear violent. of course anybody educated would go and read the ENTIRE verse of the quotes you tried to manipulate with and they would realise youre just another atheist dumbass
    I am not an atheist. I am Roman Catholic and Jesus Christ is my saviour. Seek the truth with an open mind and it will be found. God bless.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf420 View Post
    The bible preaches blasphemy executions, an eye for an eye, terrorism/genocide, mass killings for sex, and the slaughter of children, incest, and human sacrifice, sacrificial rape, dismemberment, necrophilia, killed millions during the crusades and downplays molestation... Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are all made up. Religions are all psychotic cults. The story of Horus is almost identical to Jesus... but existed approximately 3000 years before Christ. Bible writers plagiarized the mythical stories of Gilgamesh, Deucalion, Krishna, Mithra, Dionysus, and Horus.

This will be my only post on the subject because I expect a response typed out in psychotic tongues and riddles.
    All of your points are way off and almost laughable in error. To make it easier, I will allow you to post the evidence of your claims and then I will address each piece.

LoneWolf420
    LoneWolf420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

I am not an atheist. I am Roman Catholic and Jesus Christ is my saviour. Seek the truth with an open mind and it will be found. God bless.

All of your points are way off and almost laughable in error. To make it easier, I will allow you to post the evidence of your claims and then I will address each piece.
    As I expected, psychotic tongues and riddles. No thanks. It’s impossible to have a coherent and logical discussion about fairy tales. Everything I posted is historical fact. LOL, asking for evidence, when everything you believe in is based on “faith alone” with zero evidence. I’m well versed in ancient history and religious studies… clearly you are not.

I’ve heard it all before. You’re going to try and say the bible is deep and really complex (when it’s clear and straightforward) and give gibberish explanations. I’m not interested in having a long discussion with a man that has the intellect of a child. It’s impossible to win an argument about fairy tales with a person that lacks education and cognitive skills.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I can easily find many recent stories similar or worse than this one posted at non-Christian websites. My main issue with the Islamic religion is that they do not treat their women as equals, even in the United States where it is supposed to be "The land of the free"
    Dont try to reason with that clown

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

im 6'2 195 lbs . id kick your ass online offline in a book in a comic come get at me . and I make money that's why im on this site im one of the best here actually. look it up . but enough about me lets talk about you. never heard of ya pal
    My dick weighs more than you pal. Go bench your 135 for reps with a spotter you skinny lil bich. 195 haha

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nice story. Want to talk about the thousands upon thousands of muslims murdered in front of their loved ones by Christian white guys?

Know a few of the people that pulled the trigger myself. Two of them are "heroes".

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

These type of stories make all law abiding peaceful Muslims look bad.

Swaggy P

And for everyone's info, the Christian crusades have murdered a lot more people in history than Islamic extremists before they want to claim that Christianity is a lot more peaceful than Islam.

Not to mention the many passages in the bible that also incite violence like stoning. Why don't we see those passages being posted?

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

Religions are there for people who need to believe in something and for those who need a cloak for their pervert and violent inner self.

Seaweed
    Update your status

As I expected, psychotic tongues and riddles. No thanks. It’s impossible to have a coherent and logical discussion about fairy tales. Everything I posted is historical fact. LOL, asking for evidence, when everything you believe in is based on “faith alone” with zero evidence. I’m well versed in ancient history and religious studies… clearly you are not.

I’ve heard it all before. You’re going to try and say the bible is deep and really complex (when it’s clear and straightforward) and give gibberish explanations. I’m not interested in having a long discussion with a man that has the intellect of a child. It’s impossible to win an argument about fairy tales with a person that lacks education and cognitive skills.
    As expected no evidence provided by you, only ignorant claims. Go educate yourself before talking to someone who is a lifetime student of theology and history.

Lets start with your Horus Manure..

Claim: "The story of Horus is almost identical to Jesus... but existed approximately 3000 years before Christ.

Evidence: Won't bother doing the work for you and typing since you are too lazy to research the truth yourself. Like I said you are close minded and oblivious to the truth.

Here is an article that you should read from http://www.jonsorensen.net/2012/10/2...us-connection/

But the early Christians, even if they had wanted to base the Gospels on the Horus myths, would have had no way to do so. They might have known what was believed about Horus in the Egypt of their day, but they would have had no access to the endless variations of the stories that laid buried in the sands until archaeologists started digging them up in the 1800s.
    Another part of the problem is that the claimed parallels between Jesus and Horus contain half-truths, distortions, and flat-out falsehoods. For example . . .
    Horus is the son of the god Osiris, born to a virgin mother.
    The mother of Horus was believed to be the goddess Isis. Her husband, the god Osiris, was killed by his enemy Seth, the god of the desert, and later dismembered. Isis managed to retrieve all of Osiris’s body parts except for his phallus, which was thrown into the Nile and eaten by catfish. (I’m not making this up). Isis used her goddess powers to temporarily resurrect Osiris and fashion a golden phallus. She was then impregnated, and Horus was conceived. However this story may be classified, it is not a virgin birth.

He was baptized in a river by Anup the Baptizer, who was later beheaded.
    There is no character named Anup the Baptizer in ancient Egyptian mythology. This is the concoction of a 19th-century English poet and amateur Egyptologist by the name of Gerald Massey (see sidebar 2 below). Massey is the author of several books on the subject of Egyptology; however, professional Egyptologists have largely ignored his work. In fact, his writing is held in such low regard in archaeological circles that it is difficult to find references to him in reputable modern publications.

In the book Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection (Stellar House Publishing, 2009), author D. M. Murdoch, drawing heavily from Gerald Massey, identifies “Anup the Baptizer” as the Egyptian god Anubis. Murdoch then attempts to illustrate parallels between Anubis and John the Baptist.
    Some evidence exists in Egyptian tomb paintings and sculptures to support the idea that a ritual washing was done during the coronation of Pharaohs, but it is always depicted as having been done by the gods. This indicates that it may have been understood as a spiritual event that likely never happened in reality (cf. Alan Gardiner, “The Baptism of Pharaoh,” The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology, vol. 36). This happened only to kings (if it happened to them at all), and one searches in vain to find depictions of Horus being ritually washed by Anubis.
    Like Jesus, Horus was tempted while alone in the desert.
    The companion guide to the film Zeitgeist outlines the basis for this claim by explaining, “As does Satan with Jesus, Set (aka Seth) attempts to kill Horus. Set is the ‘god of the desert’ who battles Horus, while Jesus is tempted in the desert by Satan” (p. 23).

Doing battle with the “god of the desert” is not the same as being tempted while alone in the desert; and according to the Gospel accounts, Satan did not attempt to kill Jesus there (cf. Matt. 4, Mark 1:12-13, Luke 4:1-13).
    The relationship between Horus and Seth in the ancient Egyptian religion was quite different than the relationship between Jesus and Satan. While Seth and Horus were often at odds with each other, it was believed that their reconciliation was what allowed the pharaohs to rule over a unified country. It was believed that the pharaoh was a “Horus reconciled to Seth, or a gentleman in whom the spirit of disorder had been integrated” (The Oxford Guide to Egyptian Mythology, “Seth”). In stark contrast, there is never any reconciliation between Jesus and Satan in Scripture.
    Healed the sick, the blind, cast out demons, and walked on water.
    The Metternich Stella, a monument from the 4th century B.C., tells a story in which Horus is poisoned by Seth and brought back to life by the god Thoth at the request of his mother, Isis. The ancient Egyptians used the spell described on this monument to cure people. It was believed that the spirit of Horus would dwell within the sick, and they would be cured the same way he was. This spiritual indwelling is a far cry from the physical healing ministry of Christ. Horus did not travel the countryside laying his hands on sick people and restoring them to health.

He raised Asar from the dead. “Asar” translates to “Lazarus.”
    The name Osirus is a Greek transliteration of the Egyptian name Asar. As I mentioned earlier, Osirus is the father of Horus, and, according to the myth, he was killed by Seth and briefly brought back to life by Isis in order to conceive Horus. It was not Horus who raised “Asar” from the dead. It was his mother.

The name Lazarus is actually derived from the Hebrew word Eleazar meaning “God has helped.” This name was common among the Jews of Jesus’ time. In fact, two figures in the New Testament bear this name (cf. John 11, Luke 16:19-31).
    Oh, yeah, he also had twelve disciples.
    Again, this claim finds its origin in the work of Gerald Massey (Ancient Egypt: The Light of the World, book 12), which points to a mural depicting “the twelve who reap the harvest.” But Horus does not appear in the mural.

In the various Horus myths, there are indications of the four “Sons of Horus,” or six semi-gods, who followed him, and at times there were various numbers of human followers, but they never add up to twelve. Only Massey arrives at this number, and he does so only by referencing the mural with no Horus on it.
    Yes, Horus was crucified first.
    In many of the books and on the websites that attempt to make this connection, it is often pointed out that there are several ancient depictions of Horus standing with his arms spread in cruciform. One can only answer this with a heartfelt “So what?” A depiction of a person standing with his arms spread is not unusual, nor is it evidence that the story of a crucified savior predates that of Jesus Christ.

We do have extensive evidence from extra-biblical sources that the Romans around the time of Christ practiced crucifixion as a form of capital punishment. Not only that, but we have in the Bible actual eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ crucifixion. On the other hand, there is no historical evidence at all to suggest that the ancient Egyptians made use of this type of punishment.
    And after three days, two women announced Horus, the savior of humanity, had been resurrected.
    As I explained before, the story of the child Horus dying and being brought back to life is described on the Metternich Stella, which in no way resembles the sacrificial death of Jesus. Christ did not die as a child, only to be brought back to life because his grieving mother went to the animal-headed god of magic.

The mythology surrounding Horus is closely tied with the pharaohs, because they were believed to be Horus in life and Osirus in death. With the succession of pharaohs over the centuries came new variations on the myth. Sometimes Horus was believed to be the god of the sky, and at other times he was believed to be the god of war, at other times both; but he was never described as a “savior of humanity.”
    Combating the never-ending list of parallels
    If you do an Internet search on this subject, you will come across lists of supposed parallels between Jesus and Horus that are much longer than Bill Maher’s filmic litany. What they all have in common is that they do not cite their sources.

Should you encounter people who try to challenge you with these claims, ask them to explain where it is they got their information. Many times you will find that they originate with Gerald Massey or one of his contemporaries. Sometimes they have been repeated and expanded on by others. But these claims have little or no connection to the facts.
    You should challenge the person making the claim to produce a primary source or a statement from a scholarly secondary source that has a footnote that can be checked. Then make sure the sources being quoted come from scholars with a Ph.D. in a relevant field, such as a person who teaches Egyptology at the university level.
    Due to the mass of misinformation on the Internet and in print on this subject, it is important to respond to these claims using credible sources. Fortunately, there are many good books on Egypt and Egyptology in print. But there are also bad ones, so make sure to verify the author’s credentials before purchasing them.
    The study of ancient Egypt has come a long way since its beginning in the 1800s, and new discoveries are being made even today that improve upon our understanding of the subject. It’s safe to say they will do nothing to bolster the alleged Jesus-Horus connection.
    The Horus mythology developed over a period of 5,000 years, and as a result it can be a complex subject to tackle. But you don’t have to be an Egyptologist to answer all of these claims. You just need to know where to look for the answers—and to be aware of the claims’ flawed sources.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by OnkelChris View Post
    Religions are there for people who need to believe in something and for those who need a cloak for their pervert and violent inner self.
    yeah youre right. we are all actually here because of a magical big bang that happened out of nowhere and one coincidence after another a primary organism magically mutated and expanded and 1000000000 coincidences later we have reproduction and then species that can function and then species that can think and then also at the same time the moon and sun magically came into perfect and consistent orbit and then next thing you know we have a couple of guys livin the dream pickin fruits off trees while the sun shines during the day and the moon comes out at night and water to drink and then next thing you know we are here talking about how shitty a handicapper seaweed is and there is no reason why we are here its just all a bunch of coin flips and bang me and u are here lmao you know how fuking stupid your theory sounds u stupid fuk lmao

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

believing that something created this is not for people who are perverted and violent. its for people who can rationally think and realise its penetrating impossible that we are here out of sheer coincidence. sorry youre too dumb to look outside and realise that.

LoneWolf420

As expected no evidence provided by you, only ignorant claims. Go educate yourself before talking to someone who is a lifetime student of theology and history.
    Yeah, when I want credible, coherent, logical and scientific answers, I read catholic answers magazine. That entire article was a giant fabricated piece of gibberish put together by an idiot.

Bullshit, lifetime student of theology and history my ass. If that was the case you would know the history of Christianity is absolutely brutal. You would be a proponent of the scientific method and be anti-religionist agnostic if you were as educated as you claim to be. I'll take the conclusions of Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, and Stephen Hawking.

Swaggy P

Yeah, when I want credible, coherent, logical and scientific answers, I read catholic answers magazine. That entire article was a giant fabricated piece of gibberish put together by an idiot.

Bullshit, lifetime student of theology and history my ass. If that was the case you would know the history of Christianity is absolutely brutal. You would be a proponent of the scientific method and be anti-religionist agnostic if you were as educated as you claim to be. I'll take the conclusions of Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, and Stephen Hawking.
    Not the mention if he was such a Catholic then he wouldn't be on a gambling website.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

At least not on Sunday

ammy80108
    ammy80108's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Every religion has some bad people but it does not mean that religion is bad. I am a Indian Hindu. My country is often targeted by islamic extremist but we does not paint all islam with a terror tag. Have respect for each and every religion. Live and Let live peacefully.

LoneWolf420

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    Not the mention if he was such a Catholic then he wouldn't be on a gambling website.
    Good point ... Whoever that idiot was that put together that ignorant article about Horus sounds like Vanilla Ice denying ripping off Queen and David Bowie's Under Pressure to make Ice Ice Baby.

”We sampled it from them but it’s not the same bassline. It goes ‘ding ding ding di di ding ding… ding ding ding di di ding ding.’ That’s the way theirs goes. Ours goes ‘ding ding ding di di ding ding… DING… ding ding ding di di ding ding.’ That little bitty change - it’s not the same.” - Vanilla Ice

Swaggy P

I wouldn't knock on Christianity completely as a lot of people find great meaning in that religion, but it is simply dishonest and delusional to claim the bible does not contain passages of violence(or that those passages can be overlooked because they have to be given "context" you can throw that same argument with the koran as well)while attacking other religions and labeling them as violent and evil when there is much violence and evil in their own religion.

First 12