PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Andrew Carlssin Time Traveler From The Future Turned $800 Into $350M Then Disappeared

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I remember getting junk mail claiming a company has a process of extracting oil from the sand around 2007.
    I believe it was a machine that used microwaves to heat up the sand to extract the oil. It was also to be used
    to turn old tires and plastic into oil also.

I also heard that oil is renewable on it's own and didn't come from decayed ocean creatures. Once the place
    where they extracted oil becomes empty, they need to wait a few years for it to replenish.

As far as that guy being a time traveler, who knows what we invent 200 years into the future. It's possible.
    It's good to know we are still alive then.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I remember getting junk mail claiming a company has a process of extracting oil from the sand around 2007.
    I believe it was a machine that used microwaves to heat up the sand to extract the oil. It was also to be used

I also heard that oil is renewable on it's own and didn't come from decayed ocean creatures. Once the place
    where they extracted oil becomes empty, they need to wait a few years for it to replenish.

As far as that guy being a time traveler, who knows what we invent 200 years into the future. It's possible.
    Very interesting.

I heard years ago that oil is naturally renewable also. They need to find a way to extract it without fukking up the environment though.

sethm
    sethm's Avatar Become A Pro!

If he's not a time-traveler, he's a genius. Earning $350 million dollars with an initial investment of $800 in just two weeks is impressive. It would be pretty much impossible to do so with inside information alone (it would take time to collect that intel).

Time-traveler?

Sure, it sounds plausible; but if so, why would he come back to the beginning of the 21st century instead of going to another time period (I can think of many ways to become rich by going back into the early 1900's, and then leave it to my future self so I can collect when I travel back to the 21st century)?

Guess we need to find him and ask for the results of March Madness and all Super Bowl matches from this century just to be sure he's from the future.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The guy that drove his car across the country on water was assassinated.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The guy that drove his car across the country on water was assassinated.
    Are you fukkin serious? The guy from Tennessee?

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also heard that oil is renewable on it's own and didn't come from decayed ocean creatures.
    Abiotic oil theory.

A guy who used to own a Canadian Football team had a lot of people hyped up on it back in the day.

Didn't pan out

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Are you fukkin serious? The guy from Tennessee?
    It's an older story, but he was assassinated.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I better not do my idea then. My idea doesn't even use water.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Un. Fukkin. Real.

And people really want to make an argument that we are still a free people and aren't totally owned by corporations?

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are owned by a corporation, I would like to buy you and put you out of your misery.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Cars all of the sudden running on water would hurt us more than help us in the short run...

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    If you are owned by a corporation, I would like to buy you and put you out of your misery.
    You don't think you're owned by corporations?

Every time you need to get gas, who do you pay?

Every time you make a charge on your CC who do you pay?

Every time you need to eat and buy groceries who do you pay?

Your life is owned lock, stock and barrel by corporations.

You think you have rights? You only have what they let you have.

To get your rights, you would probably need to march and set up rallies and even then nothing is guaranteed.

Corporations buy votes through lobbyists.

You think you're free?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Cars all of the sudden running on water would hurt us more than help us in the short run...
    You mean it would hurt Big Oil.

Probably why he was killed.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey fck stain lay off the caffeine. Thanks!

HERBJONES
    HERBJONES's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5494

from wikipedia....

Stock-trading time traveler

Andrew Carlssin is a fictitious person who was reportedly arrested in January 2002 for SEC violations for making 126 high-risk stock trades and being successful on every one. As reported, Carlssin started with an initial investment of $800 and ended with over $350,000,000, which drew the attention of the SEC. Later reports suggest that after his arrest, he submitted a four-hour confession wherein he claimed to be a time traveler from 200 years in the future. He offered to tell investigators such things as the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and the cure for AIDS in return for a lesser punishment and to be allowed to return to his time craft,[15] although he refused to tell investigators the location or workings of his craft.[16]
    The Carlssin story originated as a fictional piece in Weekly World News a satirical newspaper, and was later repeated by Yahoo! News, where its fictitious nature became less apparent. It was soon reported by other newspapers and magazines as fact. This in turn drove word-of-mouth spread through email inboxes and internet forums, leading to far more detailed descriptions of events.[17]

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by HERBJONES View Post
    from wikipedia....

Stock-trading time traveler

Andrew Carlssin is a fictitious person who was reportedly arrested in January 2002 for SEC violations for making 126 high-risk stock trades and being successful on every one. As reported, Carlssin started with an initial investment of $800 and ended with over $350,000,000, which drew the attention of the SEC. Later reports suggest that after his arrest, he submitted a four-hour confession wherein he claimed to be a time traveler from 200 years in the future. He offered to tell investigators such things as the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and the cure for AIDS in return for a lesser punishment and to be allowed to return to his time craft,[15] although he refused to tell investigators the location or workings of his craft.[16]
    The Carlssin story originated as a fictional piece in Weekly World News a satirical newspaper, and was later repeated by Yahoo! News, where its fictitious nature became less apparent. It was soon reported by other newspapers and magazines as fact. This in turn drove word-of-mouth spread through email inboxes and internet forums, leading to far more detailed descriptions of events.[17]
    That wiki page is pure bullshit.

The Andrew Carlssin event happened. I remember when the story first broke, every newspaper in the country had the story. FBI officials were quoted as well.

And since when the the mainstream media pick up stories from the weekly world news? LOL

Never.

Someone is trying to cover up this story and altered the wiki page to reflect that.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

http://www.amazon.com/Replay-Ken-Gri...rimwood+replay

Sounds a lot like the plot in this book, except when the guy came back in time he would bet on sports and the ponies.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Replay-Ken-Gri...rimwood+replay

Sounds a lot like the plot in this book, except when the guy came back in time he would bet on sports and the ponies.
    Looks interesting.