boomerbust
    boomerbust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1293

Anyone watch the wannabe Brandon Link on CNBC?

It's about some dooshbag boiler room sales guy who gets suckers to bet more than they want to on games when hey come to Vegas. I guess he gets a % from the suckers after hey do an extreme chase of what they have already lost. Funny stuff. It looks to me like each sales guy just picks who he likes and would be a great fade.

steve masters
    steve masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

i was just about to post this, i hope somebody starts getting their picks, the fade has gotta be strong

boomerbust

The door on their strip mall place said VIP sports, maybe I'll look them up. The fade has to be huge tonight with very few games and all the exposure they've gotten.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

It's a fake show. The guy is not a capper, he's a former con. Google him.

NoLimitz80
    NoLimitz80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2149

It is defintely not a fake show. Just a scammer who faked out cnbc in thinking he is a legit handicapper.

boomerbust

Got a call back and the doosh wanted to give me a free play for the low low low cost of 250$ for a processing fee. Cant even get a free fade out of the aholes. Says they've been in the same building for 13 years LOL!

UZI Suicide
    semper in excretum
    UZI Suicide's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7765

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    It's a fake show. The guy is not a capper, he's a former con. Google him.
    Yeah, he bilked senior citizens out of their cash... real scum bag this guy. Probably a cousin of Lang.

steve masters
    steve masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

that show is so incredibly fake and if you don't think so you don;t know much about sports betting, i could write off a thousand examples of incidences that are blatently fake but i have to go to the gym and work so maybe some other time. these guys are clowns

CrimsonTiger
    CrimsonTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5386

I didn't see the "handicappers" betting - not even $10! So client pays him, client bets and loses client doubles down and loses then client bets the rest of what he's got (total $100,000) and wins $60,000 - $33,000 for a profit of $27,000. Ends nice but...
    Stevens says don't talk to me about percentages, lol but it never cost him a cent. He also called his "#1 handicapper" a salesman. How many people can bet over their head, double down and then double down again? This guy makes some of the more popular scammers look good!

peppermillrick
    peppermillrick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

peppermillrick

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12521

Steve Stevens is fake and so is the show.

Per SB Nation article-"CNBC is set to air a "reality show" called "Money Talks" in September, which takes us inside VIP Sports Las Vegas, supposedly run by a man named Steve Stevens. There's a problem: it appears Steve Stevens isn't who he says he is.

Steve Stevens is a big-time Las Vegas handicapper with VIP Sports. That's what Steve Stevens and CNBC say, anyway, as they prepare for "Money Talks," a "docu-soap" ("reality show" in other words) that will focus on the company of Stevens, the handicapper himself, and the agents and clients who risk big money on sports for what is hyped as a 71.5% chance at the right pick, thanks to ol' Steve Stevens himself.

The issue? Steve Stevens isn't Steve Stevens, apparently. Wager Minds ran a thorough debunking of this entire show and the star of the program yesterday, pointing out that this VIP Sports Las Vegas company is registered to a Darin Notaro, who happens to look exactly like Steve Stevens. Darin Notaro has quite a history:

Well, there's a Darin Notaro in Las Vegas who was on probation for six federal felony counts of telemarketing fraud by wire when he was arrested for his role in a 1999 telemarketing scam that bilked elderly victims out of more than $234,000. Notaro was ordered to pay back $12,230 and sentenced to one year in jail. At the time of that arrest, Notaro was 25 years old. Two years later, at age 27, Notaro was arrested for another telemarketing scam where, again, he targeted elderly people. Oh, and Notaro, who has at least one confirmed alias of Darin Sasser, was arrested for a previous telemarketing scam at the age of 24.
    A couple of days ago, Todd Fuhrman, a former oddsmaker at Caesar's Palace, says that nobody has heard of "Steve Stevens":

"CNBC calls this handicapper well known. Yet, oddly enough no one, and I mean no one, in the sports betting community I speak with daily knows who this guy is."
    The "sizzle reel," which features a lot of "Stevens" colorfully saying "************" and "penetrate" and "fuckin'" and giving us awesome bad boy street lingo that makes us believe this is a confident man (confidence man?) who knows his motherfucking penetrating shit, ************, has Stevens claiming he hits "70%, 69%" of his picks. CNBC's video editors then say it's 71.5%.

The odds of that, according to Sports Insights, are about one trillion to one.

Then there's the connection to Floyd Mayweather. Turn Left Productions, which helped produce Mayweather's absurd "30 Days in May" special for Showtime Sports, is also a producer for "Money Talks." And Darin Notaro was once called the "manager" of Mayweather's Philthy Rich Records, and was seen in "30 Days" as "Darin Notaro, Friend/Local Businessman." VIP Sports Las Vegas has offices just a couple of doors down from the Mayweather Boxing Club:

Certainly, it does not appear right now as if Mayweather is part of some great big scam going on, and it does appear that Notaro/Stevens is just a guy running a business, however he got there, and no, he shouldn't be held to what he did at age 25 forever. From what anyone can tell, he paid the penalties for that, and CNBC says they know about "Steve Stevens'" criminal background, and that they believe people will want to see this show, which doesn't seem like the real mission for a news organization, but then that ship probably sailed a long time ago.

The problem is that there are some major transparency issues here. He's called "well-known," but he isn't. The hype of a 71.5% success rate have already been shot down as ridiculous at best, or in the words of Bob Voulgaris, the claims of "a complete scam artist."

UZI Suicide
    semper in excretum
    UZI Suicide's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7765

What a crook, this guy also stole Billy Idol's lead guitar players name, Steve Stevens, lol.

peppermillrick

Wojo

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimitz80 View Post
    It is defintely not a fake show. Just a scammer who faked out cnbc in thinking he is a legit handicapper.
    YOU don't have a CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy NEVER has been a capper!

CNBC knew better. They did do research into real cappers. I had friends that thought they were going to get the show.

The guy has been a con! NOT a capper.

Figure it out, NoLimitz.

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

TV educated and I hope U lose all your money its the same as cash

DJNY
    DJNY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2166

The problem with trying to do a reality show with any good handicappers is the fact that most of them would not be good for T.V. Good Cappers know how to control their emotions, etc.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

I think the guy is legit. He'll he preaches money management which is the key to winning. His skills of money management consists on doubling and tripling down on ur losses. This guy is gonna bury more guys then the grave digger down the street.

Wojo

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I think the guy is legit.
    You obviously haven't read anything about this guy or googled his name. Otherwise, you would have found out he has NEVER been a capper, but instead was convicted of phone fraud in scamming elderly people.

I have some friends in Nigeria who would like to give you a phone call, Thor. You will make 100's of thousands of dollars by doing what they say.

Geez, P.T. Barnum was right.
    Last edited by Wojo; 03-29-14 at 11:09 PM.