zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

I am not even joking...

I sold $5k of firewood today….thats just short of of 10 cords in total….

People are worried about power outages for a week plus down here in Atlanta…I got over 40 phone calls and am getting more as I type this but am completely bone dry of wood, I have depleted all my resources...

Normally I sell with delivery for $180 a half cord but today I was getting $200 for people to come pick it up..decided not to leave the house as it would take to much time delivering…most people just bought wheel barrows which are $30 but I get about 15 of those for a cord...

I actually had one guy just now…buy the logs cut to length…said he would find a way to bust them up if need be..

I wonder what would happen to this city and nation if some epidemic or apocalypse actually hit….

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I burned 4.5 cords and now I'm out...and I give up.

Good business.

Not sure what would happen but things like fresh water, batteries, wood, charcoal, medicine, booze, ect., would have a lot of trading value. Like the old days I reckon.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Yeah its nuts I didn't have anything to do today because everything was cancelled and the weather was nice when I woke up and already had like 5 phone calls….figured hey. might as well sell wood…then they kept coming..didnt even have time to eat or count the money in my pocket till about 10 minutes ago and my mind is blown..

like I was just selling here and there not keeping track of anything. thats the quickest 5k I have made legally ever in my life…and not bad for one day classes were cancelled and I had wood sitting at my shop.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

zacher start cutting your neighbors trees down

They'll understand

Codasintehhouse
    Codasintehhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10942

LOL I sell seasoned Oak for $180 a cord

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

unreal

Not a bad days work

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Why are they worried about power outages? From drivers crashing into utility poles?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Why are they worried about power outages? From drivers crashing into utility poles?
    Kermy it's the southeast pal...ice! Trees freeze over and the limbs break or drop onto lines and knock out the power. There is no soft pretty fluffy powder once you get to the Carolinas and south.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Kermy it's the southeast pal...ice! Trees freeze over and the limbs break or drop onto lines and knock out the power. There is no soft pretty fluffy powder once you get to the Carolinas and south.
    We have ice up here too(The average temp over the last 2 weeks has been about 15 degrees) and I don't know anyone that is concerned with power outages. I know the south is a bit different since they rarely ever experience the torment that is winter and their states do not have a reason to prepare for it.

Do the trees down south hold leaves all year long which in turn would have a tendency to hold more weight which would result in more downed trees? The majority of the shit in my yard and what I've been shoveling for the last month is ice and not fluffy powder.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Way to go Zach! I hope you saved yourself some wood. Saw on the news this morning you guys are slipping and sliding all over the roads. I see the sand/ salt trucks weren't out yet.

Here's a trick for driving on ice. Let 5 pounds of air out of your tires. Keep an even pedal and steer slow. If you get out of shape, steer out of it and don't touch the brakes. Sometimes you have to punch the gas and a combination of the brake pedal to get out of a hairy situation.

HERBJONES
    HERBJONES's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5494

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post
    I sold $5k of firewood today….thats just short of of 10 cords in total….

People are worried about power outages for a week plus down here in Atlanta…I got over 40 phone calls and am getting more as I type this but am completely bone dry of wood, I have depleted all my resources...

Normally I sell with delivery for $180 a half cord but today I was getting $200 for people to come pick it up..decided not to leave the house as it would take to much time delivering…most people just bought wheel barrows which are $30 but I get about 15 of those for a cord...

I actually had one guy just now…buy the logs cut to length…said he would find a way to bust them up if need be..

I wonder what would happen to this city and nation if some epidemic or apocalypse actually hit….
    havent you seen the 4 season long show about fvcktards from georgia with a world full of resources who still havent figured out how to outsmart mindless slow moving zombies?

great job snappin up some quick cash tho

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by HERBJONES View Post
    havent you seen the 4 season long show about fvcktards from georgia with a world full of resources who still havent figured out how to outsmart mindless slow moving zombies?

great job snappin up some quick cash tho
    The fact that their geographic location in Georgia has never led them to make way to the coast and take up refuge on one of the many islands off Georgia/Florida kills me.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by HERBJONES View Post
    havent you seen the 4 season long show about fvcktards from georgia with a world full of resources who still havent figured out how to outsmart mindless slow moving zombies?great job snappin up some quick cash tho
    Too be fair they actually got 2 or 3 inches of snow

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

hahaah that walk dead sign is perfect for what is happening…Got a buddy on call delivered another half cord this morning for $400 I have a decent truck but the tires traction is terrible my friends got mud terrains with chains and 4x4 with an emergency light rack on top….had three calls today only one person took the bait… $400 for a half cord delivered today..

I kind of feel bad but then again..supply and demand.. 92k are without power now in the Southeast…54k in Georgia… Im fine I don't even have a fireplace myself so don't need to save any wood.