James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

So my close friends purse got stolen at Costco in westlake village

She puts her purse down next to her cart to get a case of water and forgets to pick it up. She goes halfway down the aisle and realizes, races back and it's gone. The messed up part is she is upset goes to the manager and he is a complete POS to her. I am shocked because costco is normally awesome and she is such a nice respectful lady there is no way she would instigate anything. She even said to him " I have someone picking me up can you just hold my cart aside so I can get money, I shopped for an hour". The manager said no we have to restock it, even though a clerk said to him, "I can put it in the cooler " This idiot manager also told the clerk that wasn't an option. "Cesar" was his name and he was so rude I can not wait to call the Store manager tomorrow. I am sure Cesar thinks that's the end of it but his sorry ass is in for a rude awakening.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Get him, James. Make Cesar regret the day he was born.

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

this is a good thing, it will never happen to her again. dose of reality

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

check the CCTV and track the customer's Costco number. they either have the membership, or someone they know does.

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Did she look behind the 50 gallon drum of peanut butter
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba, and James D

ig0tbanned
    ig0tbanned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Give the Cesar what he deserves!

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

yea costco usually has great customer service, dont let this one go. I am sure they could of looked at the security cameras and seen where her purse went

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet it was a fukkin spook.

James D

Ok guys since sometimes I actually learn something in the place I have a question maybe someone can offer me some assistance. I kept the pressure on costco corporate and they are allowing me to view the store tapes for the timeframe in question. I will be sitting with the loss prevention chief of the store reviewing the tapes on Saturday. Any ideas besides the obvious as to what I should be looking for? Any clever ways to conceal a large purse I should be looking out for? The purse never turned up so it is VERY likely it left the store within a few minutes of it being stolen.

Any input will be appreciated. It goes without saying is we catch him his picture will be posted in this thread

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could have easily been a her as a him. No need to conceal it, if it never turned up in the store then they probably just tossed it over their shoulder or passed it off to an accomplice to put over their shoulder and walked out like they owned it.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Lion4Life View Post
    Could have easily been a her as a him.
    Very true. In fact I have some experience in retail and can tell you shoplifting is mostly a female thing, purse snatching I don't know. All ages and colors too.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Hopefully you will get to see a shot of the aisle and see them taking it.

My mother did a similar thing when I was shopping with her recently. Didn't realize for 10+ minutes.

She had a mini panic. But someone had handed it in. Unfortunately they didn't leave their name so she could thank them, but was nice to know honest people are still around too.

Hope you catch them.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by cruzing vato View Post
    Did she look behind the 50 gallon drum of peanut butter

James D

Quote Originally Posted by Lion4Life View Post
    Could have easily been a her as a him. No need to conceal it, if it never turned up in the store then they probably just tossed it over their shoulder or passed it off to an accomplice to put over their shoulder and walked out like they owned it.
    I have considered this, if someone walks out with this large expensive Louis Vuitton bag I am going to find the video of them walking in, and it better be with a large expensive Louis Vuitton bag

Thank you for the reply.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Hopefully you will get to see a shot of the aisle and see them taking it.

My mother did a similar thing when I was shopping with her recently. Didn't realize for 10+ minutes.

She had a mini panic. But someone had handed it in. Unfortunately they didn't leave their name so she could thank them, but was nice to know honest people are still around too.

Hope you catch them.

Costco camera capabilities are basically limited to the registers and exits, including the loading bay. I went to the exact spot purse was taken and no camera shots there will be of use. It happened in the very back by the water. She went to pick up a case of water and her purse slipped off her arm. She put it next to her loaded a few water cases in cart and forgot to pick up purse. I am glad your mom retrieved her purse.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Costco camera capabilities are basically limited to the registers and exits, including the loading bay. I went to the exact spot purse was taken and no camera shots there will be of use. It happened in the very back by the water. She went to pick up a case of water and her purse slipped off her arm. She put it next to her loaded a few water cases in cart and forgot to pick up purse. I am glad your mom retrieved her purse.
    Gonna be tough but best of luck James. Hope you catch 'em. Good on costco for giving you the opportunity.