sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

no brainer, id be gone

the tough q is who would you bring????

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    How is she collecting SS but she lives there?
    You don't have to live in the United States if you collect Social Security.

There are only 3-4 countries you can not have your social security payment deposited into --- Cuba, North Korea, Cambodia-- and Vietnam may still be on the list.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

How is she collecting SS but she lives there?
    they changed the laws a few years ago...you can collect SS anywhere now except for like four countries which are on our "hostile" list or whatever they call it....furthermore, she is a US citizen and moved back over there after dad passed away in 2004....

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Where have you been the last 20 years? LOL

Loyalty? Please.

If 10 million is right in front of them, THEY ARE ALL GOING.

The only ones who won't are the ones already rich.
    Well then, explain the 7 out of 20 35% that would take the money and the 65% that wouldn't?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

10 mill is not even a question....I think maybe 500 grand would be a fair question

You throw the 10 mill on the table, there's no way 13 of 20 are turnin it down....Bunch of frauds

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    I don't get the bring one person with you, couldn't others just come with you on their own free will? Zero doubt I'd take the money. Always heard Toronto is gorgeous.
    You misunderstood.....

You have to leave America in one week and never come back. You can bring anyone you want with you, would you go for Ten million dollars tax free? About 7 of 20 raised their hands and these idiot announcers were surprised that SO MANY did. I couldn't believe how few did.

You can bring anyone you want. You can bring ten people, fifty, none. Whoever you decide as long as they agree to come of course

scurd8
    scurd8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

50g's and I'm gon shawty

James D

Great answers guys, like I said the only reason I posted this was only 7/20 said they would go and the news anchor was surprised it was that high! Wtf did she think they would all say no we are staying and then stand up and recite the pledge of allegiance???

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    You're also posting this question on a sportsbetting forum where we've either seen or experienced the govt taking away and/or heavily taxing the things we love to do. A lot of people are blind to this shit.

I'd absolutely do it. In America, if I make $1000 in forex, I keep $610. In Belize/Caymans/Hong Kong, I make $1000, I keep $1000. I've been planning a future exit strategy for awhile now.
    I agree gamblers have a unique perspective. But many other people have a unique perspective in their worlds as well. Whether it's a factory worker / white collar working stiff/ cab driver/ house keeper/ I could list 1000 jobs that people realize they are just grinding day to day week to week month to month and year to year with very little chance if not zero chance to have a luxurious life. They are virtually all going and are fools if they don't

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'd live in hell for 10 million dollars. No brainer.
    LOL well said.

I find it impossible to believe only 7 out of 20 said they would if the circumstances were as you stated them.
    Anyone who wouldn't is a moron.
    I could see saying no to a million but no one's turning down 10.
    I agree Benny except the some of the very wealthy, and the funny thing is many very wealthy would do it also

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    What you guys aren't taking into account is patriotism. Those people value themselves as patriots and will
    fight to the death for their country. It's clear by the responses here, were their loyalty lies.
    if 65% of Americans were so patriotic they would turn this down (like in this focus group 13 of 20) our country would be in a lot better shape then it is now. We would still be the only major world power and it would never change. Those 13 said no because they were on TV and it's not a real offer.

Where have you been the last 20 years? LOL

Loyalty? Please.

If 10 million is right in front of them, THEY ARE ALL GOING.

The only ones who won't are the ones already rich.
    Agree with everything Benny says here.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

LMAO....is this thread a joke.....I'd leave for a lot less and NEVER return lol

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

500K is a thinker...no doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    10 mill is not even a question....I think maybe 500 grand would be a fair question

You throw the 10 mill on the table, there's no way 13 of 20 are turnin it down....Bunch of frauds

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

There's a difference between what people say and what people do. It's a hypothetical question so your not going to get real answers. If fox actually had 10 million for each of them it would be a different story. I would say at least 18 would jump on this deal and probably all 20 but there's always a couple assholes in a group.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    There's a difference between what people say and what people do. It's a hypothetical question so your not going to get real answers. If fox actually had 10 million for each of them it would be a different story. I would say at least 18 would jump on this deal and probably all 20 but there's always a couple assholes in a group.
    I originally said if I made a betting line it would be 18 or 18.5 just like you said. But when I think about it I would say 19 is right. To me 95% or 19/20 seems very reasonable.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

easy decision as long as you get to decide where you are going.

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

What do you think the number is that would be 50/50 for "normal Americans".....The normal 9-5 middle class, not anyone in the shitter or really rich

I think it would be probably 100k where you would get about half saying yes, half saying no....Gotta figure a lot of people would wanna get the hell out and start new regardless

The never coming back to America even to visit hurts

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11138

I'd move to canada tomorrow.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Lkid would be on the short list to ride....

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Is this a serious question? Who in their right mind wouldn't say yes in a heartbeat unless they're already well set for life??

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Without a doubt, I'd leave the country for a better job - no questions asked.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Cya

James D

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    What do you think the number is that would be 50/50 for "normal Americans".....The normal 9-5 middle class, not anyone in the shitter or really rich

I think it would be probably 100k where you would get about half saying yes, half saying no....Gotta figure a lot of people would wanna get the hell out and start new regardless

The never coming back to America even to visit hurts
    define normal american? 100k is too low I think, because people are naturally optimistic and think things will Improve. 100k improvement in life is possible and believable to regulars americans, millions is for the most part not. So for 100k most the smart ones aren't leaving

boomernyc
    boomernyc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 385

i left the country forever just after PUTIN's "ambassador" rattled is saber and warned the USA the the USSR was a nuclear power...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAmmuuv4NBg

enjoy the craters of new jersEY!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    define normal american? 100k is too low I think, because people are naturally optimistic and think things will Improve. 100k improvement in life is possible and believable to regulars americans, millions is for the most part not. So for 100k most the smart ones aren't leaving
    Just your average American making 5 figures lower-middle and middle class working the daily grind with no real shot at improving much for the foreseeable future

What do you think the number would be where half would say yes, half say no?

You throw down 100k on the table I think half take the money and peace

A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and less people are optimistic than you think

People with a ton of education and good job prospects or people making 6 figures obviously would prob not take the 100k

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    100K and no job? Fukk that.

I need 7 figures before I leave my job in the states. Even then, I need a job lined up soon.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 561

1o million is a slam dunk, make it 2 million or 1 million if you want to make people think about it more.

First 12