marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

so where is the list of healthy beer?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34

PaperTrail07

This beer is amazing too...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Not gonna let some corn hold me down

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Pretty bad when China turns down 85% of our corn shipments due to GMO.

Overall, China has barred nearly 1.45 million tons of corn shipments since last year, the National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA), an American industry association, said Friday.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Happy that my two beers of choice are NOT on this list

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5129

German beers are good. Reinheitsgebot http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...64764171,d.aWc

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Yall bitches can have your gmo corn, I'll over spend and get my shit at whole foods. In the debate of gmo produce, I could honestly care less what current research shows. And this coming from a guy that values research and science above almost all else.

On a side note, it's amazing how research is rarely not backed by someone with an financial interest in the topic and how the results always tend to support their best interests.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post

We've been genetically modifying foods for a pretty long time now, they ain't gonna kill you.
    Don't be so sure of that. Studies have proven many significant dangers of gmo consumption over the long term and even short term. It's a fact. GMO is dangerous.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm in the clear...........

I drink America's best tasting beer known as Old Mil Light......

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If your going to drink much better to drink hard liquor and better for your stomach and weight.

Most beer is for the poorrman

rarely see a rich guy sprawled out on the floor with 14 empty beer cans next to him although will will see him sipping blackberry brandy, vodka, scotch with a plate of coke next to him

I only drink beer if not enough money to buy hard liquor
    Beer's not exactly for the poor man around here. It's close to $24 a dozen. Easily can spend a couple hundred bucks in a week on beer.

PaperTrail07

I know a bunch of rich motherfuckers that still drink natty light bc they grew up on it....the rich yuppie....I agree drinks booze on the rocks...

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    I'm in the clear...........

I drink America's best tasting beer known as Old Mil Light......
    MGD Miller Genuine Draft. Union made in the USA!!!!!!!!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

MGD Miller Genuine Draft. Union made in the USA!!!!!!!!
    I don't know if ya know this but I live 30 miles east of Pittsburgh myself

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite8 View Post
    German beers are good. Reinheitsgebot http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...64764171,d.aWc
    Our beer is fukkin great BUT the Deutsches Reinheitsgebot is actually terribad. Simple as that.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

But seriously, I'll stick to Sculpin, Dirtwolf, Fresh Squeezed, and other nice IPAs. Extra corn syrup please.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Girls going into puberty younger and younger. More and more people with trouble starting families and having kids. Humongous creatures in our high schools 300 plus pounds quite the normal scene.

Anybody that doesn't think GMO's are affecting the human population is completely blind of what is going on around them.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I just switched from Miller Lite to Michelob Ultra a few months ago and couldn't be happier.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Yall bitches can have your gmo corn, I'll over spend and get my shit at whole foods. In the debate of gmo produce, I could honestly care less what current research shows. And this coming from a guy that values research and science above almost all else.

On a side note, it's amazing how research is rarely not backed by someone with an financial interest in the topic and how the results always tend to support their best interests.
    Bonus point.

If there's one thing I'll "overspend" on (and I'll debate that real food isn't expensive) is what goes inside of my body. It's crazy how commercials and propaganda have taken such deep roots in most people. Look no further than this thread for proof of this.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

it comes down to profit. They can make and extra 1 cent profit they will.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/surprisi...inogens-247845

Sierra Nevada, Heineken, and Amstel Light are fairly basic beers with non-GMO grains, and no artificial ingredients, stabilizers, or preservatives.

So What Beers Are Additive and GMO Free?
    If you enjoy the occasional beer and wish to maintain your healthy lifestyle, choosing one without GMOs and additives is ideal. Unfortunately, most of the mainstream beers available have additives, but luckily, there are a few that don’t. For example, Sierra Nevada, Heineken, and Amstel Light (7/31 UPDATE: It has come to my attention that Heinken USA has changed their formula to use GMOs – I called their customer service line 1-914-681-4100 to confirm and asked for the list of ingredients – the man told me “water, yeast, malted barley and hops” – then I asked if their beer contained any genetically engineered material and he confirmed “YES,” but wouldn’t tell me what ingredients are genetically engineered. They recently changed their formula after my initial research that started in late 2012.) (8/1 Update: Heineken reached out to me personally to say their customer service department made an error in telling me and others who called their beer has GMOs. I met with a head brew master and have viewed affidavits from the company and confirmed Heinken and Amstel Light do not contain GMOs – they apologize for the confusion.) appear to be pretty clean (but these companies still wouldn’t disclose the full list of ingredients to me. They did say they use non-GMO grains, no artificial ingredients, stabilizers or preservatives).
    German Beers are also a good bet. The Germans are very serious about the purity of their beers and enacted a purity law called “Reinheitsgebot” that requires all German beers to be only produced with a core ingredient list of water, hops, yeast, malted barley or wheat. Advocates of German beers insist that they taste cleaner and some even claim they don’t suffer from hangovers as a result.
    An obvious choice to consider is also Certified Organic Beers. They are required by law to not include GMOs and other harmful additives. Organic beers also support environmental friendly practices and reduce the amount of pesticides and toxins in our air, support organic farmers – which is a huge plus. (To this day, the beer drinkers in my family haven’t found one they love so if you have suggestions, please let us know in the comments!)
    Craft & Microbrews Beers – For certain local craft and micro beers, you can ask those companies for a list of ingredients and many of them will be up front with you. However, companies like Miller Coors are slowly closing in on craft beers and buying them up one by one… like they did when they created the unique popular variety called Blue Moon (the beer you drink with an orange) and Anhesuer-Busch did this with Rolling Rock and Goose Island Brewery. Make sure your favorite craft and microbrew is still independently owned and controlled before taking a sip.
    In the end – if you decide to drink beer, you are definitely drinking at your own risk for more reasons than just the crazy ingredients that could be in them. The key point to remember is – if you like to drink beer and want to be healthy, drink it infrequently and quiz the beer companies for the truth. Find a beer that you can trust and stick with it.

http://foodbabe.com/2013/07/17/the-s...ients-in-beer/

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

So my Keystone Light is still good then?

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    I don't know if ya know this but I live 30 miles east of Pittsburgh myself
    Yes, I did know.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Anyone who drinks mich ultra is a hack and fukking girl anyway

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    German Beers are also a good bet. The Germans are very serious about the purity of their beers and enacted a purity law called “Reinheitsgebot” that requires all German beers to be only produced with a core ingredient list of water, hops, yeast, malted barley or wheat. Advocates of German beers insist that they taste cleaner and some even claim they don’t suffer from hangovers as a result.

Ah, Bremen, Germany in the 12th Century. The city renown as a famous brewing center and where our Girl was born. Her name, "St. Pauli" comes from the ancient St. Paul's Monastery on which the original St. Pauli Brewery was founded and built in the 17th Century. She tastes great and may be good for our soul too.

Our St. Pauli Girl Beer is brewed with only the finest natural ingredients, without any compromise to quality or taste. In fact, St. Pauli Girl is brewed according to an ancient food regulation still in force throughout Germany today.
    A Bavarian duke known as Wilhem IV sought to establish a far-reaching standard, which all German beers were required to follow. The German Purity Law of 1516 created a common ground for "how beer is to be brewed and served in both winter and fall." The actual decree states: "In particular we wish that from now on, in all towns, markets and villages, nothing more is used for beer than barley malt, hops and water alone."
    St. Pauli Girl Lager and Special Dark were first introduced into select U.S. markets in 1965, and then expanded nationally by 1975. St. Pauli Non-Alcoholic was first sold in the United States in 1991.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Seaweed just doesn't realize WHY fish blatter is used in the process
    He better never drinks wine, vodka or campari... Like every vegan.

EDIT: Oh, and just btw: The Guiness for the USA is brewed in Canada and it is vegan (no fish blatter used)
    from the guinness website: All the GUINNESS® sold in the UK, Ireland and North America is brewed in Ireland at the historic St. James's Gate Brewery in Dublin.

guinness extra stout from canada though.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

the best part of the gmo debate are the retards that pour sodium, sugar, preservatives, etc in their body are worried about produce

the funniest part is that life expectancy continues to extend but everything we breathe and eat is going to kill us

the paranoia, it is real
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Spot on, Drinker...I could care less what "scientific" studies say....I have Uncle's and Aunt's that lived to be 95+ in my family and they smoked cigarettes their whole lives and ate bacon, sausage, ham, eggs, for breakfast almost every other day...not to mention putting a shitload of butter on bread and biscuits...My Uncle George lived to be 88 and he smoked at least 2 - 3 cigars a day as for most of his adult life!!...myself, I'm still going to continue drinking Miller Lite.......I'm going to live my life doing the things that I love and enjoy and let the chips fall where they may!...

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    the best part of the gmo debate are the retards that pour sodium, sugar, preservatives, etc in their body are worried about produce

the funniest part is that life expectancy continues to extend but everything we breathe and eat is going to kill us

the paranoia, it is real
    Not about life expectancy at all, I just feel a lot better eating non-gmo foods. Maybe it's a placebo but I doubt it. And don't make the mistake of confusing life expectancy with life quality. There is a big difference and simply living longer doesn't automatically include better quality.

Personally, a few less years for feeling better and a higher quality of life? Absolutely

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Spot on, Drinker...I could care less what "scientific" studies say....I have Uncle's and Aunt's that lived to be 95+ in my family and they smoked cigarettes their whole lives and ate bacon, sausage, ham, eggs, for breakfast almost every other day...not to mention putting a shitload of butter on bread and biscuits...My Uncle George lived to be 88 and he smoked at least 2 - 3 cigars a day as for most of his adult life!!...myself, I'm still going to continue drinking Miller Lite.......I'm going to live my life doing the things that I love and enjoy and let the chips fall where they may!...
    And I bet all that sausage eggs and ham were non gmo

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

manster i hear you but what im saying is that these morons think clean living + gmo produce = early death

of course they dont know we've been eating gmo food for decades and our life expectancy continues to increase in spite of all of the garbage that the typical lowlife paula-porker-type american continutes to pour into their bodies

the biggest problem in america is obesity and dumping processed foods into our collective bodies...has nothing to do with the fukkin produce that we eat

fukkin morons eating ramen noodles and kraft mac and cheese every night blaming gluten and the crops that are in the boxes that shit comes in

fukking losers....everywhere in sbr

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

the main reason that gmo, gluten, corn syrup, non-organic, etc are now bad is that there is money to be made off of the fear.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    And I bet all that sausage eggs and ham were non gmo
    exactly right, Kraken!...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    the main reason that gmo, gluten, corn syrup, non-organic, etc are now bad is that there is money to be made off of the fear.

kaabee gets it

how much do stores charge for organic produce just for starters?

a lot of times theres no difference....and when there is and you see produce shipped across the country or the continent thats organic its usually got fuel fumes that no one gives a fuk about

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    manster i hear you but what im saying is that these morons think clean living + gmo produce = early death

of course they dont know we've been eating gmo food for decades and our life expectancy continues to increase in spite of all of the garbage that the typical lowlife paula-porker-type american continutes to pour into their bodies

the biggest problem in america is obesity and dumping processed foods into our collective bodies...has nothing to do with the fukkin produce that we eat

fukkin morons eating ramen noodles and kraft mac and cheese every night blaming gluten and the crops that are in the boxes that shit comes in

fukking losers....everywhere in sbr

I hear you loud and clear, Drinker... this is what makes the world go around...to each their own, mang!......Just like today when I was at Chipotle for lunch and the girl that was ahead of me ordered a bowl instead of a burrito and then turned around and proceeded to tell me that it was healthier because no carbs from the tortilla but then she gets everything put into it with extra sour cream!......I was like ...too funny, bro!
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave Da Manster! 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 123 Last