TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

might volunteer with hospice

figure ill need them someday. quit booze totally. need 4 months to lose weight figure i can certainly spare a few hours a week
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweethook

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    figure ill need them someday. quit booze totally. need 4 months to lose weight figure i can certainly spare a few hours a week
    Good man. That is not an easy gig but anything you can do for those about to pass will help you both in your journey.

Best of luck with your sobriety. That as well is not an easy thing.

Best post on site today.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

spare a few hours? Going out on a short limb here and say you have no idea what it takes to be someone completing hospice care for someone.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

This is not for the faint at heart. It will be emotionally and physically draining, not something to be half in

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

they have other duties besides contact with patients

quitting booze is easy. im pretty sure im getting diabetes its in my family. i have this constant dull headache lately and when it finally goes away (if ever) ill be so glad i wont touch booze

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

That would take time away from gambling though

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

i suck at gamblinmg

Smoke

I see

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

they have other duties besides contact with patients

quitting booze is easy. im pretty sure im getting diabetes its in my family. i have this constant dull headache lately and when it finally goes away (if ever) ill be so glad i wont touch booze
    not quite true for all. as a former addict to narcotics, getting and staying clean is the hardest thing ive ever had to do without a doubt. ive seen people trying to quit booze...those withdrawals can literally kill you.

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    not quite true for all. as a former addict to narcotics, getting and staying clean is the hardest thing ive ever had to do without a doubt. ive seen people trying to quit booze...those withdrawals can literally kill you.
    Not like painkillers though that shit is basically heroin

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

good luck on the altruistic path

also NODA (no one dies alone) is an excellent organization you should also look into

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

you ain't got diabetes ya fck. go try the hospice work out, back on the bottle in a week.

Cuse0323

mud, how ya been man? one of the main guys there for me when I stopped all my shit though can't say its lasted but nothing like it was. you still on the straight and narrow?

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    mud, how ya been man? one of the main guys there for me when I stopped all my shit though can't say its lasted but nothing like it was. you still on the straight and narrow?
    doing well cuse. good to you see. glad you got your shit under control. still opiate free but dont want to give up the chronic. at least with the bud, i can maintain a productive life. those opiates made my life pure chaos.

Cuse0323

doing well cuse. good to you see. glad you got your shit under control. still opiate free but dont want to give up the chronic. at least with the bud, i can maintain a productive life. those opiates made my life pure chaos.
    good to hear my man, a little chronic ain't too bad. definitely never want that chaos again with the ops but hard sometimes not to indulge. glad to hear you're doing well.

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Not like painkillers though that shit is basically heroin
    indeed they are. oxy is literally pharmaceutical made herion in a pill form as far as how it affects the brain.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

figure ill need them someday. quit boozeI help build totally. need 4 months to lose weight figure i can certainly spare a few hours a week
    Dude...that's an admirable thing to do I help build ramps on homes with the Wounded Warrior Project and there are days I go home crying man...people are ten times worse off then I'll ever be

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Good for you if you help hospice--just went thru a terrible death with my mom. Hospice helps, the morphine speeds up the dying process. But a horrible thing to deal with-my father was worse- Pick"s disease. Tombstones do not talk back. gl all.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

I volunteer at the VA Hospital here, it varies from delivering meals, to pushing patients to get xrays/scans in wheelchairs, to sometimes helping in the kitchen.

Hospice a little heavy, not saying don't do it, maybe just really think about it.

Good luck in what ever you do Tony,

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

this is a good deal , go forward young man ....

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789